+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2018 Weather Performance thread

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    The forecast is worse tomorrow with rain all day starting before 1:00 p.m. They should pushed today's start to late afternoon like 3 or 4 p.m.
    Tomorrow's forecast is why they will keep us there all day today and try to get the game in. If not for that this game would have been called off yesterday.

News day reporting game is postponed.

From Erik Boland:

Yankees home opener postponed . Official announcement should be coming shortly

Say it ain't snow! Yankees home opener CANCELED due to snowstorm. It's now set for Tuesday at 4 p.m.

https://twitter.com/cbsnewyork/statu...270830081?s=21

Not liking tomorrow’s forecast. Do I consider selling, go up tomorrow and risk it, or consider the possibility of a day/night doubleheader on Wednesday

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by nagledm View Post
    Not liking tomorrow’s forecast. Do I consider selling, go up tomorrow and risk it, or consider the possibility of a day/night doubleheader on Wednesday
    I think it's more likely that they have a long rain delay since the rain seems to stop around 7 or 8.

I'm sure there's some sort of rule that the Yankees and Mets can't have a home game scheduled at the same time due to traffic concerns... doesn't mean the Yanks just can't delay a few hours.

should have put in the retractable roof Georgie Porgie. But nah, "history" and "originality." Yet the Yankees have nearly led the MLB in total weather-related postponments, and lost tons of $$$ in the process.

But yea, blame the lord for freak weather patterns I guess......

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule View Post
    I think it's more likely that they have a long rain delay since the rain seems to stop around 7 or 8.

I'm sure there's some sort of rule that the Yankees and Mets can't have a home game scheduled at the same time due to traffic concerns... doesn't mean the Yanks just can't delay a few hours.
    No such rule. Yankees and Mets scheduled to play at the same time this Wedensday.

NYYF Legend

My guess is if tomorrow's game is rained out they will have opening day Wedensday afternoon and technically postpone the scheduled Wedensday game for later in the season.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    No such rule. Yankees and Mets scheduled to play at the same time this Wedensday.
    maybe because it's in the afternoon? I can't think of any other reason the game would be scheduled for 4pm and not 7 when the rain is scheduled to completely be gone by 8 or 9

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule View Post
    maybe because it's in the afternoon? I can't think of any other reason the game would be scheduled for 4pm and not 7 when the rain is scheduled to completely be gone by 8 or 9
    There have been plenty of times that the Yankees and Mets played scheduled night games at the same time too. My guess is 4 PM start tomorrow so they have plenty of time to clear the stands and field. Maybe heavier rain is predicted for earlier in the afternoon too. Also Wedensday game scheduled for 1. Maybe do not want a day game after a night game.

This is the first year that the Yankees aggressively dynamically priced opening day tickets. A postponed event is same as a rain check so ticket buyers may go to the postponed event or choose to exchange the ticket for another game this season. However, now the postponed event ticket cost more than the ticket for another game this season ticket buyers are going to exchange them for. Do the Yankees give the ticket buyer a credit dollar for dollar for what they spent, say $125 for a grandstand ticket, or will it be one grandstand ticket for a future grandstand ticket to a Twins April weeknight game?

NYYF Legend

DFA Weather along with that other scoundrel, Luck.

NYYF Legend

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    This is the first year that the Yankees aggressively dynamically priced opening day tickets. A postponed event is same as a rain check so ticket buyers may go to the postponed event or choose to exchange the ticket for another game this season. However, now the postponed event ticket cost more than the ticket for another game this season ticket buyers are going to exchange them for. Do the Yankees give the ticket buyer a credit dollar for dollar for what they spent, say $125 for a grandstand ticket, or will it be one grandstand ticket for a future grandstand ticket to a Twins April weeknight game?
    Good question. But I assume you could exchange it for a Red Sox or Mets game. Sure those tickets could be the same price as opening day.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    DFA Weather along with that other scoundrel, Luck.
    Is weather related to that old baseball player in the saying, Spahn and Sain, and pray for rain?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubeFmHEVzQ0

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Messerwhitescooter View Post
    Is weather related to that old baseball player in the saying, Spahn and Sain, and pray for rain?
    Yes. Idea was if it rained every third day Spahn and Sain could start every game.

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    They should be playing in a dome or on the west coast/FLA early in the season.
    This. While snow is (clearly) possible in April, it's probably not expected, which is why we have home games lined up.

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Yes. Idea was if it rained every third day Spahn and Sain could start every game.
    Will Severino now pitch on Tuesday on 5 days rest?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    Will Severino now pitch on Tuesday on 5 days rest?
    No, Still going with Montgomery.

NYYF Legend

MLB should NEVER start a game in the eastcoast (excepting Florida) before april 15 and never end the season before October 1st. If that means doubleheaders so be it.

Andy
    Last edited by Nome; 04-02-18 at 01:41 PM.
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

NYYF Legend

The forecast calls for rain most of the day tomorrow....why not just make opening day a 7pm start instead of 4pm...
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Nome View Post
    MLB should NEVER start a game in the eastcoast (excepting Florida) before March 15 and never end the season before October 1st. If that means doubleheaders so be it.

Andy
    Games were rained out at Detroit and Cincinnati. I remember one season the Yankees opened the season at KC and the game was rained out. So unless all the openers are played in domes or on the West Coast rain outs are always going to happen. If every team played 7 doubleheaders the season could start one week later and still end by October 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by BronxYanks45 View Post
    The forecast calls for rain most of the day tomorrow....why not just make opening day a 7pm start instead of 4pm...
    Which they might do anyway.

This whole situation is dumb. Make wed a double header and thats it
    Twenty Seven and Counting.

Thread Information