+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

2018 Rule V Eligibility & Draft

Just wanted to have a spot where eligible Rule V players for 2018 can be easily tracked.

Courtesy of Pinstriped Prospects

https://pinstripedprospects.com/list...gible-players/

I'm sure Sheffield, Tate, Adams will be protected...

Re: 2018 Rule V Eligibility & Draft

Quote Originally Posted by groundhoggator View Post
    Just wanted to have a spot where eligible Rule V players for 2018 can be easily tracked.

Courtesy of Pinstriped Prospects

https://pinstripedprospects.com/list...gible-players/

I'm sure Sheffield, Tate, Adams will be protected...
    Just to note, that list is just guys that will become eligible this year. There is a bunch of guys that were eligible in 2016 and 2017 that are still in the system.
    Get the Yankees prospect coverage you deserve at http://www.pinstripedprospects.com/!

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Quote Originally Posted by rpimpsner View Post
    Just to note, that list is just guys that will become eligible this year. There is a bunch of guys that were eligible in 2016 and 2017 that are still in the system.
    Such as the four or five that were chosen in the last Rule V draft, then returned.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

I wrote up my first Rule 5 preview today, check it out
    https://pinstripedprospects.com/yank...to-make-33568/
    Get the Yankees prospect coverage you deserve at http://www.pinstripedprospects.com/!

Quote Originally Posted by rpimpsner View Post
    I wrote up my first Rule 5 preview today, check it out
    https://pinstripedprospects.com/yank...to-make-33568/

Awesome job - thanks for sharing

Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar

Winter 2018 Rule 5 Draft concerns

There's been a lot of talk about fruits of the farm rotting- being lost to the rule 5 draft.

CC probably won't be here next year, but I can't see him being filled in by a minor league player (especially when we have our #5 spot open as well).

Worst case, we have room because we can get rid of Ellsbury, Walker, and Shreve.
    We have one spot right now, I think (Plus German getting optioned to AAA, but I assume someone else will be added to the 40 man).

Can someone post the list of 2019 R5 eligible players that we'd actually be concerned about losing?

I know there obvious concerns are:
    Chase Adams
    Jestus Sheffield
    Dillon Tate

I'm sure I missed a couple.

Domingo Acevedo and Thairo Estrada are on the 40 man (right?) and Florial luckily has another year.

Also, at what point do you not have to worry about Rule 5? IE: Since German is optioned back to the minors, is he a concern?

Is the 40 man/Rule 5 really a concern?
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

NYYF Legend

Re: Winter 2018 Rule 5 Draft concerns

Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Also: http://www.nyyfansforum.com/showthre...=1#post8535199

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeyankeefan View Post
    The inclusion of De Paula is the author Here is a partial list of names in the article that I recognize - and be advised that I do not spend that much time on the minors; these names are ones that I have seen discussed on this forum and other places:

Kyle Holder
    Justus Sheffield
    Chance Adams
    Trey Amburgey
    Dermis Garcia
    Andrew Schwaab
    Stephen Tarpley
    Wilkerman Garcia
    Dillon Tate
    Donny Sands
    Jhalan Jackson
    Juan De Paula
    Zack Zehner
    Josh Rogers
    Cody Carroll
    Hoy Jun Park
    Mike Ford
    Gosuke Katoh
    Jordan Foley
    Erik Swanson
    Jose Mesa Jr.
    Ryan McBroom
    J.P. Feyereisen
    Nick Green

That's 24 names right there that decisions have to be made on, so I would say it is a problem.
    I don’t necessarily agree as there are probably only 7 or 8 names on that list we need to really worry about. Also Cash has done a phenomenal job trading the fringe guys for low level lottery tickets. I hope he continues to do so, making sure our system does not run dry in the long run.

NYYF Legend

With Monty not comng back til Sept 2019 I think we absolutely need CC for one more year
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BronxYanks45 View Post
    With Monty not comng back til Sept 2019 I think we absolutely need CC for one more year
    Noooooooooooooooo.
    "Be a voice, not an echo." - Albert Einstein

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    Noooooooooooooooo.
    If CC is healthy, he's coming back. i believe he has stated that he would like to pitch in London next year when the Yankees play the Sox there.

Rule V options have cleared up a bit with today's trade of acquiring Britton.

Carroll, Rogers, and Tate are now Orioles.

