+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2018 Shane Robinson Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Finding som stray player whoís better than Shane Robinson shouldnít be hard at all.
    And yet here we are 10 days after the trade deadline has passed and Robinson has played in 6 straight games. I donít even think Cashman is looking. Heís content with the wildcard.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Shane Robinson is an insult to all their minor league outfielders. He's basically a career sub .200 player (minus 1 season 3 years ago) and he's starting regularly. No, not spot starts... regularly. How on earth does he still have a job in the majors? Is he the coolest guy in town in the clubhouse? He's the ultimate wingman at the bar? Because at this point, that's what I'm going with.

NYYF Legend

Boone said in the postgame show that Walker has neck pain and some sort of illness. And Bird can't hit lefties. Ergo, both Shane and Voit need to play.

Clap clap, clap-clap-clap ArodEra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    Boone said in the postgame show that Walker has neck pain and some sort of illness.
    Neck, foot and mouth disease?

NYYF Legend

Boone said in the postgame show that Walker has neck pain and some sort of illness. And Bird can't hit lefties. Ergo, both Shane and Voit need to play.
    Shane and Voit are a pain in the neck.

It's scary to see that these two guys are on the roster let alone getting many playing times during this stretch of the year. Bad job by the leader here.

Do something.
    Equally as calm as ClownPickle ~(+/- 1)

NYYF Legend

Shane Robinson in the lineup again, playing CF... Despite everyone else in the roster, I guess he never needs a day off?
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

This guy stinks. Someone should wave a skunk in front of him.

Shane Robinson makes me miss Jayson Nix
    SI: Do you have a secret ambition?
    Igawa: That's secret.

"They should just practice during the regular season and show up for the playoffs -Ichiro on the Yankees

Quote Originally Posted by Mark19 View Post
    Shane Robinson makes me miss Jayson Nix
    John and Suzyn should similarly say something about him every game, like "Robinson consistently contributes nothing in every game he plays."

I'm dumbfounded that he hasn't been sent down and anybody who can play OF brought back up. McBroom would be an option. Must be a few on the scrap heap that can fill in better too.
    Let the kids play.

Devoted Member

Bird can't hit rh pitchers either... .180 in his last 300 at bats against rh pitching.

Bird in over 500 at bats is barely a 200 hitter.

To say this team is missing Judge and not having outfield depth would be a gross understatement. Aaron Hicks (defense and power bat) is proving his indispensability at the present time. So is Gardy (less the BA). With Ellsbury out for the remainder of this season and Clint Frazier’s concussion issue and now with Stanton’s left hamstring problem, Shane Robinson better not get injured.

I do have a problem with infielder-lifer Neil Walker patrolling right field in crucial late inning situations. Cashman ought to scour the waiver wires and work out a trade for a utility outfielder.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YanksBeatBraves1996 View Post
    To say this team is missing Judge and not having outfield depth would be a gross understatement. Aaron Hicks (defense and power bat) is proving his indispensability at the present time. So is Gardy (less the BA). With Ellsbury out for the remainder of this season and Clint Frazierís concussion issue and now with Stantonís left hamstring problem, Shane Robinson better not get injured.

I do have a problem with infielder-lifer Neil Walker patrolling right field in crucial late inning situations. Cashman ought to scour the waiver wires and work out a trade for a utility outfielder.

Hicks should have been out there for defense. This resting crap has just gotten insane.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Hicks should have been out there for defense. This resting crap has just gotten insane.
    Betts and JD started both games of a doubleheader today yet Hicks canít play half an inning.

NYYF Legend

Now rocking a 32 OPS+. Continuing to put him in the starting lineup is insanity.

NYYF Legend

He's the 64th player to reach 4 outfield assists, and he will have 100 2/3 innings in the outfield if he plays 9 innings today. To show how few innings that is, the 17 players with the most outfield assists have an average of 854 1/3 innings in the outfield. I was going to use the top 10 players, but I used the top 17 because there is a tie for 9th through 17th.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by EvanJ View Post
    He's the 64th player to reach 4 outfield assists, and he will have 100 2/3 innings in the outfield if he plays 9 innings today. To show how few innings that is, the 17 players with the most outfield assists have an average of 854 1/3 innings in the outfield. I was going to use the top 10 players, but I used the top 17 because there is a tie for 9th through 17th.
    Well, that justifies all the playing time.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    Now rocking a 32 OPS+. Continuing to put him in the starting lineup is insanity.
    That's just slightly worse than his career 63 OPS+

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CalYankeeFan View Post
    Well, that justifies all the playing time.
    It explains his defensive metrics, when he looks to take bad reads and routes constantly at least to me

The Orioles released Danny Valencia today. I know he's only Danny Valencia, but I think he's obviously better than Shane Robinson. He's even a month younger.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Yankees your 27 time WS Champs MyBoysKaosHavoK's Avatar

Cashman should be embarrassed he couldn't do better then Shane Robinson. Robinson doesn't belong on any MLB roster let alone the Yankees...
    In the Land of the Blind. The One Eyed Man is King......

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    The Orioles released Danny Valencia today. I know he's only Danny Valencia, but I think he's obviously better than Shane Robinson. He's even a month younger.
    Itís a no brainer. He hits lefties well and can play 2B, 3B, 1B, and the corner OF positions (not necessarily gold glove defense, but these are desperate times). The only justification needed at this point is that he is a better option than Shane Robinson. Someone seriously needs to call Cashman out if he does not sign Valencia.

What an impotent piece of turd Robinson is. Bases jammed and he grounded meekly to short. End of inning.

NYYF Legend

Might as well be swinging a wet newspaper. Not his fault though. He should not be on this roster.

Thread Information