+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    NYYF Legend

2018 Brian Cashman Performance Thread

Get Holder off this team. He's trash.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Re: 2018 Brian Cashman Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    With Heller out long-term and Gallegos hurt, I think we might see Cody Carroll sooner than expected this season.

NYYF Legend

Carroll is fine. I get the idea of stretching out German...

However, you can get him plenty of innings pitching long relief. Especially with the way our starters are going. I rather just have the better arm at this point and win ballgames. If you keep him stretched out enough. He should be able to fill a spot start without much trouble.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Hell I'd rather even sign someone at this point to be a long reliever. Jake Peavy wants to make a comeback. RA Dickey is available and can pitch constantly. I'd rather have either over Holder.

Quote Originally Posted by Carsten Charles View Post
    Hell I'd rather even sign someone at this point to be a long reliever. Jake Peavy wants to make a comeback. RA Dickey is available and can pitch constantly. I'd rather have either over Holder.
    How about Oliver Perez?

Yeah, not yet with Carroll, and unfortunately for all of us I think that we will see Cessa before German in the long relief/mop-up role, but first I am pretty sure they need to add Trayce Thompson to the active roster, so either Holder or Andujar will go to Scranton.

Quote Originally Posted by Carsten Charles View Post
    Which far better player do you plan to dump from the 40 man for this pointless move?

Quote Originally Posted by jon abbey View Post
    Which far better player do you plan to dump from the 40 man for this pointless move?
    Thompson, Gallegos, Cessa. Having a guy who can eat some innings right now is far more valuable than any of those 3 will ever be.

Middle relievers shouldn’t be given a lot of rope. That’s what a AAA shuttle is for.

So we start a Cashman performance thread to thrash Holder, who did stink today, but nothing about Didi's productive day.
    God, I love Yankee fans as they're never satisfied!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    So we start a Cashman performance thread to thrash Holder, who did stink today, but nothing about Didi's productive day.
    Usually we discuss current events and how to improve the roster.

Not good trades Cashman made 4 years ago or bad signings (eg Ellsbury) he made 5 yrs ago. Cashman made a good trade for Didi and Cashman made a bad signing of Ellsbury. Not much discussion to be had there. Have at it though.
    Calmer than you are

So we use these performance threads to just trash people based on the most recent performance. Got it!

NYYF Legend

I thought that was what had touched off this thread. Though, to be sure, Didi isn't part of Cashman's 2018 performance.

NYYF Legend

So we use these performance threads to just trash people based on the most recent performance. Got it!
    It's currently a discussion on roster decisions, which falls in Cashman's lap. It can move to a various topics the GM controls. Which everyone was doing pretty well, until you brought up a trade from 2014?

If you think Holder has been bad only recently, you haven't been following close enough.
    Calmer than you are

I think one big question for this team this year is when and how they use guys like Acevedo and Adams. Acevedo could potentially be a major weapon at the back of the pen, and he's already on the 40 man. Obviously NY wants them to stay stretched out as starters for now, but at some point, that might change.

I think one big question for this team this year is when and how they use guys like Acevedo and Adams. Acevedo could potentially be a major weapon at the back of the pen, and he's already on the 40 man. Obviously NY wants them to stay stretched out as starters for now, but at some point, that might change.
    Perhaps a related question, as roster usage and construction are closely linked ...

I realize this is just the first time through the rotation, but if the Yankees (and the rest of baseball) are moving toward a model where you expect only 5 or 6 innings out of your starter, that has some real implications for bullpen construction. You can't go into every single game expecting to use the same 3 or 4 guys for one inning each.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

With Heller out long-term and Gallegos hurt, I think we might see Cody Carroll sooner than expected this season.
    That's fine by me. Really looking forward to seeing Carroll. Gallegos is Holder-ish himself, so I'll definitely pass on him.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Yep...
    Calmer than you are

Here's one suggestion: Holder!

Seriously, get Jamie Moyer to make a comeback at 55. Anyone but Holder.

I think you guys get your Holder wish tomorrow. He's been awful and the Yankees need some fresh arm(s) anyway due to that long a** game.

This is an interesting development.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.3920581

This is an interesting development.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.3920581
    So it says he was sent for an MRI for headaches in 2016. Did the Yankees not have access to those records? And if they did, that didn't raise a red flag when pursuing him?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Shows Muscle View Post
    So it says he was sent for an MRI for headaches in 2016. Did the Yankees not have access to those records? And if they did, that didn't raise a red flag when pursuing him?

Do you think knowing Drury's MRI for migraines coming back clean should have stopped them from dealing for him, given the relatively low cost paid to strengthen a position of weakness? I certainly don't.
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

not as far from yankee stadium as i once was

not a doctor, but i'm fairly sure MRI's can't diagnose migraines.

there is probably more to this than i understand of course.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ajra21 View Post
    not a doctor, but i'm fairly sure MRI's can't diagnose migraines.

there is probably more to this than i understand of course.
    I'm not a doctor either, but at a guess: Might the MRI have been to make sure it wasn't something worse than migraines, such as a serious brain abnormality?

Some food for thought here:

https://americanmigrainefoundation.o...brain-imaging/

Thread Information