Cashman has cleared a remarkable amount of 40 man space this past week. There are still probably more moves coming, but here is a guess at a current offseason 40 man:

Starting Pitchers (13): Severino, Tanaka, Gray, German, Loaisiga, Montgomery, Cessa, Abreu, Acevedo, Sheffield, Adams, Swanson, Nick Green

Reflief Pitchers (9): Chapman, Betances, Green, Kahnle, Holder, Cole, Heller, Tarpley, Frare

Catchers (3): Sanchez, Romine, Higashioka

Corner infielders (3): Bird, Andujar and Austin

Middle infielders (7): Torres, Gregorius, Torreyes, Wade, Estrada, Avelino, Holder

Outfielders (5): Gardner, Hicks, Judge, Stanton, Frazier

This leaves out Ellsbury, and also I think Thairo Estrada may be a goner with the emergence of Avelino, but that's an attempt at a list for now.

Now Frare has been dealt, Cashman is clearing up any 40 man logjam early this season.

Quote Originally Posted by jon abbey View Post
    Cashman has cleared a remarkable amount of 40 man space this past week. There are still probably more moves coming, but here is a guess at a current offseason 40 man:

Starting Pitchers (13): Severino, Tanaka, Gray, German, Loaisiga, Montgomery, Cessa, Abreu, Acevedo, Sheffield, Adams, Swanson, Nick Green

Reflief Pitchers (9): Chapman, Betances, Green, Kahnle, Holder, Cole, Heller, Tarpley, Frare

Catchers (3): Sanchez, Romine, Higashioka

Corner infielders (3): Bird, Andujar and Austin

Middle infielders (7): Torres, Gregorius, Torreyes, Wade, Estrada, Avelino, Holder

Outfielders (5): Gardner, Hicks, Judge, Stanton, Frazier

This leaves out Ellsbury, and also I think Thairo Estrada may be a goner with the emergence of Avelino, but that's an attempt at a list for now.

That's a great starter list...ultimately - I think they need to get this list down to 35 players - as I expect them to be active in FA this offseason.

Here are the 4 players (Frare- already done) I think will not make it to the 40 this offseason - Cessa, Estrada (agree w/Avelino), Austin, and Holder. If they decide to keep Holder - watch Wade get traded then.

Now Frare has been dealt, Cashman is clearing up any 40 man logjam early this season.
    We got 1.5 million back. Man that was a heist.

And he wasn’t a Rule V guy per se. Was set for outright minor league free agency.

Quote Originally Posted by CTyanks View Post
    We got 1.5 million back. Man that was a heist.

And he wasn’t a Rule V guy per se. Was set for outright minor league free agency.
    I have to wonder about that amount. I know it's Curry and he's usually accurate, but that's a lot of dough for Frare.
    Cashman: Death Star Fully Operational

Everyone reported that number, not just Curry. Don't forget Frare is fully controllable, six years at least.

Everyone reported that number, not just Curry. Don't forget Frare is fully controllable, six years at least.
    I'm still surprise they got that much for him.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    I'm still surprise they got that much for him.
    It is shocking but i hope it is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankyfan View Post
    It is shocking but i hope it is true.
    I'm right there with you.

Quote Originally Posted by groundhoggator View Post
    That's a great starter list...ultimately - I think they need to get this list down to 35 players - as I expect them to be active in FA this offseason.

Here are the 4 players (Frare- already done) I think will not make it to the 40 this offseason - Cessa, Estrada (agree w/Avelino), Austin, and Holder. If they decide to keep Holder - watch Wade get traded then.
    Austin's gone... man - this Rule V outlook not looking so stressful for next year...

NYYF Legend

I think Cashman has done well with these trades to "clear out" the log-jam in the Farm System. He has not only traded guys who were on the 40 man bubble, but cleared out a few current 40 man roster folks who were in the greatest danger of losing their spots for no return to the Yankees, like Gallegos, Austin, Shreve, etc.

Nice job.

Cashman clears another spot once the McCutchen deal is done (Avelino), possibly a second once the other is announced. I am guessing one of the names at the end of my SP list above, maybe Adams or Swanson or Nick Green.

NYYF Legend

Cashman clears another spot once the McCutchen deal is done (Avelino), possibly a second once the other is announced. I am guessing one of the names at the end of my SP list above, maybe Adams or Swanson or Nick Green.
    I thought Avelino might have a shot at replacing Thario on the 40 man roster this November.
    Abi had a wonderful season in Trenton this year. Not so great in Scranton, although not bad by any means.Guess that's not happening.

The decision to send Thario to the AFL is also a strong indicator the Yankees still have high expectations for him.

Thread Information