+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10
Results 226 to 246 of 246
  1. #226
    NYYF Legend

    CalYankeeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Palmdale, CA

    Re: 2018 Weather Performance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    I would think teams would be quick to rain out a Yankee Game if they can negotiate a make up date as a single game admission. They get a better gate on a nicer day. If the fans are already in their stadium when they rain it out, they get the concession and parking from 2 games.

    It's a conspiracy I tell ya. Everyone takes advantage of the Yankees.
    Surprised The Rays haven’t cut a hole in their roof. Just a little one - have to keep the catwalks in place.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

  2. #227
    Administrator Bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    The Boonies

    Re: 2018 Weather Performance thread

    Another reminder why I don't travel hours to see a game. Probably the best thing for me is to buy same day tickets at the stadium and take what I can get.
    Let the kids play.

  3. #228

    Re: 2018 Weather Performance thread

    if we only end up a couple of games behind in the AL East come October, blame the stupid weather for screwing us over.

    Another reason we should have had the roof.

    But nope, they call it a "freak" season or blame "jesus" for the weather patterns.

  4. #229
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: 2018 Weather Performance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by nyy42 View Post
    if we only end up a couple of games behind in the AL East come October, blame the stupid weather for screwing us over.

    Another reason we should have had the roof.

    But nope, they call it a "freak" season or blame "jesus" for the weather patterns.

    How would a roof at YS have stopped us from being rained out at Detroit, Washington and Baltimore?

  5. #230
    Administrator Bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    The Boonies

    Re: 2018 Weather Performance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    How would a roof at YS have stopped us from being rained out at Detroit, Washington and Baltimore?
    Can you guess how many rain delays you sat through so far this year, including any multiple delays in one game?
    Let the kids play.

  6. #231
    Reject Fascism
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: 2018 Weather Performance thread

    As of an hour gates are still scheduled to open on time but highly doubt the game will be played.
    2018: the year the USA put children in cages

  7. #232
    NYYF Legend

    -tz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    NYC

    Re: 2018 Weather Performance thread

    Has Boston had ANY weather postponements this year? Wait, I recall one, they were winning 20-0 or something in the third inning or so and then it got postponed. Any others?

  8. #233
    NYYF Legend

    -tz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    NYC

    Re: 2018 Weather Performance thread



  9. #234
    NYYF Cy Young

    Messerwhitescooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    the 'burbs

    Re: 2018 Weather Performance thread

    After some huge downpours here in Port Washington (only 8 miles east of the Stadium) the sun is shining.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubeFmHEVzQ0

  10. #235
    NYYF Cy Young

    Messerwhitescooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    the 'burbs

    Re: 2018 Weather Performance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    Has Boston had ANY weather postponements this year? Wait, I recall one, they were winning 20-0 or something in the third inning or so and then it got postponed. Any others?
    Even their weather is better than ours. Sigh. Maybe they will have monsoons during the playoffs.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubeFmHEVzQ0

  11. #236

    Re: 2018 Weather Performance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    Has Boston had ANY weather postponements this year? Wait, I recall one, they were winning 20-0 or something in the third inning or so and then it got postponed. Any others?
    I believe only one against Baltimore, which is being made up today in a DH. They say it's tough to sweep a DH; we'll see if the Sawx can do it. In Game 1, they face the great Yacabonis.

  12. #237

    Re: 2018 Weather Performance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by albo4lyfe View Post
    I believe only one against Baltimore, which is being made up today in a DH. They say it's tough to sweep a DH; we'll see if the Sawx can do it. In Game 1, they face the great Yacabonis.
    Two in total, 4/16 and 7/25. Both against the O's. They won the makeup game from 4/16. I'm going out on a limb and saying they'll win the makeup game today if they get it in with thunderstorms predicted there.

  13. #238
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: 2018 Weather Performance thread

    Tonight looks to be a disaster. Rain predicted all day until at least 10 PM. And since the only common off day left for both teams comes in the middle of next month's West Coast trip they will probably wait all night to play.

  14. #239

    Re: 2018 Weather Performance thread

    hey Hal, don't you see that all these rainouts actually hurt us?

    Maybe you could've convinced your father harder about building that roof

  15. #240
    Reject Fascism
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: 2018 Weather Performance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by nyy42 View Post
    hey Hal, don't you see that all these rainouts actually hurt us?

    Maybe you could've convinced your father harder about building that roof
    That wouldnít have helped us for most of our rainouts this year but would be nice tonight
    2018: the year the USA put children in cages

  16. #241

    Re: 2018 Weather Performance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by nyy42 View Post
    hey Hal, don't you see that all these rainouts actually hurt us?

    Maybe you could've convinced your father harder about building that roof
    It still blows my mind that you can spend $2.3 billion on a stadium and not be able to play games in bad weather. I have family and friends who went to the Bronx on 7/22 when this game was originally scheduled as a stupid ESPN Sunday night game. What a waste of time and money on gas, tolls, and parking.

  17. #242
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: 2018 Weather Performance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Panamaniac42 View Post
    It still blows my mind that you can spend $2.3 billion on a stadium and not be able to play games in bad weather. I have family and friends who went to the Bronx on 7/22 when this game was originally scheduled as a stupid ESPN Sunday night game. What a waste of time and money on gas, tolls, and parking.
    The Jets and Giants partnered on building a stadium and no roof either.

  18. #243

    Re: 2018 Weather Performance thread

    Not having a roof cost us about 6 wins this year. Keep enjoying those ALDS and Wild Card eliminations Hal. Your dads refusal to pony up the $$$ will mean Hal will miss out WS berths.

  19. #244
    NYYF Legend

    -tz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    NYC

    Re: 2018 Weather Performance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by nyy42 View Post
    Not having a roof cost us about 6 wins this year.
    That is one of the nonnest non sequiturs I've ever read on this Forum.

  20. #245

    Re: 2018 Weather Performance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    That is one of the nonnest non sequiturs I've ever read on this Forum.
    Huh?
    You donít follow?

    Rainouts = doubleheaderís = no off days.

    Our doubleheader record = bad

    Is it a coincidence we have been playing these long stretches of games because of doubleheaders, make up games, and rainouts?

    Is it a coincidence our players are gassed because of limited off days?

  21. #246
    NYYF Legend

    -tz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    NYC

    Re: 2018 Weather Performance thread

    Quote Originally Posted by nyy42 View Post
    Huh?
    You donít follow?

    Rainouts = doubleheaderís = no off days.

    Our doubleheader record = bad

    Is it a coincidence we have been playing these long stretches of games because of doubleheaders, make up games, and rainouts?

    Is it a coincidence our players are gassed because of limited off days?
    We haven't had six rainouts at Yankee Stadium this year.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 3 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts