+ Reply to Thread
Page 74 of 590 FirstFirst ... 24 64 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 84 124 174 574 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 14738
  1. #1826
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Nothing like steamy and muggy Baltimore in August with a bunch of rainfall around.
    Had seats in the mezz. at old Memorial Stadium. Only place where you never could get rained on there.

  2. #1827
    NYYF Legend

    -tz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    NYC

    Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by LIYanks View Post
    The only thing I remember from the 70's was that fateful October Monday in Fenway when I got permission from my parents to skip class and stayed home to watch Bucky Dent broke RSN's collective heart with that one lucky swing.

    I wonder if we are going to have another Bucky Dent moment this year.
    Keep your eye on Toe.

  3. #1828

    Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by OdiN9 View Post
    Why People panicking? It's middle of April and Yankees are 6 games back in AL EAST. Media pointed out,
    you could see on in your eyes .Redsox pitching so good, they have number 1 era in baseball.
    Season is over. I forgot that the season ended in April.

    Pack it up everyone, we can look forward to March of 2019.

  4. #1829

    Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

    According to Boone, Drury will be at Yankee Stadium and take batting practice on Monday.“He is doing pretty good and I think we will see him at the park [Monday] taking batting practice and doing those kind of things,’’ the manager said. Thats Good News

  5. #1830

    Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by OdiN9 View Post
    According to Boone, Drury will be at Yankee Stadium and take batting practice on Monday.“He is doing pretty good and I think we will see him at the park [Monday] taking batting practice and doing those kind of things,’’ the manager said. Thats Good News
    Indeed. I'm hoping to have Torres up next week playing at 2nd, with Walker/Austin platooning at first.

    Gardy
    Judge
    Stanton
    Didi
    Sanchez
    Hicks
    Drury
    Walker
    Torres

    With Bird due back sometime in May. Just gotta get the pitching sorted out and it will be a fuuuuun Summer.

  6. #1831
    I.P. Standing Krall's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    In the middle of New York

    Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Back in 1979 Yankees were rained out of a Saturday and Sunday game at Baltimore. I know because I was there.
    Mike are you a life long season ticket holder?

    We need a forum Hall of Fame for you

  7. #1832
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Krall View Post
    Mike are you a life long season ticket holder?

    We need a forum Hall of Fame for you

    Did not need a season ticket until 2006. But have been going to most of the home games since 1970 and all of them since June 2002. I actually know someone who has had season tickets since 1974 but he only goes to about half the games.

  8. #1833
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I live by the Sound

    Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    August 11th and 12th. We played one inning on August 11th. And both games were never made up. Yankees played 160 games that season.
    Could not have been a very festive atmosphere anyway as Thurman Munson had died just over a week before.

  9. #1834
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNewman View Post
    Could not have been a very festive atmosphere anyway as Thurman Munson had died just over a week before.
    Since the games were in Baltimore it was festive there. The season was not happy after Thurman's death but still went to the games.

  10. #1835

    Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

    Jace Peterson choice free agency after clearing waivers. So long Jace, we hardly knew ya.

  11. #1836
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Jace Peterson choice free agency after clearing waivers. So long Jace, we hardly knew ya.
    I think we will all be able to sleep tonight dispite the loss of Peterson.

  12. #1837
    2009 WORLD CHAMPIONS aeromac76's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Huntington, NY

    Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yanks12009 View Post
    Indeed. I'm hoping to have Torres up next week playing at 2nd, with Walker/Austin platooning at first.

    Gardy
    Judge
    Stanton
    Didi
    Sanchez
    Hicks
    Drury
    Walker
    Torres

    With Bird due back sometime in May. Just gotta get the pitching sorted out and it will be a fuuuuun Summer.

    It will be more fun if we were actually in striking distance of the AL East before that fun summer actually starts..
    I used to think I was crazy... Now I am sure of it..

  13. #1838

    Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

    Yankees grooming Gleyber Torres for 3rd base? Call-up this week possible
    Updated 7:30 AM; Posted 6:15 AM
    http://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf/..._base_call-.ht

  14. #1839
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by OdiN9 View Post
    Yankees grooming Gleyber Torres for 3rd base? Call-up this week possible
    Updated 7:30 AM; Posted 6:15 AM
    http://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf/..._base_call-.ht

    So they bring Torres up, put him at third and send down Andujar who has started to hit and keep Wade who has not hit at all at second base?

  15. #1840
    NYYF Legend

    Nome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Branchburg, NJ 08876

    Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    So they bring Torres up, put him at third and send down Andujar who has started to hit and keep Wade who has not hit at all at second base?
    Don't jump to conclusions. Be patient and see what happens. The Yankee brass are far more astute than most give them credit for (excepting Randy Lavine, of course)


    Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

  16. #1841
    NYYF Triple Crown


    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dunstable, MA

    Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by LIYanks View Post
    Not only do you go way back but you also got photographic memory.

    The only thing I remember from the 70's was that fateful October Monday in Fenway when I got permission from my parents to skip class and stayed home to watch Bucky Dent broke RSN's collective heart with that one lucky swing.

    I wonder if we are going to have another Bucky Dent moment this year.
    Ymikes is one of my favorites and has a photographic memory.

    I stayed home from work that day. I think the playoff rules changed for tie breakers so I doubt if we will ever have another Bucky Dent moment. I still can't believe it to this day. Thanks for the post.

  17. #1842
    NYYF Triple Crown


    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dunstable, MA

    Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yanks12009 View Post
    Indeed. I'm hoping to have Torres up next week playing at 2nd, with Walker/Austin platooning at first.

