+ Reply to Thread

Yankees Attendance 2018

10 home games into the 2018 Yankees season and attendance is 368,577 compared to 358,864 after 10 home games in 2017.

After the news stories about ticket sales being 500,000 ahead of last year I expected higher attendance.

Yankees are on track for 3 million but I would not forecast 3.5 million or more yet. All the premium games and summer games are still to be played so that will increase average attendance per game which was 38,762 in 2017 (only 79 home games in 2017 due to 2 single admission doubleheaders).

3.5 million over 81 games would be an average of 43,209.

Let's Go Yankees!

NYYF Legend

Re: Yankees Attendance 2018

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    10 home games into the 2018 Yankees season and attendance is 368,577 compared to 358,864 after 10 home games in 2017.

After the news stories about ticket sales being 500,000 ahead of last year I expected higher attendance.
    [...]
    Let's Go Yankees!
    Do you live in the New York area? Have you been outside on any given day when the Yankees were home since April 3?

I know they count tickets sold, rather than fans in the seats (of which there were only a sparse handful of stalwarts when I was there on Thursday), but I'm sure the weather is holding down spontaneous ticket buying, on the day of the game or a few days before.

Addicted Member

Yankees are on track for 3 million but I would not forecast 3.5 million or more yet. All the premium games and summer games are still to be played so that will increase average attendance per game which was 38,762 in 2017 (only 79 home games in 2017 due to 2 single admission doubleheaders).

3.5 million over 81 games would be an average of 43,209.

Let's Go Yankees!
    Given the weather so far an average of 36k per game is not bad. 500,000 tickets in advance sales is about 6k per game. Some were probably replacement sales. People who bought a few games who upgraded to some sort of plan in hopes of getting playoff tickets. Warmer weather combined with better showing in field will lead to better attendance

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    Do you live in the New York area? Have you been outside on any given day when the Yankees were home since April 3?

I know they count tickets sold, rather than fans in the seats (of which there were only a sparse handful of stalwarts when I was there on Thursday), but I'm sure the weather is holding down spontaneous ticket buying, on the day of the game or a few days before.
    Yes, live in the NY area and living through the April winter but they count tickets sold. I do know there are not many grandstand tickets left for some games. Attendance will increase but 3.5 million will be a reach.

19 home games into the 2018 Yankees season and attendance is 741,517 for an average of 39,027; on track for an average of 3.2 million.

With Red Sox & Mets, summer homestands upcoming and a great team this will tick up but 3.5 million will still be a reach.

Get out and support this team!

Addicted Member

19 home games into the 2018 Yankees season and attendance is 741,517 for an average of 39,027; on track for an average of 3.2 million.

With Red Sox & Mets, summer homestands upcoming and a great team this will tick up but 3.5 million will still be a reach.

To hit 3.5 mill it would require an average of just under 44,500 for each of the 62 remaining games. Very doubtful.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeJimBeam View Post
    To hit 3.5 mill it would require an average of just under 44,500 for each of the 62 remaining games. Very doubtful.
    Maybe 3.4M if they have no rainouts and the team continues to play well.
    To all, life is too short, enjoy the baseball season even those that hate me.

NYYF Legend

What will really count is how many playoff games we play. The attendance for the home games should be over the roof

Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

NYYF Legend

Bad weather is a major factor. I just read that YES ratings are better than ever. Don't be surprised if there a many sell outs this summer....especially if Judge and Stanton start hitting a lot of homers and the Yankees continue to stay in first place.

Excellent attendance all 4 games this Memorial Day weekend!

After 34 games, home attendance averages 41,620.

Attendance has been super strong with no game under 40,000 since April 25

After today's 40th home game the attendance is 1,690,671 YTD for an average of 42,267 per game and on pace for 3,423,609 for 81 games.

Let's Go Yankees!

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeJimBeam View Post
    Right now, they're on the pace to hit slightly over 3.5 million in attendance. Through 54 games, they're averaging 43,339. They already broke the new Yankee Stadium record for sellouts.

Thread Information