+ Reply to Thread
Page 279 of 495 FirstFirst ... 179 229 269 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 289 329 379 ... LastLast
Results 6,951 to 6,975 of 12354
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ChinMusic View Post
    If we cant afford it, no one can, which means hes not getting 35-40 million. He gets 30 max, maybe less.
    I don't think he is getting the 40 million he thinks he is going to get, but I could potentially see the Dodgers blowing other teams out of the water with a ridiculous offer.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisLitt View Post
    The notion that the Stanton contact is brutal is a dumb one. He has a buyout for his age 38 season; this is a guy who keeps himself in premium shape on top of not having a contract ending in his early 40's. It's the same AAV the Sox gave to JD, ffs.
    Fair enough.

I disagree. He has an opt out in 2020 which he obviously won't use because of how back heavy his ludicrous 13 year $325m is. If he opts out he loses 7 years $208m. He is not getting that anywhere at age 30.

We agree Stanton is struggling year 1 correct?

For someone who has kept himself in great shape he has only played in 145 games or more once in 8 full seasons. He has only had 500 ABs in 3 of those 8. As he ages, as aggressive and physically big he is, it's pretty normal and logical to think those numbers will start to decline around 30 without outside help. Thus we see him at DH for half a decade making north of $30m per season. And that will be the time we need to resign Aaron Judge, Gary Sanchez, Gleyber Torress and Miguel Andujar and Luis Severino. Ect.

And don't compare Stanton to JD. JD is absolutely owning it right now and he has a 5 year contract. That was a great value signing. Even last year in Stantons great season, JD had a better OPS.
    The Continuance of Being Great, is Getting Number Twenty-Eight

Quote Originally Posted by LouisLitt View Post
    The notion that the Stanton contact is brutal is a dumb one. He has a buyout for his age 38 season; this is a guy who keeps himself in premium shape on top of not having a contract ending in his early 40's. It's the same AAV the Sox gave to JD, ffs.

4 win season at age 19
    137 wRC+ at age 20, derailed by a knee injury.
    197 wRC+/9 win season at age 22
    Also wins the MVP last year if it weren't for a fluke injury

He's a Hall of Fame level talent and probably ends up there barring some catastrophic injury. He should be their #1 target based entirely on the fact that he's a premium slugger who hits from the left side. Money shouldn't be a factor here because there isn't anything else on the pitching market worth spending the money on.
    I don't excactly disagree. I just don't know if he or anyone is really worth 35-40 million a ear. 30 maybe
    Baseball games are not won with a formula. If you can hit, they will find a place for you

Yogi Buck

-
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyBombers View Post
    Fair enough.

I disagree. He has an opt out in 2020 which he obviously won't use because of how back heavy his ludicrous 13 year $325m is. If he opts out he loses 7 years $208m. He is not getting that anywhere at age 30.

We agree Stanton is struggling year 1 correct?

For someone who has kept himself in great shape he has only played in 145 games or more once in 8 full seasons. He has only had 500 ABs in 3 of those 8. As he ages, as aggressive and physically big he is, it's pretty normal and logical to think those numbers will start to decline around 30 without outside help. Thus we see him at DH for half a decade making north of $30m per season. And that will be the time we need to resign Aaron Judge, Gary Sanchez, Gleyber Torress and Miguel Andujar and Luis Severino. Ect.

And don't compare Stanton to JD. JD is absolutely owning it right now and he has a 5 year contract. That was a great value signing. Even last year in Stantons great season, JD had a better OPS.
    You always have to expect a hitter to struggle a little when he changes leagues. Just the way it is. JD Martinez spent most of the last 7 years in AL. Just pay attention to how the Yankees struggle against guys they haven't seen prior.

And Stanton has struggled so much that his full season numbers would be if extrapolated, .240-39-90. Meh, I bet he finishes at least .270-45-110.

What is left of the contract? including this year $278m less $30 mil the Marlins are giving the Yanks? So $248 mil over 10 years? The last year of the contract is age 37, not 41 like arod. Plus you are getting more of Stanton's prime since he is 2 1/3 years younger than JD. Who is pretty much a DH only. Stanton plays good Defense.

Proof will be in the pudding, Yanks got an elite hitter for pretty much spare parts. Not like they don't have the money? What's the problem?
    [B]WARNING![/B] This post may be offensive to little girly men or women with soft feelings.

Never [B]argue with an idiot[/B]. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vanderlay View Post
    16 for 101 with runners in scoring position.

Is this for the whole season? Last month? That number seems kind of low. Katie Sharp's post on RAB says that they're 3-for-47 in their last 8 games, so 101 can't be the full season. I don't have a bbref account to check.

Yogi Buck

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    Did he say he was going to fly from city to city looking for the best deals?
    Well he is a pilot, you know.

I heard he told the Delta pilots to get the heck out the way, that he'd take that bird up immediately, if necessary.

[B]WARNING![/B] This post may be offensive to little girly men or women with soft feelings.

Never [B]argue with an idiot[/B]. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Yogi Buck

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBombers View Post
    Which is why I continue to say Stanton was a bad trade no matter how good it looked on paper. The length on that contract is absolutely brutal.

