+ Reply to Thread
Page 114 of 114 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 111 112 113 114
Results 2,826 to 2,832 of 2832
    NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by primetime714 View Post
    Small sample size. All three of Austinís homers off of RHP are against the same pitcher.

Neil Walker signed late, heís switched leagues, heís switched positions, he hasnít played everyday. Give it some time. Even if we donít need him when everyone is healthy heíll have value in a trade when he starts to hit.
    You keep saying "when Walker starts to hit." My concern is IF he starts to hit. My fear is that his signing late will result in him struggling to hit the entire year, aka Stephen Drew Syndrome.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

Quote Originally Posted by s3antana5757 View Post
    I've always failed to see why Machado was ever a need. Especially now with Andujar, Torres, and Drury. Add in Wade, and we're pretty set in the infield.

I've always and continue to feel that Harper is a better value and a bigger need.
    Harper has the perfect attitude too
    Baseball games are not won with a formula. If you can hit, they will find a place for you

Quote Originally Posted by fightingirish595 View Post
    Harper has the perfect attitude too
    Compared to Machado, sure.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    Compared to Machado, sure.
    I love harpers firey attitude
    Baseball games are not won with a formula. If you can hit, they will find a place for you

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeyankeefan View Post
    You keep saying "when Walker starts to hit." My concern is IF he starts to hit. My fear is that his signing late will result in him struggling to hit the entire year, aka Stephen Drew Syndrome.
    Ok, but Stephen Drew never hit after that because he was done. The layoff may have contributed but no reason to think Walker is potentially done given his track record and age. Heís also a better and more consistent hitter than Drew ever was.

And Iím not saying we give Walker the season but letís give him at least a few more weeks or so especially with Bird out and Austin suspended soon. Walkerís a good player and at some point this year I think weíre going to be thankful we have him. I could be wrong but the calls to DFA him are shortsighted if nothing else especially with guys that could be sent down (Torreyes is not going to play much and has options, extra pitchers).

Walker has great numbers off Lynn, let's hope facing him gets him going.
    Let's Go Yankees!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Pakimobzta View Post
    Walker has great numbers off Lynn, let's hope facing him gets him going.
    Interesting. This will be the "let's see who was harmed more by no spring training" matchup.

Thread Information