+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 118
  1. #76
    NYYF Legend

    Donnybaseball72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Proud Yankee fan in Red Sox Nation

    Re: 2018 Tyler Wade Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sixty one View Post
    yankee management thought highly of him. Perhaps, he could be their Ben Zobrist . He has talent and I'm sure with another team this will surface.
    This doesn't come close to answering my question.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

  2. #77

    Re: 2018 Tyler Wade Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    Why do so many Yankee fans blame it on the stress of the environment of playing in NYC? You either have it or you don't. I can understand pitchers maybe but not a hitter batting 9th.
    I agree with you, Donny. I think Yankee fans tend to make way too much out of this claim of special stress.

    That said, I am not sure the Yankees have given up on the athletic Wade becoming the utility player they have seen the potential for. Obviously, Torreyes, batting over .400, looks to everyone much superior to Wade, batting below .100. No one is going to prefer the latter to the former, simply because he runs faster, fields somewhat better, can play the OF, and has more extra base potential. And if another team wants Wade enough to help seal a deal for a top starter, then he will be gone. But if not, I think he still has a chance to reestablish himself as a hitter at AAA, and get another Yankee chance as a utility player or a replacement for an injured front line. I understand you get three strikes in this game. I am not counting him totally out yet.

  3. #78
    NYYF Legend

    ClownPickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Diego

    Re: 2018 Tyler Wade Performance Thread

    0-4 in his first game in AAA.
    Calmer than you are

    7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

  4. #79
    NYYF Legend

    JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Still under the unfinished breezeway

    Re: 2018 Tyler Wade Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    0-4 in his first game in AAA.
    He's showing consistency.
    Do not fear, all we want to do is talk.

    Only words, and then your thoughts.

  5. #80
    NYYF Legend

    -tz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    NYC

    Re: 2018 Tyler Wade Performance Thread

    No bump for Wade since he came up? He did win us that one game with his speed as a pinch runner ... and tonight he's a triple shy of the cycle. (And he's one of the few guys on the team you think might actually manage a triple.)

  6. #81
    NYYF Legend

    NelsonMuntz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Alexandria, VA

    Re: 2018 Tyler Wade Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    Why do so many Yankee fans blame it on the stress of the environment of playing in NYC? You either have it or you don't. I can understand pitchers maybe but not a hitter batting 9th.
    I think it makes fans feel good about themselves.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

  7. #82

    Re: 2018 Tyler Wade Performance Thread

    Back in April I stated my opinion that Wade's struggles at the ML level was due at least in part to holding the bat over his head. I suggested he lower the bat to provide a shorter distance to the ball, which is really hitting basics 101. It seems someone was listening because his hands are significantly lower than they were in April.

  8. #83

    Re: 2018 Tyler Wade Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vanderlay View Post
    Just offering my opinion that holding the bat over his head is not optimal, he needs to be shorter to the ball. If you and/or others have a different opinion that perfectly fine, we are here to exchange ideas.
    Bumping this

  9. #84
    NYYF Legend

    ClownPickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Diego

    Re: 2018 Tyler Wade Performance Thread

    A lot of Wade's struggles had to do with him losing 15 lbs with the flu.

    Big fan of Wade. Hope he kills it.
    Calmer than you are

    7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

  10. #85

    Re: 2018 Tyler Wade Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    A lot of Wade's struggles had to do with him losing 15 lbs with the flu.

    Big fan of Wade. Hope he kills it.
    Are you suggesting the flu caused him to hold the bat over his head which resulted in a ridiculously long path to the ball? And are you disputing that he has significantly lowered his hands?

  11. #86
    NYYF Legend

    ClownPickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Diego

    Re: 2018 Tyler Wade Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vanderlay View Post
    Are you suggesting the flu caused him to hold the bat over his head which resulted in a ridiculously long path to the ball? And are you disputing that he has significantly lowered his hands?
    Nope. I don't think hitting mechanics were the reason he struggled. In addition, I'll take Albert Pujols and the Yankee hitting staff opinion on batting mechanics over yours.
    Calmer than you are

    7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

  12. #87

    Re: 2018 Tyler Wade Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Nope. I don't think hitting mechanics were the reason he struggled. In addition, I'll take Albert Pujols and the Yankee hitting staff opinion on batting mechanics over yours.
    First off, you have no idea what my background is. Secondly it's obvious that someone on the Yankee coaching staff agreed with my analysis because he has dropped his hands significantly.