There is no way we can lock up another big time FA with crazy money and years.
    Over dramatic much?

In 2010, they had
    Arod 33
    CC 24
    Jeter 23
    Tex 21
    AJ burn 17

CC 25
    tex 23
    Tanaka 22
    arod 21
    Ellsbury 21

This is the frickin New York Yankees with a current payroll of $166 mil. Last time they had payroll that low was 2003. You are not talking about a major payroll increase from the young guys for another 3-5 years. Severino, Judge, Torres, Andujar, Sanchez, Bird (if he lasts that long).

Hal could add 3 huge contracts and not sweat if he wanted to.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by trapper700 View Post
    Is this for the whole season? Last month? That number seems kind of low. Katie Sharp's post on RAB says that they're 3-for-47 in their last 8 games, so 101 can't be the full season. I don't have a bbref account to check.

Looks like they're 139 for 531 (0.262) on the season, which isn't nearly as bad. They just have to get out of whatever funk they're in right now with RISP hitting

Quote Originally Posted by budstinks View Post
    Well he is a pilot, you know.

I heard he told the Delta pilots to get the heck out the way, that he'd take that bird up immediately, if necessary.

Wonder why we never hear from Hank anymore ?
    What we can appreciate now is that the Yankees from 1996-2003 were even more extraordinary than we thought.

NYYF Legend

Once again we miss the Rays bullpen game and face their ace Snell tonight.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jnewmark View Post
    I heard they keep him locked up in the basement. He makes for an excellent security system.
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jnewmark View Post
    I heard his ass is in the jackpot
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Once again we miss the Rays bullpen game and face their ace Snell tonight.
    Stanton's going to add HR No. 16 tonight.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Phinstripes View Post
    Maybe tomorrow when Eovaldi pitches for the Rays.

Tonight's lineup against the lefty Snell:

1. Hicks - CF
    2. Judge - RF
    3. Stanton - LF
    4. Sanchez - C
    5. Torres - 2B
    6. Andujar - 3B
    7. Austin - DH
    8. Torreyes - SS
    9. Walker - 1B

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by hairnovaaa View Post

1. Hicks - CF
    2. Judge - RF
    3. Stanton - LF
    4. Sanchez - C
    5. Torres - 2B
    6. Andujar - 3B
    7. Austin - DH
    8. Torreyes - SS
    9. Walker - 1B
    We are doomed! Sanchez back at cleanup and Austin again. Can some one tell Boone that Didi can hit LHP.

We are doomed! Sanchez back at cleanup and Austin again. Can some one tell Boone that Didi can hit LHP.
    Man, you love living in that negative vibe.
    To all, life is too short, enjoy the baseball season even those that hate me.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by hairnovaaa View Post

1. Hicks - CF
    2. Judge - RF
    3. Stanton - LF
    4. Sanchez - C
    5. Torres - 2B
    6. Andujar - 3B
    7. Austin - DH
    8. Torreyes - SS
    9. Walker - 1B
    We are doomed! Sanchez back at cleanup and Austin again. Can some one tell Boone that Didi can hit LHP. Bird had two hits including a HR last night. So naturally he sits. Snell is a tough lefty but would rather see Bird at DH over Austin who has hit nobody the last few weeks.

Left-Handed Catcher

Even against the southpaw, Id refrain from putting Stanton and Sanchez back to back.

Maybe Torres to the 2 hole, Judge to cleanup and Sanchez 7th going forward?

NYYF Legend

i'm sure he'll have an amazing game because i'm about the complain but UGHHHHHH AUSTIN.

Quote Originally Posted by smckdwn989 View Post
    i'm sure he'll have an amazing game because i'm about the complain but UGHHHHHH AUSTIN.
    If every time I complained about players they had awesome games we'd go 150-12 each year and win 2 out of 3 world series every played.. I wish it were that easy!!
    I used to think I was crazy... Now I am sure of it..

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    Even against the southpaw, Id refrain from putting Stanton and Sanchez back to back.

Maybe Torres to the 2 hole, Judge to cleanup and Sanchez 7th going forward?
    Yeah I definitely want Judge getting less at bats. Come on.

NYYF Cy Young

We are doomed! Sanchez back at cleanup and Austin again. Can some one tell Boone that Didi can hit LHP. Bird had two hits including a HR last night. So naturally he sits. Snell is a tough lefty but would rather see Bird at DH over Austin who has hit nobody the last few weeks.
    Bird's day off (last 5 days) but surprised Austin isn't at 1st and Bird DH. Will be interesting to see how Walker does against Snell. It would be nice to see Walker hit against LHP.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by bucky View Post
    Bird's day off (last 5 days) but surprised Austin isn't at 1st and Bird DH. Will be interesting to see how Walker does against Snell. It would be nice to see Walker hit against LHP.
    Yankees were off last Thursday and Monday. Bird did not play Saturday. How many days off does he need? And he Can't be the DH tonight?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Phinstripes View Post
    At this rate, Gleyber will have 16 before he does.

Thread Information