+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 218
  1. #1

    Around The Rest Of The League - Game Action

    Jesus, Schwarber just butchered two balls in LF, part of a big inning for the Marlins.

  2. #2
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: Around The Rest Of The League - Game Action

    Quote Originally Posted by freebubba View Post
    Jesus, Schwarber just butchered two balls in LF, part of a big inning for the Marlins.
    He did crush a HR too. You take the good with the bad with him.

    Ian Happ hit the first pitch thrown this season for a HR.

    And Rizzo added another for good measure. The cubs are a team that will hit a ton of HRs this year me thinks.

    Oh and Urena hit 3 cubs...in the 1st inning.

    In other games Thor has 10Ks through 5.2 IP
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  3. #3

    Re: Around The Rest Of The League - Game Action

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    He did crush a HR too. You take the good with the bad with him.

    Ian Happ hit the first pitch thrown this season for a HR.

    And Rizzo added another for good measure. The cubs are a team that will hit a ton of HRs this year me thinks.

    Oh and Urena hit 3 cubs...in the 1st inning.

    In other games Thor has 10Ks through 5.2 IP
    If the Mets ever make him available and they become willing to deal with us, my message to Cash is simply: Get him!

    He'd be my #1 target when it comes to SPs.

  4. #4
    Hemi-Goodness DrNick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Sunrise, FLA

    Re: Around The Rest Of The League - Game Action

    White Sox Matt Davidson homers 3 times in opener..Tim Anderson adds 2 of his own.
    Quote Originally Posted by DEADSOX
    We won, stop bitching. Bitches.
    **This Space For Rent**

  5. #5
    Released Outright
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    India

    Re: Around The Rest Of The League - Game Action

    The Red Sox blew a 4-0 lead in the bottom of the 8th and ended up losing 6-4. Denard Span hit a 3 run triple for the Go ahead runs. The Red Sox blew a great start by Chris Sale to rub salt into their wounds.

  6. #6
    NYYF Triple Crown


    Join Date
    May 2010

    Re: Around The Rest Of The League - Game Action


  7. #7
    NYYF Legend

    Donnybaseball72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Proud Yankee fan in Red Sox Nation

    Re: Around The Rest Of The League - Game Action

    You got to hand it to Hinch. He is a WS winner and is will to try creative things. Or in this case copy what Maddon has tried.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

  8. #8
    NYYF Legend

    sjb23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Jacksonville, Fl

    Re: Around The Rest Of The League - Game Action

    Quote Originally Posted by Yanksfanintoronto View Post
    The Red Sox blew a 4-0 lead in the bottom of the 8th and ended up losing 6-4. Denard Span hit a 3 run triple for the Go ahead runs. The Red Sox blew a great start by Chris Sale to rub salt into their wounds.
    I know the same can be said about every single player, but Chris Sale (on his own) guarantees the Red Sox NOTHING. It usually takes a 25-man roster to win any single game.
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

  9. #9
    Released Outright
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    India

    Re: Around The Rest Of The League - Game Action

    Quote Originally Posted by sjb23 View Post
    I know the same can be said about every single player, but Chris Sale (on his own) guarantees the Red Sox NOTHING. It usually takes a 25-man roster to win any single game.
    Absolutely. I also don't get the logic behind not putting in Kimbrel. Apparently they wanted to bring him into a clean inning because he hasnt had much of a spring (sadly due to his daughter having open heart surgery).

    I mean do they think that 'high stress' situations, which a close inherently is as per that logic, cause damage to his arm? Why not just give the guy time off?

  10. #10
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: Around The Rest Of The League - Game Action

    Quote Originally Posted by Yanksfanintoronto View Post
    Absolutely. I also don't get the logic behind not putting in Kimbrel. Apparently they wanted to bring him into a clean inning because he hasnt had much of a spring (sadly due to his daughter having open heart surgery).

    I mean do they think that 'high stress' situations, which a close inherently is as per that logic, cause damage to his arm? Why not just give the guy time off?
    He went to his 2 top setup guys win a 4-0 lead, they just imploded.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  11. #11
    First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    We just don't know

    Re: Around The Rest Of The League - Game Action

    Gotta love it...Opening Day for Pirates @ Tigers. Game starts at 1:10 - it is now 6:20 and there is no sign of it ending anytime soon!
    Standings: Big Inning 32-16; Blue Cut 27-21; Shoo Fly 26-22; Husk 22-26; Frank Pierce 21-27; Iowa City 16-32.

  12. #12

    Re: Around The Rest Of The League - Game Action

    Our first ''play the game the right way'' moment of the season? Dropping a bunt down against the shift and having the fielding team cry about it.

    Baseball can be so crusty.

