NYYF Legend

Re: 2018 Brian Cashman Performance Thread

Butler(s)
    Do not fear, all we want to do is talk.

Only words, and then your thoughts.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Right, you're making it your business, but for many of us like myself, I have little interest in such things.
    Honestly I just read about it, its interesting and when someone brought it up here I figured I'd chime in. It doesn't really matter that much to me either. I love baseball and I'm a Yankees fan, they try their best to make me want to give it up but they haven't done it yet lol.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
    Hard for me to disagree with any of this. As far as the bolded part of your post goes, the Yankees are not alone and it goes beyond baseball. All iconic sports franchises are like this now - they sell history daily and if you want to soak that in, they're going to make sure you pay top dollar. The Dallas Cowboys and Montreal Canadiens are just as bad - and they don't even field consistently competitive teams like the Yankees do.
    You're right. My buddy has been to a bunch of MLB ball parks and he said Dodger stadium was just like Yankee stadium. Historic franchises and big market teams, thats just how they operate and we accept it because we want to see a game every now and then. It's absolutely not just a Yankees thing.

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    Don't forget your hair cut person. (says the husband of a hair salon stylist)
    gotcha !

Released Outright

Corbin deal did not go thru as the Nats offered 6 year deal & he took it . Good for him !

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by JeterForPresident View Post
    You're right. My buddy has been to a bunch of MLB ball parks and he said Dodger stadium was just like Yankee stadium. Historic franchises and big market teams, thats just how they operate and we accept it because we want to see a game every now and then. It's absolutely not just a Yankees thing.
    It’s not just historic franchises. The marlins ballpark has a giant moat as large as Yankee stadium. The White Sox don’t allow fans on the lower level concourse even for food, unless you have field level seats.

Hell even in the renderings for the Belmont Arena the Islanders are trying to build, the front row is in front of a moat.

... when do the winter meetings start so we can get back to Cashman talk?

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule View Post
    Itís not just historic franchises. The marlins ballpark has a giant moat as large as Yankee stadium. The White Sox donít allow fans on the lower level concourse even for food, unless you have field level seats.

Hell even in the renderings for the Belmont Arena the Islanders are trying to build, the front row is in front of a moat.

... when do the winter meetings start so we can get back to Cashman talk?
    Next week.... Most of my Cashman posts end up in other areas because I feel he runs this team. It will be BIG for me. I was hoping we could make signings before this but I frankly don't know what is going on. This could be another Ellsbury or a CC meeting.

http://www.milb.com/milb/events/wint...nda_events.jsp

Released Outright

get back Chasen Shreve !

Released Outright

Cashman 0-2 Elvoldi stayed with BoSox , Yanks may not have the clout that they once had

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Hook I View Post
    Cashman 0-2 Elvoldi stayed with BoSox , Yanks may not have the clout that they once had
    Losing out on Nate is not that big a deal. He had a wonderful year in the post-season and against the Yankees during the season.. Otherwise, fairly meh.

And his elbow after 2 TJ surgeries, for a guy who throws a large number of fastballs, is not a safe investment. Especially guaranteeing 4 years.

No issues with "losing" out on him.

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Quote Originally Posted by mbn007 View Post
    Losing out on Nate is not that big a deal. He had a wonderful year in the post-season and against the Yankees during the season.. Otherwise, fairly meh.

And his elbow after 2 TJ surgeries, for a guy who throws a large number of fastballs, is not a safe investment. Especially guaranteeing 4 years.

I agree here - his two TJS scare me, since it seems to indicate that whatever he throws puts undue stress on the elbow. I would have preferred him at 2 years with an option or maybe three years, but four is too many IMO.

As for Corbin, I have no issues - some posters seem to think he is a reincarnated Cy Young. He has had one good season (admittedly, very good), one so-so season (2017) and a bunch of forgetable seasons. He doesn't seem worth $140M to me.

I would like J.A. Happ, even at three years - he seems to me a pitcher that could slide into a BP role if needed, but his tenure with the Yankees last year makes me think he is much more than a #4 starter.

I would offer him two years/$32M with a vesting third year based on IP or starts.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

Released Outright

The once experienced AAA arms just shows they are experienced AAA pitchers , not big leauge
    ready. It's all show time !

I would not trade Gray hes is healthy , somebody has to fix him if Rothschild can't clear his head , get someone who can , I liked when Tony Pena called the games .

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

The once experienced AAA arms just shows they are experienced AAA pitchers , not big leauge
    ready. It's all show time !

I would not trade Gray hes is healthy , somebody has to fix him if Rothschild can't clear his head , get someone who can , I liked when Tony Pena called the games .
    Given what Cashman has said about trading him, I don't see how he could possibly be here come spring training.

As for "can he be fixed", I don't want to see him pitch in YS again. I suppose we could pitch him on the road and have CC start in YS, but that seems a bit radical.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by mbn007 View Post

Just want to add and no more Eovaldi (it's over). We could have had Eovaldi over Happ at the trade deadline and what happen. Again we could of sign Eovaldi to 4 years at 70M. Dave Dombromski is so stupid and Brian/we are so smart. If we don't get Happ we have to trade solid prospects/players that could have help us in the future. I just want to see what Brian does next and we end up with opening day. We know what BoSox has already.

