+ Reply to Thread
Page 189 of 590 FirstFirst ... 89 139 179 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 199 239 289 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,725 of 14738

Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by hardrain View Post
    They will have to get both games in tomorrow despite Boone's objections.
    There's a really good chance rain all day tomorrow as well. I could see them sneaking in the last bit of Game 1 early in the afternoon. May have to start around 11.

One of the problems with interleague play, short little series and only one visit to a park. Makes it tough to make up postponed games..
    I used to think I was crazy... Now I am sure of it..

They will have to get both games in tomorrow despite Boone's objections.
    It's not a Boone objection as much as it is the CBA. They have no hotel rooms and they can't stay at any hotel. It's in the agreement that teams stay at four-star hotels only and that they stay together as a team. Evidently, there are no such hotels available for the Yankees in the DC area when it comes to the amount of rooms they need for the entire team. Whenever they reschedule games to scheduled off days, the PA is involve in those negotiations. If I'm a betting man, I would bet on August 23rd as the makeup date as the Yankees will be traveling from Miami, whom they play on the 22nd and have a schedule off day on the 23rd just before playing Baltimore on the 24th, in Baltimore.

Edit: They use four-star hotels, but they usually stay at five-star hotels.

I just looked at the hourly forecast for the DC area. They might be able to finish yesterday's game and perhaps start the 2nd game. It's hard to to tell with those scattered thunder storms. In about 3-4 hours we should have a much better idea.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    It's not a Boone objection as much as it is the CBA. They have no hotel rooms and they can't stay at any hotel. It's in the agreement that teams stay at four-star hotels only and that they stay together as a team. Evidently, there are no such hotels available for the Yankees in the DC area when it comes to the amount of rooms they need for the entire team. Whenever they reschedule games to scheduled off days, the PA is involve in those negotiations. If I'm a betting man, I would bet on August 23rd as the makeup date as the Yankees will be traveling from Miami, whom they play on the 22nd and have a schedule off day on the 23rd just before playing Baltimore on the 24th, in Baltimore.
    Someone help me out here. Why is it so hard to get a 4 star hotel in metro DC?
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    It's the block of rooms necessary for an entire team. You might be talking about 40-50+ rooms including staff. Also, it's not just four-star hotels as the preference is for five-star hotels.

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post

Edit: They use four-star hotels, but they usually stay at five-star hotels.
    and to think players used to sleep two to one bed, both stinking to high hell in an unconditioned room.
    Standings: Big Inning 32-16; Blue Cut 27-21; Shoo Fly 26-22; Husk 22-26; Frank Pierce 21-27; Iowa City 16-32.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post

For some 40+ rooms, all in the same building, on a moments notice? I would put the odds of that being available at less than 2%, especially in an area like DC.

and to think players used to sleep two to one bed, both stinking to high hell in an unconditioned room.
    I pulled up the CBA and though it doesn't specifically state 4 or 5 star hotels, I've heard it enough from players and baseball media people on TV and sports radio shows that teams don't stay at anything below a 4 star hotel and evidently, there is a specific list of hotels that has to be sent to the PA and each team's player representative. Here is one excerpt of the CBA:

(b) Hotel Accommodations. Each Club shall give written
    notice to the team’s Player Representative and the Association,
    prior to December 1 of each year, of the hotels, including hotels
    in the Club’s home city and Spring Training hotels, that the Club
    intends to utilize during the next succeeding season. Beginning in
    2018, all hotels utilized by the Club while on the road shall have
    meals available (in-room or otherwise) until at least 1:00 A.M.;
    provided, however, that each Club’s Player Representative may
    waive this requirement.

Each Player traveling with his Club on the road shall have single
    rooms in the Club’s hotels on all road trips during the Club’s
    Spring Training, championship season and post-season. Nothing
    24 herein shall prohibit the Clubs from making or continuing agreements
    with individual Players that provide more favorable
    arrangements for such Players.
    http://www.mlbplayers.com/pdf9/5450407.pdf

I don't stay in anything below a 4 start either, wouldn't expect the professional athletes to. They most likely stay in 5 star though.

When Does Bird comes off DL? Austin will be sent down when he comes back? Will Andujar plays first against Lefties when Bird comes back and Austin sent down to minors?

Quote Originally Posted by ncyankeeefan View Post
    I don't stay in anything below a 4 start either, wouldn't expect the professional athletes to. They most likely stay in 5 star though.
    There is probably a list of 5 star hotels that MLB has a good deal with in every MLB city.

God forbid they stay in a 3 star hotel, while men their same age are sleeping in sand waiting to be ambushed

Any news on if we playing tonight as yet?
    I used to think I was crazy... Now I am sure of it..

Erik Boland

Verified account

@eboland11
    Following Following @eboland11
    More
    Forecast for first pitch of the suspended game today, um, does not look promising

suspended game and tonight games will be rainout .

Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by poneil2321 View Post
    God forbid they stay in a 3 star hotel, while men their same age are sleeping in sand waiting to be ambushed
    What does one have to do with the other?

I don't make anywhere near what they make and I don't like staying in crappy hotels either. Moreover, 5 star hotels have experience dealing with celebrities, privacy, security, etc. They aren't going to house the New York Yankees in a Holiday Inn Express.
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinStripes View Post
    What does one have to do with the other?

I don't make anywhere near what they make and I don't like staying in crappy hotels either. Moreover, 5 star hotels have experience dealing with celebrities, privacy, security, etc. They aren't going to house the New York Yankees in a Holiday Inn Express.
    There’s also the fact that some of the contracts stipulate accommodations on the road. I believe CC gets a suite everywhere they go. So add breach of contract on top of all the other concerns.

I'll be shocked if they get any playing in tonight.

Bryan Hoch:
    Giovanny Gallegos will be the 26th man if the Yankees can play a second game today.

NYYF Legend

Chad Green should be opening this game today.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Chad Green should be opening this game today.
    If you are talking the continuation of yesterday's game, I agree. And try to get 2 out of him.

i would also consider starting a pen arm for the 2nd game, especially if it looks like it might be a delay near the beginning of the game, although the off day tomorrow makes that necessity a mute issue.

sounds like my college dorm room
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Tarp still on. Still raining. Forecast calls for rain the rest of the day. And night. And tomorrow. And Friday. Anyone have an ark?
    “Stay angry, little Meg,” Mrs Whatsit whispered. “You will need all your anger now.”

NYYF Legend

I'd have CC pitch when they start up yesterday's game conclusion.
    Do not fear, all we want to do is talk.

Only words, and then your thoughts.

Meredith Marakovits

Verified account

@M_Marakovits
    Following Following @M_Marakovits
    More
    Game postponed. Makeup June 18th 5:05 #yankees #nationals

Thread Information