  13. #13
    NYYF Legend

    Donnybaseball72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Proud Yankee fan in Red Sox Nation

    Re: Around The Rest Of The League - Game Action

    Quote Originally Posted by b_joseph View Post
    Our first ''play the game the right way'' moment of the season? Dropping a bunt down against the shift and having the fielding team cry about it.

    Baseball can be so crusty.
    If you are going to make a post like this at least include a link or tell us what game you are referring to.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

  14. #14

    Re: Around The Rest Of The League - Game Action

    Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    If you are going to make a post like this at least include a link or tell us what game you are referring to.
    I believe it was the Twins v. Orioles yesterday. Orioles bunted in the 9th inning of a game in which they were down 7-0.

  15. #15
    NYYF Legend

    JeterForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Long Island, New York

    Re: Around The Rest Of The League - Game Action

    Quote Originally Posted by freebubba View Post
    I believe it was the Twins v. Orioles yesterday. Orioles bunted in the 9th inning of a game in which they were down 7-0.
    The Twins are complaining because their guy was throwing a 1-hitter and they were up 7-0. But if you're up big and its not a competitive game so there is no reason for the other team to bunt, then why are you in a shift? They're being hypocrites and I personally hope more and more guys start laying down bunts or dropping push bunts down the line against the increasingly ridiculous shifting going on.

  16. #16
    NYYF Legend

    ojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Canada's basement

    Re: Around The Rest Of The League - Game Action

    Quote Originally Posted by JeterForPresident View Post
    The Twins are complaining because their guy was throwing a 1-hitter and they were up 7-0. But if you're up big and its not a competitive game so there is no reason for the other team to bunt, then why are you in a shift? They're being hypocrites and I personally hope more and more guys start laying down bunts or dropping push bunts down the line against the increasingly ridiculous shifting going on.
    Thatís the $$ question that begged to get asked.
    "Be a voice, not an echo." - Albert Einstein

  17. #17
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: Around The Rest Of The League - Game Action

    Ichiro is 44. Over the weekend he did this.

    https://deadspin.com/true-hit-king-i...nif-1824243548

  18. #18
    News Breaker hairnovaaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Halifax, NS.

    Re: Around The Rest Of The League - Game Action

    Pitcher dinger alert! Miles Mikolas with a two-run shot to put the Cardinals up 4-2.

  19. #19
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I live by the Sound

    Re: Around The Rest Of The League - Game Action

    Quote Originally Posted by JeterForPresident View Post
    The Twins are complaining because their guy was throwing a 1-hitter and they were up 7-0. But if you're up big and its not a competitive game so there is no reason for the other team to bunt, then why are you in a shift? They're being hypocrites and I personally hope more and more guys start laying down bunts or dropping push bunts down the line against the increasingly ridiculous shifting going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    Thatís the $$ question that begged to get asked.
    https://twitter.com/BMcCarthy32/stat...42754292047872

  20. #20
    NYYF Legend

    ojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Canada's basement

    Re: Around The Rest Of The League - Game Action

    I'd say the same thing if there was a no hitter on the line and the team employed a shift. If they're giving you the left side of the infield, then bunt a hole through that logic.
    "Be a voice, not an echo." - Albert Einstein

  21. #21

    Re: Around The Rest Of The League - Game Action

    Quote Originally Posted by hairnovaaa View Post
    Pitcher dinger alert! Miles Mikolas with a two-run shot to put the Cardinals up 4-2.
    A no doubter!

    https://www.mlb.com/video/must-c-mik...3?tid=11493214

  22. #22

    Re: Around The Rest Of The League - Game Action

    So glad we don't have Starlin Castro, Benentendi lines one to the right side, Castro could have done to knock it down to prevent the tie breaking run from scoring in the top of the 11th...instead he stays upright and waves his glove at it

  23. #23
    NYYF Legend

    Snatch Catch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    CA

    Re: Around The Rest Of The League - Game Action

    I'm already annoyed about Boston's start this year.

    They had that historically lucky season with regards to their extra inning record last year, and now through their first 5 games this season they're 4-0 in one-run and extra inning games.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

  24. #24

    Re: Around The Rest Of The League - Game Action

    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    I'm already annoyed about Boston's start this year.

    They had that historically lucky season with regards to their extra inning record last year, and now through their first 5 games this season they're 4-0 in one-run and extra inning games.
    Just remember...so far they've played the Rays and the Marlins. No wonder their pitching has looked stellar so far.

  25. #25

    Re: Around The Rest Of The League - Game Action

    Quote Originally Posted by danman1202 View Post
    So glad we don't have Starlin Castro, Benentendi lines one to the right side, Castro could have done to knock it down to prevent the tie breaking run from scoring in the top of the 11th...instead he stays upright and waves his glove at it
    Did you see the night before where he leisurely strolled into second on a force play? If he was running hard and slid, he would have been safe by two seconds, the Marlins would have scored a run and still had an inning going.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts