+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast
    NYYF Legend

2018 Domingo Germán Performance Thread

Hope he gets CCs start and dominates. Love his stuff.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Re: 2018 Domingo Germán Performance Thread

I'm anxious to see what his stuff looks like after about 50-60 pitches. In general, I believe a successful ML starter has to have pretty consistent command of at least 3 pitches.
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Hope he gets CCs start and dominates. Love his stuff.
    Kudos to you for including the accent in Germán. I wish the Andújar and Sánchez threads had been equally correct.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    Kudos to you for including the accent in Germán. I wish the Andújar and Sánchez threads had been equally correct.
    Sorry, but people are typing fast on mobile devices and such so such errors are going to be made.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Sorry, but people are typing fast on mobile devices and such so such errors are going to be made.
    A little more care is called for when posting a new Performance thread where the title remains visible for the whole season, in my opinion. On Android, it takes a split second to get the accent. I don't expect it from anyone except Dr. John and -tz in standard discussion posts.

I really felt sorry for Bartolo Colón, whose name was changed from that of an iconic explorer to that of a lower intestinal section.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

NYYF Legend

Count me in on the German bandwagon. I hope he gets CC’s next start as well.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

A little more care is called for when posting a new Performance thread. On Android, it takes a split second to get the accent. I don't expect it from anyone except Dr. John and -tz in standard discussion posts.
    TBH, I'm an old dude and I can't figure out how to apply that accent without deleting the letter below it. My apologies, but some of us are just tech. limited with our phones, keyboards and such.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    Count me in on the German bandwagon. I hope he gets CC’s next start as well.
    I'm in on the Germán bandwagon. Well, maybe not so much today.

Fixed those other two. If you ever want changes like that made, you can just PM me.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by matt2351 View Post
    Fixed those other two. If you ever want changes like that made, you can just PM me.
    Noted. Thanks.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by sjb23 View Post
    I'm anxious to see what his stuff looks like after about 50-60 pitches. In general, I believe a successful ML starter has to have pretty consistent command of at least 3 pitches.
    Me too. This is why I it's probably Cessa tp pitch because he threw 20 pitches in that 3rd inning. I am not expert but (FX Pitch) the FB, CH, CU were nice but his SI (2 seam FB) was his worst pitch and only threw it 5 times. Too bad but he was losing it that 3rd inning when he gave up the HR. I still want him in SWB to develop higher pitch count and a slider.

Calls a tool a tool

He would do better if he had an umlaut.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ChinMusic View Post
    He would do better if he had an umlaut.
    Hmmm ... He could be Domingo Germän." "Män" is Swedish for "men" (plural). I guess that would make him twice the man, and hopefully twice the pitcher also.

Hopefully he will still get the start on Saturday (I think that's the spot) over Cessa. Starting a game is different preparation, he really deserves the chance and I hope Sunday did not change that.

NYYF Legend

Give the ball more to this man.

Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Deserves a look in the rotation.

NYYF Legend

Unfortunately FO still has a love affair with Cessa. He gets the start on Saturday. God knows why.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Unfortunately FO still has a love affair with Cessa. He gets the start on Saturday. God knows why.
    I don't know t hat I'd call it a love affair but Cesse, German and Adams were all considered for 6th starter spot in off season.

But German threw 3 IP last night which pretty much takes him out. Who knows maybe if German pitched better last Sunday he'd be getting the start on Saturday and Cessa would have been the long man last night.

At this point it sounds like just 1 start as CC is expected back for his next turn in the rotation.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    I don't know t hat I'd call it a love affair but Cesse, German and Adams were all considered for 6th starter spot in off season.

But German threw 3 IP last night which pretty much takes him out. Who knows maybe if German pitched better last Sunday he'd be getting the start on Saturday and Cessa would have been the long man last night.

At this point it sounds like just 1 start as CC is expected back for his next turn in the rotation.
    But that's a decision the org/Boone made. He should have thrown Cessa there to pitch the slop if he intended on starting German.
    Calmer than you are

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    But that's a decision the org/Boone made. He should have thrown Cessa there to pitch the slop if he intended on starting German.
    I'm saying they probably decided on Cessa to start before last night's game based on German's stink bomb last Sunday.

I'm not saying that is right or wrong, just speculating that things might have been different if German threw 3 scoreless last Sunday instead of last night.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

German should start Saturday. Cessa should have relieved yesterday. Clearly Cash wanted Cessa to get the start all along. Otherwise he would have handled the pitching assignments differently
    Standings: Big Inning 32-16; Blue Cut 27-21; Shoo Fly 26-22; Husk 22-26; Frank Pierce 21-27; Iowa City 16-32.

Cash trade acquisitions are harder to kill than Ellsbury.

The only "ability" he has shown is to blow games and have bad control. Shouldn't be on the roster.

NYYF Legend

Stuff means nothing if he couldn't command it.

Quote Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
    Stuff means nothing if he couldn't command it.
    In fairness to German, he hasn't pitched since April 12th and young pitchers need to be used to remain sharp with their command.

Thread Information