+ Reply to Thread
Page 192 of 214 FirstFirst ... 92 142 182 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 202 ... LastLast
Results 4,776 to 4,800 of 5342
    Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar

Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    Yanks are now the favorites to win the WS according to Vegas.
    I seriously question that given that our starting rotation of reliable pitchers I give us a quality start is one name.
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinStripes View Post
    I seriously question that given that our starting rotation of reliable pitchers I give us a quality start is one name.
    The powers that be in Vegas know that as well. Having the biggest brand in the sport carrying the best record 1/4 of the way through is an easy draw to millions of casual bettors.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    There is a Minor League forum, where most people post news about prospects. Unless they're rehabbing Major League guys!

There's a post about Chance down there:
    Thanks I didn't know this. I started following it more with all the injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vanderlay View Post
    I would like to see Greg Bird have a sustained stretch of good ABs in the minors before they bring him up. I'm very happy with a platoon of Austin and Walker at first until Bird proves he's healthy and having good ABs. I know that I'm in a very small minority but I believe Bird has not done enough to not have to earn his spot.
    I don't know what more Greg Bird has to do to be appreciated by some people, besides stay healthy. Came up in 2015 and was great. His overall numbers last year aren't good, but he was trying to play through an injury which ruined them. When he came back he was great. He was also great in the playoffs. A healthy Greg Bird is far and away our best option at 1B and could even wind up being the cleanup hitter.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    The powers that be in Vegas know that as well. Having the biggest brand in the sport carrying the best record 1/4 of the way through is an easy draw to millions of casual bettors.
    Yeah, Vegas sports books are all happily taking the other side of that bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Carsten Charles View Post
    I don't know what more Greg Bird has to do to be appreciated by some people, besides stay healthy. Came up in 2015 and was great. His overall numbers last year aren't good, but he was trying to play through an injury which ruined them. When he came back he was great. He was also great in the playoffs. A healthy Greg Bird is far and away our best option at 1B and could even wind up being the cleanup hitter.

Never said anything about appreciation or lack thereof. Simply stated I want him to prove he's healthy and having quality ABs in Scranton before he's recalled. I'm content with an Austin/Walker platoon until Bird proves he's ready to contribute, and IMO he should have to prove it.

NYYF Legend

I miss Yankees baseball.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by CalYankeeFan View Post
    I miss Yankees baseball.
    It's been a long off-season. How much longer until they start playing games again?

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

I wonder why they aren't playing at least the suspended game today.

Quote Originally Posted by Nj201yanks View Post
    My wish for 2019

Don't resign

CC
    Robertson
    Walker
    Gardner

Sign in free agency

Andrew Miller 3 yrs 38 million, he loved it here, good chance he comes back

Patrick Corbin 4 yrs 80 Million, still young and wants to be a Yankee

2019 Roster

1st Greg Bird
    2nd Gleyber Torres
    SS Didi Gregorious
    3rd Miguel Andujar
    LF Clint Frazier
    CF Aaron Hicks
    RF Aaron Judge
    DH Giancarlo Stanton

Brandon Drury
    Ronald Torreyes
    Tyler Austin
    Austin Romine
    ( Both Drury and Austin can play OF )

Luis Severino
    Masahiro Tanaka
    Patrick Corbin
    Sonny Gray
    Jordan Montgomery

Demingo German
    Cody Carroll
    Chasen Shreve
    Tommy Kahnle
    Dellin Betances
    Chad Green
    Andrew Miller
    Aroldis Chapman
    As muuch as I hate to see it, I agree with not resigning Gardner. More sentimental than anything really, he got called up when I was in high school so I've grown up with him in the lineup, but Frazier is the future.

I'd be in for signing Miller, but not at 10 mil a year, he's 32 and is on the DL because of elbow issues this year.

Not sure why people are in love with Corbin, he's really only had one good year and his velo is declining this year.

2019 Roster

1st Greg Bird
    2nd Gleyber Torres
    SS Didi Gregorious
    3rd Miguel Andujar
    LF Clint Frazier
    CF Aaron Hicks
    RF Aaron Judge
    DH Giancarlo Stanton
    C Gary Sanchez

Brandon Drury
    Ronald Torreyes
    Tyler Austin
    Austin Romine

I'm not on the corbin train so this would be my rotation.

