+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Cc

Considering CC's age and probable struggles through a long season, would it make sense to move him to the bullpen where in one or two appearances a week he could throw considerably fewer pitches, but last throughout the season?
    I think he could make the adjustment and possibly still make a rare start.
    While we seek another starter!

Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar

Re: Cc

He was an effective pitcher last year, so no.
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Quote Originally Posted by palermop View Post
    Considering CC's age and probable struggles through a long season, would it make sense to move him to the bullpen where in one or two appearances a week he could throw considerably fewer pitches, but last throughout the season?
    Given what he produced last season, my answer is no.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

NYYF Legend

1 = 0.033814

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by palermop View Post

(plan?) CC is going to start unless Brian has a trade (my fear is Andķjar). I would wait and see how he does. My bigger concern in Boone taking him out in 4-5 inning. I do like to have Monty (LHP) to replace him if Monty is better and healthy. I agree with you. I have had enough of Cessa and feel CC is who I want and feel he would be a solid long reliever (better than German ?). What I like is CC does not walk batters or give up HRs but he doesn't have FB for a K anymore with RISP (concern).

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    1 = 0.033814
    You forgot to tie that reference to Floz. If they don't convert cc, they can convert Floz easily enough.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

I could really use a piece of 3.14159265359.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

I donít think he could or would transition to BP.
    Iím guessing his prep before a game is pretty complicated.

Not like Some pitchers who donít even know start time of a playoff game.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeyankeefan View Post
    I could really use a piece of 3.14159265359.

I prefer C2H5OH, stirred, not shaken

Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

The Death Star is Sputtering Zimmer's Helmet's Avatar

Given CC's newly-discovered heart problems, and the blood-thinning medications he will have to take moving forward, I am actually afraid for his life if he plays baseball in 2019.

I'm not even sure how any doctor can medically clear him to play. He should retire right now.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

Re: 2018 CC Sabathia Performance Thread

He's been a great Yankee. A great example for the younger Yankees. He also should seriously considering retiring NOW.

Although his pitching has been more than serviceable since he is clean and sober, he is still way overweight thus further aggravating a knee with little to no cartilage. 18+ years and thousands of innings landing on that leg with many of those years being way over 280 lbs.

Now, he officially has a heart condition with the stent procedure. A serious heart condition NOT a minor heart condition. In my mind, there is no possibility you can spin it any other way. Is there such thing as a minor heart condition when you are an athlete? He is only 38 years old, yet he is obese, he is a recovered alcoholic and now he has a stent in his heart for a blocked artery.

He has the heart of a lion. A probable hall of fame career. Am I crazy? I can't be the only one that feels he might need to hang it up.
    Last edited by slickknick; 12-27-18 at 02:36 PM.
    [IMG]http://forums.nyyfans.com/customprofilepics/profilepic10444_1.gif[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by slickknick View Post
    He's been a great Yankee. A great example for the younger Yankees. He also should seriously considering retiring NOW.

Although his pitching has been more than serviceable since he is clean and sober, he is still way overweight thus further aggravating a knee with little to no cartilage. 18+ years and thousands of innings landing on that leg with many of those years being way over 280 lbs.

Now, he officially has a heart condition with the stent procedure. A serious heart condition. In my mind, there is no possibility you can spin it any other way. Is there such thing as a minor heart condition when you are an athlete? He is only 38 years old, yet he is obese, he is a recovered alcoholic and now he has a stent in his heart for a blocked artery.

He has the heart of a lion. A probable hall of fame career. Am I crazy? I can't be the only one that feels he might need to hang it up.
    I agree. My bigger concern is the blood thinners he'll be taking for the rest of his life and their side effects. A bad cut can become fatal. Increased joint pain, which won't help his knee, etc.

He has nothing more to prove. He should prioritize his health and quality of life and retire now.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
    Given CC's newly-discovered heart problems, and the blood-thinning medications he will have to take moving forward, I am actually afraid for his life if he plays baseball in 2019.

I'm not even sure how any doctor can medically clear him to play. He should retire right now.

CC's heart problems and can be easily controlled by Meds.

