+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Re: 2018 CC Sabathia Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Yankee Fan View Post
    He's not retiring without 300 and 3,000.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Benefactor View Post
    He's not retiring without 300 and 3,000.
    Getting to 3,000 Kís is easily doable. 300 wins, sorry I donít see it happening.

We just need 1 win tomorrow, big fella.

Probable scenario, CC guts out 4 - 5 innings and gives up 3 - 4 runs. Then the bull pen gives up 1 or 2. Yanks have to score some runs. I'm hoping for a 7 - 5 win.

when the going gets tough ... JSG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Probable scenario, CC guts out 4 - 5 innings and gives up 3 - 4 runs. Then the bull pen gives up 1 or 2. Yanks have to score some runs. I'm hoping for a 7 - 5 win.
    Once again it all falls on the big fella. Hopefully the rest pays off and he comes out of the gate strong. Clean first is key, and they canít look beyond that. Letís go, CC !!

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I don't see why the bullpen should give up anything. All of the 'A' guys are well rested, the lone silver lining from last night's debacle.
    /sarcasm
    KayNOTForPresident

In what could be his last career start and/or his last at YS. The biggest game of the year falls on his shoulders...one more time, big fella

I think 1 run might be too much tonight the way this offense looks.

I mean 2 runs. Game over.

The Death Star is Sputtering Zimmer's Helmet's Avatar

Thanks for the memories, CC.

Wish you all the best in 2019 but hopefully, it won't be in Yankee pinstripes.
    Time to move on.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
    Thanks for the memories, CC.

Wish you all the best in 2019 but hopefully, it won't be in Yankee pinstripes.
    Time to move on.
    It's been reported that CC wants to pitch one more season and perhaps with the Blue Jays. Bring it on, buffet man!

NYYF Legend

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post

He's right but unfortunately I don't see the relevance except that he's frustrated and just looking to blame someone.

Quote Originally Posted by JeterForPresident View Post
    He's right but unfortunately I don't see the relevance except that he's frustrated and just looking to blame someone.

cc should not have even started this game.. well at least he and gardner are gone...thanks for the memories...

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by nyyankeefan4life View Post
    cc should not have even started this game.. well at least he and gardner are gone...thanks for the memories...
    Why not? He could have pitched well. That seems like a hindsight 20/20 statement. But props to you if you knew ahead of time. I had faith in him gritting out 4 or 5 innings.

Thanks for all your hard work, big fella. We will always have 2009. I'm proud that you were able to reinvent yourself, but it's time to say goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by JeterForPresident View Post
    I thought Hernandez was fine -- and if anything his calls ended up more in our favor than not. It wasn't Hernandez's fault that CC couldn't put anyone away with 2 strikes.

Either way, when you consider how long term contracts work out for pitchers nowadays, I thought this dude more than earned his keep as a Yankee. He was a horse for the first 5 years he was here, brought us a title, and I respect him for overcoming alcoholism & injury to reinvent himself (while taking a few cues from Andy). Thanks for the memories, but this has to be the end of the road.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by albo4lyfe View Post
    Thanks for all your hard work, big fella. We will always have 2009. I'm proud that you were able to reinvent yourself, but it's time to say goodbye.
    pretty much.

1: Bumgarner/Corbin/?mystery TOR?
    2: Severino
    3: Tanaka
    4: Happ (depending on demands)/?mystery MOR acquisition?
    5: Young pitcher demolition derby Sheffield/Lasagna/German/King?/whoever else ... (Montgomery in wings as possible mid-season plug-in)*

Let's roll.

(Sorry, I know I shouldn't be plotting out 2019 literally a few hours after elimination but baseball is hard to let go of. )

*One or more of these won't be around anymore if there's a MadBum trade, I get that.

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNewman View Post
    pretty much.

1: Bumgarner/Corbin/?mystery TOR?
    2: Severino
    3: Tanaka
    4: Happ (depending on demands)/?mystery MOR acquisition?
    5: Young pitcher demolition derby Sheffield/Lasagna/German/King?/whoever else ... (Montgomery in wings as possible mid-season plug-in)*

Let's roll.

(Sorry, I know I shouldn't be plotting out 2019 literally a few hours after elimination but baseball is hard to let go of. )

*One or more of these won't be around anymore if there's a MadBum trade, I get that.
    sign corbin that is obvious .. look to see if scherzer is available he would be the ace the yanks need...

Quote Originally Posted by nyyankeefan4life View Post
    sign corbin that is obvious .. look to see if scherzer is available he would be the ace the yanks need...
    I live in the Nats market. The expectation is that Robles will be in the starting lineup out of ST, and, that if they don't sustain the injury issues they had this year they'll be able to reload and be back in the chase. If they trade Max the fans will lock the entire FO in the stadium and burn it to the ground. Any offers for Scherzer would likely start with Torres AND Sheffield/young arm.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post

I absolutely loathe the fact that I am defending him but Angel Hernandez was not the problem last night. He called a good game.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tucker View Post
    Time to retire. He shouldn't have boozed away all his talent. It's too late to get it back.
    That's his fault, no one else's.
    I don't know what you're talking about but CC pitched to a 2.3war this year. If he wants to pitch next year there will be teams interested in not only his leadership but his ability.

btw i personally would like the Yankees to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tucker View Post
    Time to retire. He shouldn't have boozed away all his talent. It's too late to get it back.
    That's his fault, no one else's.
    Thatís as bad a post as Iíve seen here in a long time. Heís 38 years old, heís pitched for 18 seasons, and he has more IP than any other active pitcher. Thatís more than enough explanation for any decline in his performance. Attributing baseball performance to moral or characterological weakness is always a presumptuous exercise, but here itís really a defamation of an excellent career.

Guess I'm in the minority here, but I would 100 percent support CC coming back for 1 yr/$10M again. Starting pitching doesn't grow on trees, and it doesn't come cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Thatís as bad a post as Iíve seen here in a long time. Heís 38 years old, heís pitched for 18 seasons, and he has more IP than any other active pitcher. Thatís more than enough explanation for any decline in his performance. Attributing baseball performance to moral or characterological weakness is always a presumptuous exercise, but here itís really a defamation of an excellent career.
    Characterological!!
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

Thread Information