+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

NYYF Legend

2018 Brian Cashman Performance Thread

Get Holder off this team. He's trash.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Re: 2018 Brian Cashman Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    With Heller out long-term and Gallegos hurt, I think we might see Cody Carroll sooner than expected this season.

NYYF Legend

Carroll is fine. I get the idea of stretching out German...

However, you can get him plenty of innings pitching long relief. Especially with the way our starters are going. I rather just have the better arm at this point and win ballgames. If you keep him stretched out enough. He should be able to fill a spot start without much trouble.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Hell I'd rather even sign someone at this point to be a long reliever. Jake Peavy wants to make a comeback. RA Dickey is available and can pitch constantly. I'd rather have either over Holder.

Quote Originally Posted by Carsten Charles View Post
    Hell I'd rather even sign someone at this point to be a long reliever. Jake Peavy wants to make a comeback. RA Dickey is available and can pitch constantly. I'd rather have either over Holder.
    How about Oliver Perez?

Yeah, not yet with Carroll, and unfortunately for all of us I think that we will see Cessa before German in the long relief/mop-up role, but first I am pretty sure they need to add Trayce Thompson to the active roster, so either Holder or Andujar will go to Scranton.

Quote Originally Posted by Carsten Charles View Post
    Which far better player do you plan to dump from the 40 man for this pointless move?

Quote Originally Posted by jon abbey View Post
    Which far better player do you plan to dump from the 40 man for this pointless move?
    Thompson, Gallegos, Cessa. Having a guy who can eat some innings right now is far more valuable than any of those 3 will ever be.

Here's one suggestion: Holder!

Seriously, get Jamie Moyer to make a comeback at 55. Anyone but Holder.

With Heller out long-term and Gallegos hurt, I think we might see Cody Carroll sooner than expected this season.
    That's fine by me. Really looking forward to seeing Carroll. Gallegos is Holder-ish himself, so I'll definitely pass on him.

Middle relievers shouldn’t be given a lot of rope. That’s what a AAA shuttle is for.

So we start a Cashman performance thread to thrash Holder, who did stink today, but nothing about Didi's productive day.
    Cashman: Death Star Fully Operational

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    So we start a Cashman performance thread to thrash Holder, who did stink today, but nothing about Didi's productive day.
    Usually we discuss current events and how to improve the roster.

Not good trades Cashman made 4 years ago or bad signings (eg Ellsbury) he made 5 yrs ago. Cashman made a good trade for Didi and Cashman made a bad signing of Ellsbury. Not much discussion to be had there. Have at it though.
    Calmer than you are

So we use these performance threads to just trash people based on the most recent performance. Got it!
    Cashman: Death Star Fully Operational

NYYF Legend

So we use these performance threads to just trash people based on the most recent performance. Got it!
    It's currently a discussion on roster decisions, which falls in Cashman's lap. It can move to a various topics the GM controls. Which everyone was doing pretty well, until you brought up a trade from 2014?

If you think Holder has been bad only recently, you haven't been following close enough.
    Calmer than you are

NYYF Legend

I thought that was what had touched off this thread. Though, to be sure, Didi isn't part of Cashman's 2018 performance.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Yep...
    Calmer than you are

NYYF Legend

Chase Headley DFA.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    Chase Headley DFA.
    Brian should win Executive of the Year just for that trade.
    Do not fear, all we want to do is talk.

Only words, and then your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    Brian should win Executive of the Year just for that trade.
    given how the offseason ended up (with the market rate per wins above replacement dropping so much), its seriously a stunning coup by Cashman
    “Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.” – Yogi Berra

I didn’t see anywhere else to post this - but I feel like holder deserves a shout out : he’s been shockingly good after a horrific start to the season. He’s probably not going to be a relief ace, but he can be a solid middle relief guy for this team and I think people may have given up on him too early.
    Last edited by sfischer89; 05-13-18 at 11:14 AM.

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    Chase Headley DFA.
    yes and Mitchell lost his rotation spot.
    Standings: Big Inning 32-16; Blue Cut 27-21; Shoo Fly 26-22; Husk 22-26; Frank Pierce 21-27; Iowa City 16-32.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by hardrain View Post
    yes and Mitchell lost his rotation spot.
    What did the Pods really see in Mitchell that they were willing to take on Headley's $13 million? Spin rates?
    Last edited by mbn007; 05-14-18 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mbn007 View Post
    What did the Pods really see in Mitchell that they were willing to take on Headley's 413 million? Spin rates?

Neil Walker is a better player than Headley and got 1yr/4mil on the open market. So getting the Pods to take the entire 13 mil and Mitchell was grand larceny.

Footnote, if Mitchell gets released I would try to hook up with Houston if I were him. Whatever they're doing there with pitchers its working.

NYYF Legend

First 6 Seasons
    Harper: 3262 PA, 140 OPS+, 26.1 bWAR
    Stanton: 2958 PA, 145 OPS+, 25.1 bWAR

I'm surprise some people give up Stanton this early but want to hand Harper a 300-400M contract.

Thread Information