  13. #88
    NYYF Legend

    ClownPickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Diego

    Re: 2018 Tyler Wade Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vanderlay View Post
    First off, you have no idea what my background is. Secondly it's obvious that someone on the Yankee coaching staff agreed with my analysis because he has dropped his hands significantly.
    1) I'm pretty sure your background and experience isn't on par with HOFer Albert Pujols.

    2) Prove it.
    Calmer than you are

    7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

  14. #89
    NYYF Legend

    ClownPickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Diego

    Re: 2018 Tyler Wade Performance Thread

    I'm not even saying you are wrong Art. He may have lowered his hands. What I'm saying is I don't think that was the main reason he struggled. The main reason IMO was because he was very sick and lost 15lbs.
    Calmer than you are

    7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

  15. #90

    Re: 2018 Tyler Wade Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    I'm not even saying you are wrong Art. He may have lowered his hands. What I'm saying is I don't think that was the main reason he struggled. The main reason IMO was because he was very sick and lost 15lbs.
    The sickness could be part of it. I'll disagree with you regarding the position of the hands. You can probably count on one hand the number of ML hitters that have had success holding the bat over their heads, shortest distance to the ball is a hitting fundamental that is taught by most reputable hitting coaches and clearly someone in the Yankee organization has convinced Wade of that since he has lowered his hands dramatically sine April. Regarding Puljos he is an outlier and IMO his sucess has more to do with something other than the position of his hands, but I digress.

  16. #91
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: 2018 Tyler Wade Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vanderlay View Post
    The sickness could be part of it. I'll disagree with you regarding the position of the hands. You can probably count on one hand the number of ML hitters that have had success holding the bat over their heads, shortest distance to the ball is a hitting fundamental that is taught by most reputable hitting coaches and clearly someone in the Yankee organization has convinced Wade of that since he has lowered his hands dramatically sine April. Regarding Puljos he is an outlier and IMO his sucess has more to do with something other than the position of his hands, but I digress.
    Maybe but there have been plenty of unorthodox stances in MLB over the years including holding bat over head and some of those guys are in the hall of fame.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  17. #92

    Re: 2018 Tyler Wade Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Maybe but there have been plenty of unorthodox stances in MLB over the years including holding bat over head and some of those guys are in the hall of fame.
    So what is your point? Should Wade go back to holding the bat over his head?

  18. #93

    Re: 2018 Tyler Wade Performance Thread

    I guess I havenít given up on him but Iím not sold. Hopefully this hand adjustment thing will help propel him into a major league caliber player
    Baseball games are not won with a formula. If you can hit, they will find a place for you

  19. #94

    Re: 2018 Tyler Wade Performance Thread

    playing really well
    ďLove is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.Ē Ė Yogi Berra

  20. #95
    NYYF Legend

    NelsonMuntz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Alexandria, VA

    Re: 2018 Tyler Wade Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SatchelPaigeYankee View Post
    playing really well
    And rewarded with a seat on the bench. Neil Walker FTW!
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

  21. #96

    Re: 2018 Tyler Wade Performance Thread

    I love watching young athletes and great defense in baseball. I continue to root for this kid, though his value might be best used in a trade.

  22. #97
    Go back to Cali, Cali, Cali ArodEra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008

    Re: 2018 Tyler Wade Performance Thread

    Why is he on this team? Can’t stomach him.

  23. #98

    Re: 2018 Tyler Wade Performance Thread

    Much rather have Torreyes as super utility man.

  24. #99
    Go back to Cali, Cali, Cali ArodEra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008

    Re: 2018 Tyler Wade Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SonnySideUP View Post
    Much rather have Torreyes as super utility man.
    Without a doubt. Unfortunately, he's currently having some family issues (wife's health). Still, this love affair with Wade is mind-boggling.

  25. #100
    It's a walkoff Mark19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Alexandria, VA

    Re: 2018 Tyler Wade Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    Why is he on this team? Canít stomach him.
    Wade has shown time and time again that he gets the bat knocked out of his hands - he simply isn't a major leaguer
    SI: Do you have a secret ambition?
    Igawa: That's secret.


    "They should just practice during the regular season and show up for the playoffs -Ichiro on the Yankees

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts