+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30
  1. #1
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Nassau County

    2018 Aaron Hicks Performance Thread

    https://twitter.com/YankeesPR/status/979758275771150337 says:

    "Roster Move: Prior to tonight's game, OF Aaron Hicks was placed on the 10-day disabled list with a right intercostal muscle strain and OF Billy McKinney was recalled from @swbrailriders."

    This means that outfielders Ellsbury, Hicks, and Frazier have been on the disabled list this year and last year. The last two times the Yankees opened in Toronto, they got an injury during the first game (or whenever Hicks's injury happened). The previous time was Jeter in 2003.

  2. #2
    Released Outright
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    India

    Re: 2018 Aaron Hicks Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by EvanJ View Post
    https://twitter.com/YankeesPR/status/979758275771150337 says:

    "Roster Move: Prior to tonight's game, OF Aaron Hicks was placed on the 10-day disabled list with a right intercostal muscle strain and OF Billy McKinney was recalled from @swbrailriders."

    This means that outfielders Ellsbury, Hicks, and Frazier have been on the disabled list this year and last year. The last two times the Yankees opened in Toronto, they got an injury during the first game (or whenever Hicks's injury happened). The previous time was Jeter in 2003.
    Yea I remember the Jeter injury. I believe he dislocated his shoulder stealing or something like that.

  3. #3
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I live by the Sound

    Re: 2018 Aaron Hicks Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yanksfanintoronto View Post
    Yea I remember the Jeter injury. I believe he dislocated his shoulder stealing or something like that.
    Believe he tried to take an extra base on a grounder when he saw third uncovered, the catcher raced him to the bag and plowed into him, causing the injury.

  4. #4

    Re: 2018 Aaron Hicks Performance Thread

    Hicks is constantly injured. I hope they upgrade CF in the future.

  5. #5
    NYYF Legend

    sjb23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Jacksonville, Fl

    Re: 2018 Aaron Hicks Performance Thread

    I'm hoping to see Hicks back in CF Wednesday night at Fenway. He's an important cog in the wheel, IMO.
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

  6. #6
    NYYF Legend

    -tz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    NYC

    Re: 2018 Aaron Hicks Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by sjb23 View Post
    I'm hoping to see Hicks back in CF Wednesday night at Fenway. He's an important cog in the wheel, IMO.
    If he's ready to play nine innings on Tuesday, he should play them in Fenway, not in SWB.

  7. #7
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: 2018 Aaron Hicks Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    If he's ready to play nine innings on Tuesday, he should play them in Fenway, not in SWB.
    If he has a minor setback on Tuesday in AAA he might be out a few more days on the DL. If he has a minor setback in Boston on Tuesday he's back on the DL and another minimum 10 day stay.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  8. #8
    NYYF Legend

    -tz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    NYC

    Re: 2018 Aaron Hicks Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    If he has a minor setback on Tuesday in AAA he might be out a few more days on the DL. If he has a minor setback in Boston on Tuesday he's back on the DL and another minimum 10 day stay.
    Ay, good point. Sigh.

  9. #9
    NYYF Legend

    -tz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    NYC

    Re: 2018 Aaron Hicks Performance Thread



  10. #10

    Re: 2018 Aaron Hicks Performance Thread

    Hopefully he keeps hitting like he did today and 1st half of last year. Also please stay healthy.
    Let's Go Yankees!

  11. #11
    NYYF Legend

    ClownPickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Diego

    Re: 2018 Aaron Hicks Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Pakimobzta View Post
    Hopefully he keeps hitting like he did today and 1st half of last year. Also please stay healthy.
    Point I was making a couple days ago, he doesn't even need to be this good to be very valuable. The defense and position he plays allows him to be mediocre offensively. If he hits well, he's a 4+ WAR guy easy.

    I like the fact he was pissed they put him on the DL.
    Calmer than you are

    7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

  12. #12
    First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    We just don't know

    Re: 2018 Aaron Hicks Performance Thread

    stay healthy Hicks!
    Standings: Big Inning 32-16; Blue Cut 27-21; Shoo Fly 26-22; Husk 22-26; Frank Pierce 21-27; Iowa City 16-32.

  13. #13
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: 2018 Aaron Hicks Performance Thread

    I officially request this thread get an apostrophe. Hick’s!
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  14. #14
    NYYF Legend

    sjb23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Jacksonville, Fl

    Re: 2018 Aaron Hicks Performance Thread

    I think Aaron's role on this club is going to be very important. IMO his OBP potential warrants putting him in the #2 spot when Torres joins this monster lineup:

    Gardner
    Hicks
    Judge
    Stanton
    Gregorius
    Sanchez
    Walker
    Andujar
    Torres

    Bird replaces Walker in the lineup in June. Drury, Walker, Ellsbury & Romine become the bench.

    The Tylers (Austin & Wade) & Torreyes are stashed in Scranton until further notice.

    Pretty deep roster. Looks like several Plan Bs, Cs & Ds are possible by the trade deadline.
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

  15. #15
    Calls a tool a tool
    Join Date
    Nov 2004

    Re: 2018 Aaron Hicks Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by EvanJ View Post
    https://twitter.com/YankeesPR/status/979758275771150337 says:

    "Roster Move: Prior to tonight's game, OF Aaron Hicks was placed on the 10-day disabled list with a right intercostal muscle strain and OF Billy McKinney was recalled from @swbrailriders."

    This means that outfielders Ellsbury, Hicks, and Frazier have been on the disabled list this year and last year. The last two times the Yankees opened in Toronto, they got an injury during the first game (or whenever Hicks's injury happened). The previous time was Jeter in 2003.
    Nothing about an inside the park HR and an outside the park HR in the same game? Youre slipping old boy.

  16. #16
    NYYF Legend

    -tz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    NYC

    Re: 2018 Aaron Hicks Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ChinMusic View Post
    Nothing about an inside the park HR and an outside the park HR in the same game? Youre slipping old boy.
    Oh, that was on the YES broadcast and it's all over the Internet. EvanJ said he's cutting back here, so no need to post something that's common knowledge.

    From the Yankees' PR Department.


  17. #17

    Re: 2018 Aaron Hicks Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    I officially request this thread get an apostrophe. Hick’s!
    I concur!

  18. #18
    NYYF Legend

    longtimeyankeefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

    Re: 2018 Aaron Hicks Performance Thread

    Someone remind me - did Girardi refer to him as Hickey?
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

  19. #19

    Re: 2018 Aaron Hicks Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by longtimeyankeefan View Post
    Someone remind me - did Girardi refer to him as Hickey?
    hicksie

  20. #20
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006

    Re: 2018 Aaron Hicks Performance Thread

    In addition to the apostrophe, I think everyone in this thread should be required to post in blue.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

  21. #21
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I live by the Sound

    Re: 2018 Aaron Hicks Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    Oh, that was on the YES broadcast and it's all over the Internet. EvanJ said he's cutting back here, so no need to post something that's common knowledge.

    From the Yankees' PR Department.

    In the first game of that doubleheader, Mickey Mantle homered off the YS facade against Pedro Ramos.


  22. #22
    Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Dallas, Tejas

    Re: 2018 Aaron Hicks Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by sjb23 View Post
    I think Aaron's role on this club is going to be very important. IMO his OBP potential warrants putting him in the #2 spot when Torres joins this monster lineup:

    Gardner
    Hicks
    Judge
    Stanton
    Gregorius
    Sanchez
    Walker
    Andujar
    Torres

    Bird replaces Walker in the lineup in June. Drury, Walker, Ellsbury & Romine become the bench.

    The Tylers (Austin & Wade) & Torreyes are stashed in Scranton until further notice.

    Pretty deep roster. Looks like several Plan Bs, Cs & Ds are possible by the trade deadline.
    Hicks
    Judge
    Stanton
    Sanchez
    Didi
    Gardner

    That needs to be our top 6 if Hicks can pull off a high obp.
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

  23. #23
    NYYF Legend

    CalYankeeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Palmdale, CA

    Re: 2018 Aaron Hicks Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    In addition to the apostrophe, I think everyone in this thread should be required to post in blue.
    agreed
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

  24. #24
    NYYF Legend

    sjb23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Jacksonville, Fl

    Re: 2018 Aaron Hicks Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePinStripes View Post
    Hicks
    Judge
    Stanton
    Sanchez
    Didi
    Gardner

    That needs to be our top 6 if Hicks can pull off a high obp.
    That's fine too. the main point is I think Hicks becomes a valuable, productive everyday player and should be at the top of the order - not buried in the middle or bottom part of the lineup.
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

  25. #25
    time of my life ... ajra21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    not as far from yankee stadium as i once was

    Re: 2018 Aaron Hicks Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    I officially request this thread get an apostrophe. Hick’s!
    His name is Aaron Hicks, so the apostrophe would go after the s.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts