+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 68 FirstFirst ... 14 54 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 1680
    NYYF Cy Young

Re: 2018 Brian Cashman Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Cashman's mistake was flat out announcing that Gray would be traded. Really no turning back now.
    I thought it a little peculiar that he went public with that and seemingly with a measure of enthusiasm. Iím not sure it improved his bargaining position any. Just seemed unnecessary to be so determined about trading him.
    Never let the fear of striking out get in your way. - Babe Ruth

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Allan View Post
    I thought it a little peculiar that he went public with that and seemingly with a measure of enthusiasm. Iím not sure it improved his bargaining position any. Just seemed unnecessary to be so determined about trading him.
    Plus if Cashman can't make a deal what does that do to Gray's mind set. Might be even worse next season.

Addicted Member

Plus if Cashman can't make a deal what does that do to Gray's mind set. Might be even worse next season.
    I don't think there is any chance he is on the team. But I agree it would have made more sense to leave that possibility as an option -- keeping your mouth closed isn't that hard.

NYYF Legend

Cashman's mistake was flat out announcing that Gray would be traded. Really no turning back now.
    Perhaps trading Gray before they acquire another starter is necessary in order to get maximum return? If they acquire another starter first, I think any team interested in Gray will lessen their offer, knowing the Yanks now must move Gray to clear a roster spot. I've heard a few media analysts suggest that at this point the Yanks might consider holding on to Gray in case they don't get the right starter - Cashman isn't saying this publicly, but instead is planting a seed (through the media) in order to build Gray's value. Something like "Give us your best offer for Gray or we may just keep him."

Here's another way to use Gray:

Yesterday I started thinking about a preliminary offer of Frazier & Florial to the Indians for Kluber. If the Indians counter-offer with "You have to take Kipnis if you want Kluber", then Cashman counters with "we'll take Kipnis but you have to take Gray".

I would think Gray slots in very nicely behind Carrasco, Bauer & Clevinger, and right in front of Bieber - still a strong enough rotation to win their division and be formidable in October. They gain a ML-ready everyday LFer in Frazier and a high-reward risk OFer in Florial, while shedding over $20M+ in 2019 payroll.

IMO the Yanks should then immediately go out and sign Michael Brantley for 4 yrs/$60M to play LF and begin building their bullpen.

OTOH, I'm having a hard time justifying why the Indians would deal Kluber to the Yanks or the Astros, the two teams ahead of them that could really use him.
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Released Outright

.its just about how much the bombers can save $ signing Harper report are he's not going back to the Nats. He will sell more shirts than A Rod ever did . The Yankees need a white icon to go along with the current players of color. Business is business

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Hook I View Post
    The Yankees need a white icon to go along with the current players of color. Business is business
    21 of the players on the 40-man roster are not Caucasian - your assessment appears to be inaccurate and downright ignorant. But I suppose you're entitled to view it any way you want to.
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by sjb23 View Post
    21 of the players on the 40-man roster are not Caucasian - your assessment appears to be inaccurate and downright ignorant. But I suppose you're entitled to view it any way you want to.
    you see it differently and your mind is dirty very much so every ethnic group has their own following Cuban,Dominican,Afro American , South American ,Asian ect. Yankees are missing their white American player , You can't expect the up and coming kids born to a white American heritage to follow an outside the county baseball hero and to buy a Voit , or Gardner shirt . This is not about quota , its about business & diversity . The rainbow flag will be flying over the stadium this year correct . I'm ok with that no problem I respect rights just balance it out for everyone to enjoy , don't ram it down our throat

NYYF Legend

You can't expect the up and coming kids born to a white American heritage to follow an outside the county baseball hero and to buy a Voit or Gardner shirt.
    Wow. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, but IMO this thinking is very shallow and perhaps even insulting. Thankfully our children and our children's children don't think this way.

Released Outright

Wow. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, but IMO this thinking is very shallow and perhaps even insulting. Thankfully our children and our children's children don't think this way.
    you mean not having a local folk baseball hero growing up is good ? you drank the kool aid Let me explain before everybody gets their panties in a knot , its perfectly normal to have following of your own heritage , Mays = Afro American + Asian -= Matsui for example

Wow is the only thing I can say after the last several posts.

NYYF Legend

Youíre not alone in thinking that way.
    "Be a voice, not an echo." - Albert Einstein

Afro-American? Holy 1974, Batman.