NYYF Legend

Dombrowski is stupid? Huh....
    Goin for 2<strike>7</strike>8!

Released Outright

You have to go back a few years to absorb this , Daddy Steinbrenner would sign BoSox players more to weaken their current roster Not sure if Hal understands his ole man's team planning . Like a general on the battlefield its a basic strategy , you take out your enemy's food supply , ammunition to weaken its strength .

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeyankeefan View Post
    Given what Cashman has said about trading him, I don't see how he could possibly be here come spring training.

As for "can he be fixed", I don't want to see him pitch in YS again. I suppose we could pitch him on the road and have CC start in YS, but that seems a bit radical.
    Hold that thought mid season when Gray is healthy & a few are on the DL He's an arm !

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by goin for 27 View Post
    Dombrowski is stupid? Huh....
    No. Disappointed. I was being sarcastic because I wanted to sign Eovaldi in our rotation. It was a good move by Dave. If they win another World Series I will be pissed. Dave lives baseball. I watch the Yankee 95% of the time and BoSox sometimes and there he is with Tony LaRusso in the box talking baseball. I don't like all this Boston love here but he put together a good team. I know this is far fetch but I was on another Yankee site before here and he would join us (used his own name but we never knew) when he was with the Tigers. This is true Dave said before the season started that Igawa would fail with all these numbers, ball size, etc.

You have to go back a few years to absorb this , Daddy Steinbrenner would sign BoSox players more to weaken their current roster Not sure if Hal understands his ole man's team planning . Like a general on the battlefield its a basic strategy , you take out your enemy's food supply , ammunition to weaken its strength .

And you end up with Ellsbury's contract. Better to focus on making the Yankees the best team possible

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by YFIB View Post
    And you end up with Ellsbury's contract. Better to focus on making the Yankees the best team possible
    If you are making a point that we signed Ells to prevent him from signing with Boston. I don't think so. If I remember correctly - There was NO WAY the BoSox were going to resign Ellsbury that off season just like there is NO WAY the BoSox are going to resign Kimbel this year. They had a replacement and Dave is going to get a closer. If anything Brian wanted to recover from losing Cano, we had Gardy, both lefties, and amount of the contract Everything was a mistake that year. I don't like his point because I honestly felt he was that good. I do agree Dave and Brian's job is to put the best team possible.
    Last edited by bucky; 12-07-18 at 10:01 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by bucky View Post
    If you are making a point that we signed Ells to prevent him from signing with Boston. I don't think so. If I remember correctly - There was NO WAY the BoSox were going to resign Ellsbury that off season just like there is NO WAY the BoSox are going to resign Kimbel this year. They had a replacement and Dave is going to get a closer. If anything Brian wanted to recover from losing Cano, we had Gardy, both lefties, and amount of the contract Everything was a mistake that year. I don't like his point because I honestly felt he was that good. I do agree Dave and Brian's job is to put the best team possible.
    Yes, the primary driver was probably the panic after losing Cano. But there was a bit of needling of the Sox, and I generally don't think it's the best strategy to worry about weakening the Red Sox - they have money and will sign players, and the Yankees need to worry about themselves.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by YFIB View Post
    Yes, the primary driver was probably the panic after losing Cano. But there was a bit of needling of the Sox, and I generally don't think it's the best strategy to worry about weakening the Red Sox - they have money and will sign players, and the Yankees need to worry about themselves.
    Fine, maybe, no? Eovaldi and Ells situations have zero in common (we had Eovaldi). No BUT If you want to needle (make it am your goal in life to beat) sign the punk (Brian is in love with) who ended Pedroia's career. (thank you - ended) See what happens.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by bucky View Post
    No. Disappointed. I was being sarcastic because I wanted to sign Eovaldi in our rotation. It was a good move by Dave. If they win another World Series I will be pissed. Dave lives baseball. I watch the Yankee 95% of the time and BoSox sometimes and there he is with Tony LaRusso in the box talking baseball. I don't like all this Boston love here but he put together a good team. I know this is far fetch but I was on another Yankee site before here and he would join us (used his own name but we never knew) when he was with the Tigers. This is true Dave said before the season started that Igawa would fail with all these numbers, ball size, etc.
    Sorry, my bad. I am with you, burning desire to sign Eovaldi, it sucks that we didn't and compounded by him remaining in Boston.
    Goin for 2<strike>7</strike>8!

Quote Originally Posted by goin for 27 View Post
    Sorry, my bad. I am with you, burning desire to sign Eovaldi, it sucks that we didn't and compounded by him remaining in Boston.
    I wouldn't have sign Eovaldi for four years at that amount.

NYYF Legend

Hold that thought mid season when Gray is healthy & a few are on the DL He's an arm !
    Cashman's mistake was flat out announcing that Gray would be traded. Really no turning back now.

Thread Information