+ Reply to Thread
Page 212 of 291 FirstFirst ... 112 162 202 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 222 262 ... LastLast
Results 5,276 to 5,300 of 7272
    NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Carsten Charles View Post
    There's not even a slight chance of Walker getting DFA'd.
    Which is why I chose to option Toe.

I do suspect that Walker could be traded down the line.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by smckdwn989 View Post
    The same thing could have been said about Didi, but look what he turned into.
    The Yankees never optioned Didi to halt his service time. That was done by his previous teams.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Steve View Post
    He just went 3 for 5 in his last game Sunday vs. KC. What do you want the guy to do?
    I guess they want him to walk more lol.

He is a 22 year old kid learning with a special bat. And his exaggerated poor defense at 3B was exactly that.

Everyone wants to get on Andujar about his 3B play, well want about up the road a bit where Devers was crowned already but leads all 3B in errors? CORRECTION: Leads all of MLB for any position with 11 errors, 3 more than the next guy.

Andujar will be fine. His bat is special. His fielding is plus. He will learn to be more patient.
    The Continuance of Being Great, is Getting Number Twenty-Eight

Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar

I'm far from a hitting coach, but it seems like being more selective at the plate is one of the more teachable/trainable things for a 22 year old.
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

@BryanHoch: #Yankees lineup at #Rangers: Hicks cf Judge rf Stanton lf Sanchez c Gregorius ss Austin dh Andujar 3b Walker 1b Torres 2b German p
    You’re inviting the world to bite your arse when you stick your head in the sand.’- Choss
    Thetripleplay.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by spanky185 View Post
    @BryanHoch: #Yankees lineup at #Rangers: Hicks cf Judge rf Stanton lf Sanchez c Gregorius ss Austin dh Andujar 3b Walker 1b Torres 2b German p
    Didi 5th now huh.... See how that plays out. He made some good contact last night though, but I imagine Gary not getting many strikes thrown his way.

Big test vs Hamels tonight. Bats normally go quiet in these types of matchups.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBombers View Post
    I guess they want him to walk more lol.

He is a 22 year old kid learning with a special bat. And his exaggerated poor defense at 3B was exactly that.

Everyone wants to get on Andujar about his 3B play, well want about up the road a bit where Devers was crowned already but leads all 3B in errors? CORRECTION: Leads all of MLB for any position with 11 errors, 3 more than the next guy.

Andujar will be fine. His bat is special. His fielding is plus. He will learn to be more patient.
    I for one have been spoiled by Judge, Torres, and Sanchez, and need to realize 99% of prospects who succeed first go through alot of struggles and inconsistency. Torres, Judge, and Sanchez (hitting wise) are exceptions to the rule. Yankees appear to have a strong enough lineup where they have the luxury of letting Andujar develop at the ML level. Cashman smartly acquired Walker in the event Andujar struggles and/or during the stretch run (playoffs) where Andujar might be overwhelmed.

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

Standings: Big Inning 32-16; Blue Cut 27-21; Shoo Fly 26-22; Husk 22-26; Frank Pierce 21-27; Iowa City 16-32.

good lineup tonight
    Standings: Big Inning 32-16; Blue Cut 27-21; Shoo Fly 26-22; Husk 22-26; Frank Pierce 21-27; Iowa City 16-32.

Quote Originally Posted by hardrain View Post
    good lineup tonight
    ??????? You realized what you just did there...

Quote Originally Posted by neyugnt View Post
    ??????? You realized what you just did there...

Is my sin agreeing with Boone or jinxing them?

Quote Originally Posted by poneil2321 View Post
    I for one have been spoiled by Judge, Torres, and Sanchez, and need to realize 99% of prospects who succeed first go through alot of struggles and inconsistency. Torres, Judge, and Sanchez (hitting wise) are exceptions to the rule. Yankees appear to have a strong enough lineup where they have the luxury of letting Andujar develop at the ML level. Cashman smartly acquired Walker in the event Andujar struggles and/or during the stretch run (playoffs) where Andujar might be overwhelmed.
    Heck, even Judge struggled big time when he came up in 2016.

Is my sin agreeing with Boone or jinxing them?
    Jinxing. If there aren't at least 10 posts disagreeing with the lineup and/or order, we're going to have a tough time scoring runs tonight

Quote Originally Posted by poneil2321 View Post
    Judge certainly struggled at first. Remember he was hitting like .170 with 25 of his 50 PAs ending in a K? He was impatient and fishing every at bat. He has gotten a lot better, but still guesses quite a bit which is why he watches fastballs right down the middle ring him up when he was looking for a breaker.

Sanchez took off day 1, but still goes through bad struggles at the dish at times.

Now Torres, so far he looks great, but pitchers will find a hole at some point. Its up to him to adjust.

I mean, Andujar is hitting like .285 right now. Isnt like he is not hitting well.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by spanky185 View Post
    An absolutely extraordinary lineup. Boonie has done it again 45 got 45.

The Yankees are perfect. No discussion necessary.

Yay Yankees!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Equally as calm as ClownPickle ~(+/- 1)

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    An absolutely extraordinary lineup. Boonie has done it again 45 got 45.

The Yankees are perfect. No discussion necessary.

Yay Yankees!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is a GENIUS for putting Judge, Stanton, Torres and Sanchez in the same game!!!!!!

Marc Carig

Verified account

@MarcCarig
    Follow Follow @MarcCarig
    More
    Greg Bird could be back Saturday or Sunday.

NYYF Legend

He is a GENIUS for putting Judge, Stanton, Torres and Sanchez in the same game!!!!!!
    The forum is so much better when everyone agrees and the rainbows are out and there is no discussion or learning about other people's points of view that may differ from your own.

Gee I like rainbows and fluffy clouds.
    Equally as calm as ClownPickle ~(+/- 1)

Quote Originally Posted by OdiN9 View Post
    Marc Carig

Verified account

@MarcCarig
    Follow Follow @MarcCarig
    More
    Greg Bird could be back Saturday or Sunday.
    Gardner
    Judge
    Stanton
    Sanchez
    Didi
    Hicks
    Bird
    Andujar
    Torres

I just...

NYYF Legend

Nice to see Gardner sitting against the lefty.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Nice lineup tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by SatchelPaigeYankee View Post
    so much complaining about the lineup before the game. then they win 10-1 and the complaining shifts back to roster composition. the team literally has the best record in baseball, but you wouldnt know it on this forum
    I'd hate to read the Mets boards!
    " You can't think and hit at the same time. "
    - Yogi Berra

@eboland11
    Following Following @eboland11
    More
    Bird's return doesn't mean no more time for Austin, Boone said. "Tyler’s put himself in a very good position. He’s having a lot of success, having a big hand in us winning games. I definitely see a role, potentially, for both of them.”

When Bird comes back, they can have Austin as DH vs lefties while Gardner sits.
    Let's Go Yankees!

Quote Originally Posted by OdiN9 View Post
    @eboland11
    Following Following @eboland11
    More
    Bird's return doesn't mean no more time for Austin, Boone said. "Tyler’s put himself in a very good position. He’s having a lot of success, having a big hand in us winning games. I definitely see a role, potentially, for both of them.”

Maybe Toe is going to go then, and that's why they wanted to take a look at Walker at 3B back-up

Thread Information