I guess your theory explains why white fans have so much difficulty rooting enthusiastically for Aaron Judge.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

NYYF Legend

you mean not having a local folk baseball hero growing up is good ? you drank the kool aid Let me explain before everybody gets their panties in a knot , its perfectly normal to have following of your own heritage , Mays = Afro American + Asian -= Matsui for example
    Sir, your "perfectly normal" is perhaps no longer considered to be "perfectly normal". IMO buying a jersey should have absolutely nothing to do with ethnicity. This is why baseball itself is so wonderful - a player can be of any size, shape, or form and be a kid's idol.

Once again, I'll reiterate that you are entitled to say whatever you want, but as is with any other opinion, you might want to choose your words a bit more carefully so it doesn't ruffle anyone's feathers.

I'm thinking we should both just leave this alone now. Sorry for the confusion.

Released Outright

Sir, your "perfectly normal" is perhaps no longer considered to be "perfectly normal". IMO buying a jersey should have absolutely nothing to do with ethnicity. This is why baseball itself is so wonderful - a player can be of any size, shape, or form and be a kid's idol.

Once again, I'll reiterate that you are entitled to say whatever you want, but as is with any other opinion, you might want to choose your words a bit more carefully so it doesn't ruffle anyone's feathers.

I'm thinking we should both just leave this alone now. Sorry for the confusion.
    very good , I respect everyone here

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post

I guess your theory explains why white fans have so much difficulty rooting enthusiastically for Aaron Judge.
    is this a drunk post ? wrong again meathead ! , My grandson has a few 99 jerseys when we watch the games on tube.

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by bucky View Post
    You really need medication. I don't agree with any of your points and don't understand how they are relevant. I was at a minor league game trying to get Albert Abreu signature along with guys that had DM flag (?) with other signature on it (manager said no). Fine. That has nothing to do with fielding the best players (Brian job here). It bothers me to see a good poster (here and suspended CP) replying to a "fill in the blank" post and the good poster gets suspended. What has this to do with Brain saying he going to be traded early and then not trading him and then having to tender 8.5M contract to prevent him from becoming a FA. To me it's a mistake and I agree with Ymike.
    Getting Harper to attract a certain fan base is a great marketing strategy ( home attendance is down the last 3 years ) he will surely get back a lot of walk away fans back to the stadium again . Market & Society identity dictates how most are living your / their life today. Don't you ever forget it = made plenty $$ doing it . All meds are in order , all cylinders running in perfect sequence .

NYYF Triple Crown

Getting Harper to attract a certain fan base is a great marketing strategy ( home attendance is down the last 3 years ) he will surely get back a lot of walk away fans back to the stadium again . Market & Society identity dictates how most are living your / their life today. Don't you ever forget it = made plenty $$ doing it . All meds are in order , all cylinders running in perfect sequence .

My bad. I thought we were discussing Gray and missed your point with Harper (most on the other thread). Yes, I don't think Harper is going back but we'll find out next week (and they still want him), I do prefer Harper over Manny, the Nats have a top 5 AL rotation with Corbin. Like the Nats with me it's the massive contract with Harper that I don't want to take on. I'll try to delete my post.

NYYF Legend

I could swear home attendance was up last season over previous seasons.

NYYF Legend

I could swear home attendance was up last season over previous seasons.
    2016: 3,063,405 (37,820 per game)
    2017: 3,154,938 (38,950 per game)
    2018: 3,482,855 (42,998 per game)

I was surprised that Hook said the opposite.

NYYF Legend

2016: 3,063,405 (37,820 per game)
    2017: 3,154,938 (38,950 per game)
    2018: 3,482,855 (42,998 per game)

I was surprised that Hook said the opposite.
    And bear in mind that anyone the Yankees sign now is not going to increase attendance dramatically. Lower seating capacity so attendance maybe will increase at most by another 100,000 next season.

And bear in mind that anyone the Yankees sign now is not going to increase attendance dramatically. Lower seating capacity so attendance maybe will increase at most by another 100,000 next season.
    Capacity is over 47,000 so they could still go up another 300K or so.

Forum Regular

Quote Originally Posted by jon abbey View Post
    Maybe even higher since they have the standing room only passes that they added in august

you see it differently and your mind is dirty very much so every ethnic group has their own following Cuban,Dominican,Afro American , South American ,Asian ect. Yankees are missing their white American player , You can't expect the up and coming kids born to a white American heritage to follow an outside the county baseball hero and to buy a Voit , or Gardner shirt . This is not about quota , its about business & diversity . The rainbow flag will be flying over the stadium this year correct . I'm ok with that no problem I respect rights just balance it out for everyone to enjoy , don't ram it down our throat
    What about the red head out in RF?

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post

And why they never took to Jeter.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jon abbey View Post
    They are not selling out every game. Early season games will be under 40,000. And unfortunately not a lot of home games in September.

Thread Information