+ Reply to Thread
Page 278 of 590 FirstFirst ... 178 228 268 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 288 328 378 ... LastLast
Results 6,926 to 6,950 of 14738
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vanderlay View Post
    16 for 101 with runners in scoring position. Approach with runners in scoring position leaves alot to be desired. Biggest disappointment for me tonight was Romine's AB with Bird on second and nobody out in the seventh. Pulls a ground ball to SS with no advance, poor approach terrible fundamental baseball.
    Oof. At least I know my eyes aren't leading me astray on this one.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

NYYF Legend

16 for 101 with runners in scoring position. Approach with runners in scoring position leaves alot to be desired. Biggest disappointment for me tonight was Romine's AB with Bird on second and nobody out in the seventh. Pulls a ground ball to SS with no advance, poor approach terrible fundamental baseball.
    16-101? Thought it was worse than that. I wonder how many of those hits were non home run hits?

Quote Originally Posted by JLJ81 View Post
    That's not entirely true with Altuve. They are paying him 21 million in bonus money between this season and next. It is essentially a 7 year deal for 163.5 with an average annual salary of 23.4 million. The Astros locked up the reigning MVP and hit leader for the same annual salary as Jason Heyward and only a million more per season than Tanaka and Elsbury.......

I'm not saying Harper is a bad player. I just don't think he is worth the 350 or 400 million that has been rumored to be the price for him.
    not sure any player is under the new rules.

It’s too much of a team game.
    Baseball games are not won with a formula. If you can hit, they will find a place for you

NYYF Legend

Get used to disappointing Romine at bats. A couple of weeks ago some people here wanted him DHing lol over-under on when they'll want him off the team: 22.5 days.

Quote Originally Posted by LIYanks View Post
    Base running is not this team's strength. That's was a pretty stupid play on Didi's part who is known for his speed.
    Speaking of base running not being a strength, the Nats tried to give us the game last night, and Sonny Gray just didnt want it. He is an awful YS pitcher.
    The Continuance of Being Great, is Getting Number Twenty-Eight

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNewman View Post
    Get used to disappointing Romine at bats. A couple of weeks ago some people here wanted him DHing lol over-under on when they'll want him off the team: 22.5 days.
    HE also got robbed of a hit again yesterday. Romine is playing much better than Gary, behind the plate and at the dish. Its not even really close.

Found this on Twitter

@emichael888
    Some stats to back up my argument that Hicks has taken a huge step backward this year:
    UZR/150: 12.9 (17) vs 5.3 (18)
    RngR: 6.5 (17) vs 0.0 (18)
    DRS: 15 (17) vs -1!!! (18)
    UZR: 7.0 (17) vs 1.1 (18)
    *For the cumulative stats, he has a little more than half the innings

NYYF Legend

Angry Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by OdiN9 View Post
    Found this on Twitter

@emichael888
    Some stats to back up my argument that Hicks has taken a huge step backward this year:
    UZR/150: 12.9 (17) vs 5.3 (18)
    RngR: 6.5 (17) vs 0.0 (18)
    DRS: 15 (17) vs -1!!! (18)
    UZR: 7.0 (17) vs 1.1 (18)
    *For the cumulative stats, he has a little more than half the innings
    So basically Hicks back to the way he has always hit other than the first two months of last season.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    So basically Hicks back to the way he has always hit other than the first two months of last season.
    hmm, those are defensive metrics, has nothing to do with his hitting...

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by smckdwn989 View Post
    hmm, those are defensive metrics, has nothing to do with his hitting...
    Sorry. I am old school and sometimes do not recognize all these new stats.

Hal says starting pitcher a need. : http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...rting-pitching
    What we can appreciate now is that the Yankees from 1996-2003 were even more extraordinary than we thought.

Word of the Year is Complicit ojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jnewmark View Post
    Hal says starting pitcher a need. : http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...rting-pitching
    Did he say he was going to fly from city to city looking for the best deals?
    This is not America...No! https://youtu.be/neLXqbR_r0E

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fightingirish595 View Post
    not sure any player is under the new rules.