    Gardy
    Judge
    Stanton
    Didi
    Sanchez
    Hicks
    Drury
    Walker
    Torres

    With Bird due back sometime in May. Just gotta get the pitching sorted out and it will be a fuuuuun Summer.
    I think I have seen Walker at 1B platooning a lot but Walker is not hitting. The plan was Austin LHP and Walker RHP. Why do you want to continue this when it hurts the team? Austin is doing fine. I would rather see Mike Ford there than Walker.

  18. #1843
    2009 WORLD CHAMPIONS aeromac76's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Huntington, NY

    Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bucky View Post
    Ymikes is one of my favorites and has a photographic memory.

    I stayed home from work that day. I think the playoff rules changed for tie breakers so I doubt if we will ever have another Bucky Dent moment. I still can't believe it to this day. Thanks for the post.
    I believe the new rules are similar to the old rules under certain conditions..

    For instance, I don't believe playoffs are played if there is just a seeding issue.. For instance, if two wild card teams are tied, but even with a playoff the loser would still be in, I don't think they'll play an extra game just to determine home field for the wild card play in game. Tiebreakers would be applied instead.
    Similarly, I don't believe a division championship playoff game would be played if the loser is going to be a wild card team..

    I think the only time they play an extra game is to determine a team going to the playoffs versus going home. Seedings alone are determined by tiebreakers..
    I used to think I was crazy... Now I am sure of it..

  19. #1844
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bucky View Post
    Ymikes is one of my favorites and has a photographic memory.

    I stayed home from work that day. I think the playoff rules changed for tie breakers so I doubt if we will ever have another Bucky Dent moment. I still can't believe it to this day. Thanks for the post.
    Actual with 2 WCs now it is very possible. Back in 2005 Yankees and Sox finished tied but Yankees were declared the first place team and Sox the WC based on the Yankees winning the season series from Boston. If they finished tied this season there would be a one game playoff just like back in 1978. Because now the WC team plays in the one game WC Playoff. Only difference would be home field for the playoff would not be deteremined by a coin flip.

  20. #1845
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by aeromac76 View Post
    I believe the new rules are similar to the old rules under certain conditions..

    For instance, I don't believe playoffs are played if there is just a seeding issue.. For instance, if two wild card teams are tied, but even with a playoff the loser would still be in, I don't think they'll play an extra game just to determine home field for the wild card play in game. Tiebreakers would be applied instead.
    Similarly, I don't believe a division championship playoff game would be played if the loser is going to be a wild card team..

    I think the only time they play an extra game is to determine a team going to the playoffs versus going home. Seedings alone are determined by tiebreakers..
    Not true. That was the rule when only one WC team that played in a regular series in the first round. Now that the WC teams play each other in a one game playoff if two teams finish tied for the Division they will play a playoff game to decide who the first place team is.

  21. #1846
    NYYF Triple Crown


    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dunstable, MA

    Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by aeromac76 View Post
    I believe the new rules are similar to the old rules under certain conditions..

    For instance, I don't believe playoffs are played if there is just a seeding issue.. For instance, if two wild card teams are tied, but even with a playoff the loser would still be in, I don't think they'll play an extra game just to determine home field for the wild card play in game. Tiebreakers would be applied instead.
    Similarly, I don't believe a division championship playoff game would be played if the loser is going to be a wild card team..

    I think the only time they play an extra game is to determine a team going to the playoffs versus going home. Seedings alone are determined by tiebreakers..
    Thanks both posts for clarifications. I would love to see another playoff game - winner that's all at the end of the season. It was so special especially Bucky because I felt most pitchers could hit hit further. I think the irony was Zim (Gerby back then from Lee) was the BoSox coach. Greatest win in my lifetime.

  22. #1847
    NYYF Triple Crown


    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dunstable, MA

    Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

    Just want to add but not to beat a dead horse. But 8th inning against Baltimore, game tied, wild pitch and JD slide into home, spikes first - the pitcher did NOT get in the way.

    Maybe there was differences but I looked at the video.

    I still feel our 3rd base coach should have said something but Didi made the slide.

    (not going to say anymore but it was a L)

  23. #1848
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bucky View Post
    Just want to add but not to beat a dead horse. But 8th inning against Baltimore, game tied, wild pitch and JD slide into home, spikes first - the pitcher did NOT get in the way.

    Maybe there was differences but I looked at the video.

    I still feel our 3rd base coach should have said something but Didi made the slide.

    (not going to say anymore but it was a L)

    Not the same pitcher so it could have been different in the Yankees game.

  24. #1849

    Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/15/s...s-marlins.html

    When Stanton arrived back in New York on April 1 after the Yankees’ first series of the season, in Toronto, the furniture he had ordered for the apartment he is leasing with Mets pitcher A.J. Ramos had not yet arrived and there were still repairs and upgrades that needed to be done.

    Thoughts Stanton having to share with AJ Ramos as his roommates?

  25. #1850

    Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by OdiN9 View Post
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/15/s...s-marlins.html

    When Stanton arrived back in New York on April 1 after the Yankees’ first series of the season, in Toronto, the furniture he had ordered for the apartment he is leasing with Mets pitcher A.J. Ramos had not yet arrived and there were still repairs and upgrades that needed to be done.

    Thoughts Stanton having to share with AJ Ramos as his roommates?
    Not this week but in general one will be home while the other is away. They both obviously have plenty of money to afford NY rents but since they're both single I guess they don't mind having a roommate.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts