+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 375 FirstFirst ... 28 68 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 88 128 178 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 9360

Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Obviously he never watched My Three Sons.
    Obviously I have. I know William Frawley played Bub on that show.
    Hence the joke....
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

Sanchez shaking his hand? get mri after game.

NYYF Legend

Miami's Caleb Smith became the 13th pitcher since 1908 to allow at least 5 hits, at least 5, at least 5 earned runs, and have at least 3 strikeouts in 2 1/3 or fewer innings. 9 of the 13 times were done by starters.

The Yankees became the 12th team since 1908 to have at least 12 runs, at least 15 hits, at least 3 home runs, and at least 8 walks while allowing 0 runs or exactly 1 unearned run without any earned runs. The previous time it happened was when Cleveland beat the Yankees 22-0 on August 31, 2004. It was the first time since at least 1908 (probably ever) that the Yankees did that.

Quote Originally Posted by OdiN9 View Post
    Sanchez shaking his hand? get mri after game.
    Swung it pretty good yesterday even after that stinger. The bases loaded single to drive in 2 later in the game was an absolute missile. If he hits the ball that hard when his hand is hurt, then I hope his hand is hurt a lot..
    I used to think I was crazy... Now I am sure of it..

Great game yesterday. Nice to see the bats come alive and some dominant pitching by Severino. Bullpen still was very shaky even if they only yielded 1 run (unearned at that). Stanton still looks off as he as the only starter not to get a hit. And this was the Marlins who are probably the worst team in baseball this season.

That said, great game to watch. Gary looks to be put of his mini slump. Didi is still the most underrated Yankee, maybe just ahead of Torreyes.

Need to take game 2 tonight.

Go Yanks
    The Continuance of Being Great, is Getting Number Twenty-Eight

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

I would have preferred CC against Jeter's AA team and Tanaka against the Jays -- but there must be a reason. In any event, I am approaching this as a must-win April game tonight.
    Standings: Big Inning 32-16; Blue Cut 27-21; Shoo Fly 26-22; Husk 22-26; Frank Pierce 21-27; Iowa City 16-32.

Quote Originally Posted by hardrain View Post
    I would have preferred CC against Jeter's AA team and Tanaka against the Jays -- but there must be a reason. In any event, I am approaching this as a must-win April game tonight.
    I totally agree, this is a must win. I know many people will turn up their eyebrows at that, but the reason we have spotted the Sox 5 games already is they are absolutely cashing in all of their "gimmes" aside from the opening day meltdown. We have not... We are 3-5 against Toronto and Baltimore. That's just unacceptable. The worst is being 1-3 against the Orioles with all the games in our building, and 2 of them extra inning affairs, one of them coming on the heels of blowing a 5 run lead.
    Boston has had the easier schedule, but they have absolutely taken care of business..
    Turn that 1-3 home series against the Os into 3-1, and have the Sox actually lose one or two gimmes, and we are looking at being right there.. The difference is they have taken care of business, and we have not..

Tonight is a game you HAVE to put in the win column. Yesterday was perfect, a game against these guys should be like a bye, and yesterday was..
    I used to think I was crazy... Now I am sure of it..

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by aeromac76 View Post
    I totally agree, this is a must win. I know many people will turn up their eyebrows at that, but the reason we have spotted the Sox 5 games already is they are absolutely cashing in all of their "gimmes" aside from the opening day meltdown. We have not... We are 3-5 against Toronto and Baltimore. That's just unacceptable. The worst is being 1-3 against the Orioles with all the games in our building, and 2 of them extra inning affairs, one of them coming on the heels of blowing a 5 run lead.
    Boston has had the easier schedule, but they have absolutely taken care of business..
    Turn that 1-3 home series against the Os into 3-1, and have the Sox actually lose one or two gimmes, and we are looking at being right there.. The difference is they have taken care of business, and we have not..

Tonight is a game you HAVE to put in the win column. Yesterday was perfect, a game against these guys should be like a bye, and yesterday was..
    Sweet Panic Attack.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by aeromac76 View Post
    I know many people will turn up their eyebrows at that
    As long as they don't raise their noses, we're good.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyyankou View Post
    When do they just cut him? He is counting against the 40 right now right? If Clint Frazier / Billy McKinnry gets healthy ever, would we consider it?
    The Continuance of Being Great, is Getting Number Twenty-Eight

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBombers View Post
    When do they just cut him? He is counting against the 40 right now right? If Clint Frazier / Billy McKinnry gets healthy ever, would we consider it?
    He's not getting cut. Maybe put on the 60 day DL. Hal is not John Henry who is OK burying contracts on the most expensive AAA roster in MLB history.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

Our pitching needs to come alive. Our bullpen was supposed to be dominant but hasn't. Hopefully it evens out and they start shutting things down more consistently.

Dellin Betances is just a curious case, this dude was so dominant in 2014-2015 but since has just fallen off and is so inconsistent. But the dude still produces 100+ SO each year in the pen, when hes right hes dominant but when hes off hes a mess. With him, based on his history he has had bad months then comes out on tears and dominates. So I think he'll even it out cause his stuff is nasty.

Hopefully Tommy Kahnle can turn it around too, he has nasty stuff too just seems to lost his control early on.
    DRob just had that one bad pitch.

Starting pitching needs to be better too.

Quote Originally Posted by TBL4716 View Post
    Our pitching needs to come alive. Our bullpen was supposed to be dominant but hasn't. Hopefully it evens out and they start shutting things down more consistently.

Dellin Betances is just a curious case, this dude was so dominant in 2014-2015 but since has just fallen off and is so inconsistent. But the dude still produces 100+ SO each year in the pen, when hes right hes dominant but when hes off hes a mess. With him, based on his history he has had bad months then comes out on tears and dominates. So I think he'll even it out cause his stuff is nasty.

Hopefully Tommy Kahnle can turn it around too, he has nasty stuff too just seems to lost his control early on.
    DRob just had that one bad pitch.

Starting pitching needs to be better too.

IMO their pitchers, especially the relievers with power arms do not use their fastball enough. I don't know if this has anything to do with Sabermetrics but I heard Cashman state in an interview they want their pitchers to throw more curves. The problem with that philosophy is pitchers will lose the ability to command the fastball if they don't use it.

The National League East team have to be licking their chops at having 19 games scheduled against the Marlins who I believe might struggle to win 50 games.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vanderlay View Post
    The National League East team have to be licking their chops at having 19 games scheduled against the Marlins who I believe might struggle to win 50 games.
    I was thinking that too, but then realized that TB is probably just as bad.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    I was thinking that too, but then realized that TB is probably just as bad.
    Tampa, Florida, Cincy are all dreadful right now
    Detroit, ChiSox, KC are all pretty bad too but they get to play each other a lot which will suppress losses some.
    Baltimore is not very good either, despite their success against NYY earlier this year.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Pavano'ing

This is awesome. I think I love Ellsbury now.
    Not wanting to play but still earn a paycheck and playoff share? Yeah, sounds about right
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

So Barstool Redsox writer Jared Carrabis wrote about Didi ops is higher on the stadium on road and he has avg exit velocity. Why He's obsessed much towards Yankees and keep mentioning on his twitter post.

"Lot of Yankee fans super excited about Didi Gregorious leading the league in OPS to start the year. Hes hitting .444 with a 1.726 OPS at Yankee Stadium and .222 with a .702 OPS on the road. Also, out of 192 players, hes 159th in average exit velocity"

Looking ahead, after tonights game the Yanks have the Bluejays for 4, followed by the Twins for 4 games. All of these games are in the Bronx. This really should be a block of games where they right the ship in the bullpen and get a nice win streak going. If this team is really as good as most people think, they should not do worse than 6-2 over this stretch.
    " You can't think and hit at the same time. "
    - Yogi Berra

Apparently Cessa is getting called back up, so someone has to be headed to the DL.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by hairnovaaa View Post
    Apparently Cessa is getting called back up, so someone has to be headed to the DL.
    Please not Sev.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Tonight's lineup against lefty Jarlin Garcia:

1. Gardner - LF
    2. Judge - RF
    3. Stanton - DH
    4. Gregorius - SS
    5. Sanchez - C
    6. Hicks - CF
    7. Walker - 2B
    8. Austin - 1B
    9. Andujar - 3B

Quote Originally Posted by OdiN9 View Post
    So Barstool Redsox writer Jared Carrabis wrote about Didi ops is higher on the stadium on road and he has avg exit velocity. Why He's obsessed much towards Yankees and keep mentioning on his twitter post.

"Lot of Yankee fans super excited about Didi Gregorious leading the league in OPS to start the year. Hes hitting .444 with a 1.726 OPS at Yankee Stadium and .222 with a .702 OPS on the road. Also, out of 192 players, hes 159th in average exit velocity"
    I don't know why you feel compelled to continually post anything random you find on Twitter, but Didi had much better numbers on the road than at home last year. Home/road splits 15 games into the season are pretty ridiculous to even look at, let alone write about.

NYYF Legend

Still no word on who is going on the DL. I would assume it's one of our relief pitchers since Cessa was recalled. Shreve or Warren? Edit: just read that Cessa was informed last night so this must be a planned move. Peterson DFA?
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Greg Bird says he thinks he should be close to full baseball activities by next week.

Thread Information