+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

2018 Tyler Wade Performance Thread

When is this guy gonna hit? When are we going to see, "the real Tyler Wade," Cashman? This guy doesn't look like a major leaguer at the moment.

Re: 2018 Tyler Wade Performance Thread

He should be sent down, anyone could do better. If he starts hitting at AAA and there's a need, bring him up. I think Torres has eligibility soon so if he's ready Wade should go.

Tyler Wade is a career minor league player. He showed little last year and is showing even less this year. Must have something on Boone to be getting this much playing time. Andujar hasn't shown a lot yet this year but at least he occasionally has hit the ball hard. Should be Andujar at 3rd and Torreyes at 2nd until players return from the DL.

Andujar will be good. Tyler Wade hasn't shown me he hasn't been really overrated in the minors.

NYYF Legend

Good thing he worked out with Pujols this offseason

His season at AAA last year is an outlier.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by cptxcpl View Post
    Tyler Wade is a career minor league player. He showed little last year and is showing even less this year. Must have something on Boone to be getting this much playing time. Andujar hasn't shown a lot yet this year but at least he occasionally has hit the ball hard. Should be Andujar at 3rd and Torreyes at 2nd until players return from the DL.
    He's 23 years old. You cannot call him a "career minor leaguer" yet. He may need more time in AAA but I wouldn't write off his potential as a major leaguer. He had a good spring training and his speed is an asset. That is why Boone brought him up.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

Go back to Cali, Cali, Cali ArodEra's Avatar

SSS and all, but he’s never impressed me on this level during the regular season. AAAA or fungible utility player at best, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    He's 23 years old. You cannot call him a "career minor leaguer" yet. He may need more time in AAA but I wouldn't write off his potential as a major leaguer. He had a good spring training and his speed is an asset. That is why Boone brought him up.
    Obviously just my opinion. Yes, Wade is young. I just haven't seen much potential in him at the major league level. 11 strikeouts in 31 ABs 19 strikeouts in 58 ABs last year. His strikeouts per plate appearance are about the same as Aaron Judge of 2017. And he looks over-matched most of the time. There's an old saying "You can't steal first base" which so far applies to Wade. He does play decent defense though. With a lineup like the Yankees have it can support a weak hitter. But my guess is that once players return from injury Wade will be back in the minors. But I can see him possibly playing for a major league club other than the Yankees.

He's not even hitting the ball hard.

Early on he looks like a utility guy that will bring good defense for the most part, and speed. Which nothing is wrong with that.

Too early to call him a AAAA player or career minor leaguer though. But he's definitely having trouble with ML pitching. Watching his ABs, he's had trouble turning on low 90's FBs in hitter counts. That's not good.

Like I said his .300 AAA season maybe a fluke. He's never hit like that at any high level.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    Good thing he worked out with Pujols this offseason
    Well, to his credit, he looks like a 40 year old with his swing
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

Quote Originally Posted by flymick24 View Post
    Well, to his credit, he looks like a 40 year old with his swing
    So in a way, you are comparing him to Drew.

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    He's not even hitting the ball hard.

Early on he looks like a utility guy that will bring good defense for the most part, and speed. Which nothing is wrong with that.

Too early to call him a AAAA player or career minor leaguer though. But he's definitely having trouble with ML pitching. Watching his ABs, he's had trouble turning on low 90's FBs in hitter counts. That's not good.

Like I said his .300 AAA season maybe a fluke. He's never hit like that at any high level.
    Granted, he does look lost and he needs to find it quickly especially if Torres continues to play well.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    Yeah he may or may not turn into an everyday player but he's not the kind of blue chip can't miss prospect you give a ton of rope to when he's batting sub 200 in both of his MLB stints.

He's the kind of prospect you do shuttle back to AAA as needed.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    So in a way, you are comparing him to Drew.
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Something to consider about Wade - per Baseball Reference, his age difference is -5.7 years at the MLB level this season.

Last season,he has a 156 OPS+ at the AAA level with an agediff of -4.8 years.

Unfortunately, he may end up being a 4A player, but he is still very young. Everyone seemed to think that Didi was going to be all glove, no hit when we acquired him after is age 24 season. I am willing to give Wade some time.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeyankeefan View Post
    Something to consider about Wade - per Baseball Reference, his age difference is -5.7 years at the MLB level this season.

Last season,he has a 156 OPS+ at the AAA level with an agediff of -4.8 years.

Unfortunately, he may end up being a 4A player, but he is still very young. Everyone seemed to think that Didi was going to be all glove, no hit when we acquired him after is age 24 season. I am willing to give Wade some time.
    Didi at 23 had a 91 wRC+ season. He didn't hit at age 24 season but his wRC+ was still 75. It's bad but that level of bad hitting is at least playable at SS position.

Right now I can't justify playing Wade at all with his 9 wRC+ in about 100 AB. I know it's still small sample size but the Yankees are not tanking. That level of hitting is unplayable in the major.

it's only been two weeks, folks
    “Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.” – Yogi Berra

Torres should be taking his place later this month.

I think he has a future in MLB but I do not think it is as a starter this year for this team.

NYYF Legend

So Torreyes had 3 hits in last night's game. Wade so far 3-32 for the season. Torreyes should be our second baseman until Torres is brought up.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SatchelPaigeYankee View Post
    it's only been two weeks, folks
    Wade also could not hit major league pitching last September.

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Wade also could not hit major league pitching last September.
    wade just can't hit major league pitching from what i have seen last year and this...but torres is going to be the full time second baseman anyways...so n/p

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by nyyankeefan4life View Post
    wade just can't hit major league pitching from what i have seen last year and this...but torres is going to be the full time second baseman anyways...so n/p
    I am sure Torre will be. But until he is ready Yankees are in better shape with Torreyes batting instead of Wade.

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    So Torreyes had 3 hits in last night's game. Wade so far 3-32 for the season. Torreyes should be our second baseman until Torres is brought up.
    Seems that there is a contingent of folks from all areas (fans, press, FO) that are high on Wade and not on Torreyes, and to this point I can't understand why. Fielding seems to be a wash from what I've seen (both are very good), but Torreyes hits lots of line drives and Wade does not. Since there is only room for one after Torres arrives I would agree that Toe deserves to play most days.
    Let the kids play.

I'm not sure about Torres at 2B. He's starting his 4th straight game at 3B.

Thread Information