It’s too much of a team game.
    This is where I'm at with Harper. I like the player but combined with Stanton's salary, they would be committing almost a third of their payroll to two players. That doesn't leave a lot of flexibility to fill out a 25 man roster, especially once our homegrown guys start becoming arbitration eligible.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    This is where I'm at with Harper. I like the player but combined with Harper's salary, they would be committing almost a third of their payroll to two players. That doesn't leave a lot of flexibility to fill out a 25 man roster, especially once our homegrown guys start becoming arbitration eligible.
    Which is why I continue to say Stanton was a bad trade no matter how good it looked on paper. The length on that contract is absolutely brutal.

There is no way we can lock up another big time FA with crazy money and years.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBombers View Post
    Which is why I continue to say Stanton was a bad trade no matter how good it looked on paper. The length on that contract is absolutely brutal.

Yeah I actually meant to say "combined with Stanton's salary" which I think you understood. Just corrected my post.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

NYYF Legend

I rather have Stanton at 22M than Harper at 30M. People want to think that Harper is at Trout level but so far he's at Stanton level with a bigger injury risk.

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
    I rather have Stanton at 22M than Harper at 30M. People want to think that Harper is at Trout level but so far he's at Stanton level with a bigger injury risk.
    Agreed.

Go grab a DH next year.

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNewman View Post
    At a mimimum ne needs to advance the runner in that situation. Pulling a ground ball to shorth was selfish and poor fundamental baseball. The objective should be to win games, not pad stats.

Starting to think that Hicks needs to sit, Gardner plays CF, and Drury becomes our DH and plays corner OF to give Stanton DH days still.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee01 View Post
    Starting to think that Hicks needs to sit, Gardner plays CF, and Drury becomes our DH and plays corner OF to give Stanton DH days still.
    I think Drury is at Scranton until July 2nd. Yankees get an extra year of service time if Drury stays down there.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    I think Drury is at Scranton until July 2nd. Yankees get an extra year of service time if Drury stays down there.
    Is that the date? I thought it was posted elsewhere on these boards that the date was July 12th?

Could be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBombers View Post

This is where I'm at with Harper. I like the player but combined with Stanton's salary, they would be committing almost a third of their payroll to two players. That doesn't leave a lot of flexibility to fill out a 25 man roster, especially once our homegrown guys start becoming arbitration eligible.
    Quote Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
    For whatever reason, Harper has not been able to put it all together yet. Some guys don't until the age of 26 or 27.

Shelling out that kind of money means you hope you get 2015 production. You can give harp 30-40 million and trade Stanton to LA... But what happens if Severino keeps dominating year after year. What if he wants 30 plus.

It really depends if staying under the tax is going to be a yearly thing for them or if they just want to reset every x amount of years.

If staying under it is an every year thing, giving one guy 30 million or more makes that really tough.
    Baseball games are not won with a formula. If you can hit, they will find a place for you

The notion that the Stanton contact is brutal is a dumb one. He has a buyout for his age 38 season; this is a guy who keeps himself in premium shape on top of not having a contract ending in his early 40's. It's the same AAV the Sox gave to JD, ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by fightingirish595 View Post
    For whatever reason, Harper has not been able to put it all together yet. Some guys don't until the age of 26 or 27.
    4 win season at age 19
    137 wRC+ at age 20, derailed by a knee injury.
    197 wRC+/9 win season at age 22
    Also wins the MVP last year if it weren't for a fluke injury

He's a Hall of Fame level talent and probably ends up there barring some catastrophic injury. He should be their #1 target based entirely on the fact that he's a premium slugger who hits from the left side. Money shouldn't be a factor here because there isn't anything else on the pitching market worth spending the money on.

Calls a tool a tool

If we cant afford it, no one can, which means hes not getting 35-40 million. He gets 30 max, maybe less.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee01 View Post
    Starting to think that Hicks needs to sit
    The guy can't hit for power for whatever reason but he has a 128 wRC+ over his last 92PA.

Thread Information