The stent is a minor procedure. It is not life threatening but a warning that he will need to watch his diet to avoid future blockages. He is fortunate to have the full medical care that the Yankees can provide. Frequent routine testing and adherence to a proper dietary regimine is all he needs.

Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nome View Post
    CC's heart problems and can be easily controlled by Meds.

The stent is a minor procedure. It is not life threatening but a warning that he will need to watch his diet to avoid future blockages. He is fortunate to have the full medical care that the Yankees can provide. Frequent routine testing and adherence to a proper dietary regimine is all he needs.

Andy
    It's the blood thinners that concern me most.

I don't know what exact medications he'll be taking, but if he's taking anti-coagulants as I strongly suspect (i.e. Coumadin), bad contusions, cuts and any type of blow to the head can put him at great risk, to the point where they can be fatal.

Forum Regular

I don't know what exact medications he'll be taking, but if he's taking anti-coagulants as I strongly suspect (i.e. Coumadin), bad contusions, cuts and any type of blow to the head can put him at great risk, to the point where they can be fatal.
    Why don't we leave such scenarios to CC and his physicians?

NYYF Legend

i I was on Coumadin for seven years.

1. You are over-stating the issue.
    2. Counter agents exist and can be used in case of major injury.
    3. There are many new generation blood thinners less dangerous than Coumadin. My cardiologist fired his blood test taker that spent his life doing PTs because of Coumadin. They don't use it any more.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Quote Originally Posted by Bauer View Post
    Why don't we leave such scenarios to CC and his physicians?
    Obviously, theyíll make the final call. Weíre merely having a discussion on a message board.

I bring up these concerns because I have a family member who is taking Coumadin, and for someone who used to be extremely active, thereís much she can no longer do because of the risks involved with that medication...

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    i I was on Coumadin for seven years.

1. You are over-stating the issue.
    2. Counter agents exist and can be used in case of major injury.
    3. There are many new generation blood thinners less dangerous than Coumadin. My cardiologist fired his blood test taker that spent his life doing PTs because of Coumadin. They don't use it any more.
    Perhaps youíre right. Iím not a doctor and havenít had the first-hand experience youíve had, but my observations based on my sisterís experience have been quite different.

NYYF Legend

Perhaps you’re right. I’m not a doctor and haven’t had the first-hand experience you’ve had, but my observations based on my sister’s experience have been quite different.
    I don't know your sister, but I had no restrictions on my ordinary activities. I didn't ask about playing major league ball. I play tennis, hike, work on cars, etc.

The only warnings were about dental procedures and surgeries, and to advise emergency personnel if injured.

Sure, you bruise easily, and if you were obsessed with your complexion, you might want to bubble wrap yourself. Once I switched to the more modern Xarelta, that was less of a concern.

I was happier still when they took me off altogether.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

NYYF Triple Crown

I agree. My bigger concern is the blood thinners he'll be taking for the rest of his life and their side effects. A bad cut can become fatal. Increased joint pain, which won't help his knee, etc.

He has nothing more to prove. He should prioritize his health and quality of life and retire now.

MY fear. If he retires That is going to hurt. Last year, pitching was my top priority - we got Stanton and Monty got hurt (sucked). This year I wanted even more pitching (Happ replacing CC as our LHP). We targeted Manny from Day one. If we lose CC we don't have a 5th starter - we just gave up Sheff (LHP) I liked Tate too - Loaisiga, I don't like Cessa, Adams, or German are regular SP (spot yes). I love Abreu but he is not ready... I would convert Green to SP but that's not happening because we depend on him in the pen. I am honestly having doubts is Brian putting together a championship team because Manny never was a need. Stanton was never a need last year.

I merged these threads. Please read the CS section about where to create threads before doing so.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by matt2351 View Post
    I merged these threads. Please read the CS section about where to create threads before doing so.
    Yes. It was confusing. Thanks

Now we need a separate Floz conversion thread.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

NYYF Legend

I don't know if I've ever ever seen Barry Manilow quoted.

Let this be the magic at last.
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Quote Originally Posted by sjb23 View Post
    I don't know if I've ever ever seen Barry Manilow quoted.

Let this be the magic at last.
    I actually attended a Barry Manilow concert. I bet you never thought you would hear anybody admit to that outloud.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Thread Information