+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: 2018 Tyler Wade Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Why didn't Albert Pujols say anything?

Just offering my opinion that holding the bat over his head is not optimal, he needs to be shorter to the ball. If you and/or others have a different opinion that perfectly fine, we are here to exchange ideas.

I don't think he is really all that good. Great glove but I think there is a reason nobody has been all that high on his bat.

Quote Originally Posted by bucky View Post
    (I think what if we had Nick Solak and didn't make that trade for Drury.)
    Solak can only play 2B and is probably a year away still, Gleyber is about to take over 2B.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by jon abbey View Post
    Solak can only play 2B and is probably a year away still, Gleyber is about to take over 2B.
    Thanks. I agree. Wish we didn't trade him because I have my doubts with Wade and we don't know about Solak. I read an article somewhere Solak was one of the top 10 prospects for the week in AA batting over 300. I think we also gave a pitcher to Houston. I wish him the best. Kinda name you just remember.

But NY doesn't need Wade or Solak, they are about to have an infield of Bird (fingers crossed). Gleyber, Didi and Andujar, with Drury and Torreyes behind them. Wade is almost certainly going back to AAA to rebuild confidence, and Walker is running out of time to be more than a bench player also.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Rhod0406 View Post
    I don't think he is really all that good. Great glove but I think there is a reason nobody has been all that high on his bat.
    Hasnt really showed much with the stick
    Baseball games are not won with a formula. If you can hit, they will find a place for you

Quote Originally Posted by bucky View Post
    Thanks. I agree. Wish we didn't trade him because I have my doubts with Wade and we don't know about Solak. I read an article somewhere Solak was one of the top 10 prospects for the week in AA batting over 300. I think we also gave a pitcher to Houston. I wish him the best. Kinda name you just remember.
    We sent Taylor Widener to Arizona. Houston wasn't involved in the trade at all.

NYYF Legend

He was sent down.

NYYF Legend

After his solid spring, I really thought that Wade would continue that success into the regular season. And after another disappointing appearance in the majors, I am afraid that Wade has gotten on the Rob Refsnyder train. He had a great chance to show his skills this year and instead it was just more of the same from last year as he could never get his bat going.

Quote Originally Posted by 2JAY View Post
    After his solid spring, I really thought that Wade would continue that success into the regular season. And after another disappointing appearance in the majors, I am afraid that Wade has gotten on the Rob Refsnyder train. He had a great chance to show his skills this year and instead it was just more of the same from last year as he could never get his bat going.
    Sometimes the game can be cruel. Maybe Wade could have shown something over a larger sample, but there's just too much talent in the Yankees' system for him to get more chances.

Barring injury I don't see how he ever comes back. The organization is going to go all-in on Torres.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

NYYF Legend

Now that he's been sent down, the worst part of this year's Wade audition was him getting robbed of his first ML home run.

Hopefully he gets back up here and rectifies that.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    Now that he's been sent down, the worst part of this year's Wade audition was him getting robbed of his first ML home run.

I have mixed feelings on him coming back because at this point him coming back would most likely involve an injury or epic slump from one of Torres or Andujar and I’d rather not have any of those happen.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    I have mixed feelings on him coming back because at this point him coming back would most likely involve an injury or epic slump from one of Torres or Andujar and I’d rather not have any of those happen.
    Yeah, I agree. I wasn't hoping it in a thought-out-consequences kind of way, but instead in more of a Dustin Fowler kind of way. Wade 100% deserves to be demoted, but it also sucks that, as a guy with limited power, he had his first career HR as a Yankee - in Yankee Stadium - taken away from him...and now may potentially not get another chance.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post

That and the fact he's crippled his trade value.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    Sometimes the game can be cruel. Maybe Wade could have shown something over a larger sample, but there's just too much talent in the Yankees' system for him to get more chances.

Barring injury I don't see how he ever comes back. The organization is going to go all-in on Torres.
    Jack Curry pretty much said this. He wasn't brought up to sit couple days a week. He's the starting everyday second baseman going forward.

So the Yankees are going to live through whatever growing pains he has.

Since Wade has a very limited upside, the patience with him would be much lower.
    People thought he didn't hit last year due to inconsistent AB's. He had whole off-season to look at video and correct things. Yet, he looks like exact same hitter we saw last year at the ML level. That is not encouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    That and the fact he's crippled his trade value.
    He could tear it up at AAA and Cashman could talk about how they love him but he's blocked by Torres. Hopefully it will work.

Worth mentioning that Clint Frazier and Tyler Austin, two superior players, are potentially going to be in the same boat. Frazier's best path to the majors would probably be a Gardner trade while Austin would need Greg Bird to stay hurt.

Wade was likely never going to be a long-term starter here, his value was always in his versatility, a Zobrist or Holt type. The thing is that Torreyes is only 25 and seems to be quite good in that role himself, so I'd say it's looking bleak for Wade's future in NY.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    He could tear it up at AAA and Cashman could talk about how they love him but he's blocked by Torres. Hopefully it will work.

Worth mentioning that Clint Frazier and Tyler Austin, two superior players, are potentially going to be in the same boat. Frazier's best path to the majors would probably be a Gardner trade while Austin would need Greg Bird to stay hurt.
    I think Austin is a solid platoon partner for Bird. He can also maybe get a DH spot against a lefty where you sit Gardy. It's all health with Austin.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Go back to Cali, Cali, Cali ArodEra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jon abbey View Post
    Wade was likely never going to be a long-term starter here, his value was always in his versatility, a Zobrist or Holt type. The thing is that Torreyes is only 25 and seems to be quite good in that role himself, so I'd say it's looking bleak for Wade's future in NY.
    All good points. Personally, Id take Torreyes over Wade 10 out of 10 times.

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    All good points. Personally, Id take Torreyes over Wade 10 out of 10 times.
    Me too.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by EvanJ View Post
    He was sent down.
    It was only a matter of time and a good move. Like Art posted - he has to improve his bat technique - it is NOT working. He had a solid Spring Training but he has yet to prove he can hit at this level. He is young, lefty, fast, great glove so I wish him well. I hope he isn't a AAAA player. I am happy we have Torreyes, too.

NYYF Legend

Too bad he hasn't been successful in NY. Perhaps he will do well in a less stressful environment like Oakland or Miami. He will probably be traded with a few more prospects for another starting pitcher this year.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sixty one View Post
    Too bad he hasn't been successful in NY. Perhaps he will do well in a less stressful environment like Oakland or Miami. He will probably be traded with a few more prospects for another starting pitcher this year.
    Why do so many Yankee fans blame it on the stress of the environment of playing in NYC? You either have it or you don't. I can understand pitchers maybe but not a hitter batting 9th.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    Why do so many Yankee fans blame it on the stress of the environment of playing in NYC? You either have it or you don't. I can understand pitchers maybe but not a hitter batting 9th.
    yankee management thought highly of him. Perhaps, he could be their Ben Zobrist . He has talent and I'm sure with another team this will surface.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Sixty one View Post
    yankee management thought highly of him. Perhaps, he could be their Ben Zobrist . He has talent and I'm sure with another team this will surface.
    Management thought more of Wade than Solak (but I think TB wanted Solak for the trade) so they definitely did not give up on Wade. He is SWB to improve his bat. I liked Solak and wish they kept him. I realize Torres is at second but either of these guys could be solid back up/utility players.

Thread Information