Luis Severino
    Masahiro Tanaka
    Justus Sheffield
    Sonny Gray
    Jordan Montgomery

Demingo German
    Cody Carroll
    Tommy Kahnle
    Dellin Betances
    Chad Green
    Andrew Miller
    Aroldis Chapman
    Last edited by TexasYank23; 05-17-18 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Thought Tanaka's option was at the end of this year instead of it being at the end of last year.

Quote Originally Posted by poneil2321 View Post
    It's immoral that sports figures make obscene money while a large portion of the world is in dire poverty. I'm guilty because I follow this stuff and pay money for tickets.

Here's a radical thought........suck it up one night and stay in a Holiday Inn Express and the savings (accrued by the owners for not having to pay for a 5 star hotel that night) be sent to starving kids in Africa.

Why aren't they at least playing the suspended game today?

Not too worried about Bird. My concern is when will the analytic gurus finally figure out that Hicks is what his record says he isand stop promoting him as a true MLer

NYYF Legend

Agree. With Bird it's all about health.

Unfortunately he hasn't been the most healthy dude and is being compared to Nick Johnson and other glass players over the years.

I really hope this procedure clears up what ever was wrong and this doesn't become a chronic thing. Seems odd that he would have nearly the exact same "injury" two years in a row on different ankles.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasYank23 View Post
    As muuch as I hate to see it, I agree with not resigning Gardner. More sentimental than anything really, he got called up when I was in high school so I've grown up with him in the lineup, but Frazier is the future.

I'd be in for signing miller, but not at 10 mil a year, he's 32 and is on the DL because of elbow issues this year.

Not sure why people are in love with Corbin, he's really only had one good year and his velo is declining this year.

2019 Roster

1st Greg Bird
    2nd Gleyber Torres
    SS Didi Gregorious
    3rd Miguel Andujar
    LF Clint Frazier
    CF Aaron Hicks
    RF Aaron Judge
    DH Giancarlo Stanton
    C Gary Sanchez

Brandon Drury
    Ronald Torreyes
    Tyler Austin
    Austin Romine

Unless Tanaka is will to take number 3 or 4 starter money, I'm letting him walk. Has not been the same since the elbow. I'm not on the corbin train so this would be my rotation.

Luis Severino
    Masahiro Tanaka (if the money is right) Demingo German is Tanaka walks.
    Justus Sheffield
    Sonny Gray
    Jordan Montgomery

Demingo German if Tanaka stays, TBD if tanaka is gone.
    Cody Carroll
    Tommy Kahnle
    Dellin Betances
    Chad Green
    Andrew Miller
    Aroldis Chapman
    Tanaka has 2 years left after this one. If you think it's possible that the Yankees go into 2019 with a rotation including Gray, Montgomery, Sheffield, and German, I don't know what to tell you.

NYYF Legend

Tanaka has 2 years left after this one. If you think it's possible that the Yankees go into 2019 with a rotation including Gray, Montgomery, Sheffield, and German, I don't know what to tell you.
    Yeah, that one about Tanaka came out of the blue. Not sure where he got that from.

Anyway, At this time, unless they can trade for a front of the rotation starter, I can see the rotation next year being the same as this year, with Sheffield replacing CC. I do not see the Yankees trading for a mid-rotation type.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinStripes View Post
    Why aren't they at least playing the suspended game today?
    Last I heard, the Yankees were unable to secure acceptable hotel rooms in DC to stay the extra day.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

Quote Originally Posted by mbn007 View Post
    Yeah, that one about Tanaka came out of the blue. Not sure where he got that from.

Anyway, At this time, unless they can trade for a front of the rotation starter, I can see the rotation next year being the same as this year, with Sheffield replacing CC. I do not see the Yankees trading for a mid-rotation type.
    Hm - Thought he had a player option at the end of this year?

Quote Originally Posted by TexasYank23 View Post
    Hm - Thought he had a player option at the end of this year?
    Tanaka's player option was this recent offseason where he opted in. He's signed through the 2020-2021 season.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/t...ontracts.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by mbn007 View Post

They have to do something with these prospects. we only need so many second basemen.

Anyone know the last time the Yankees didnt play for 4 straight days in the regular season, not including the Allstar break? Was it 9-11?

Man, Im hungry for baseballs. Red Sox trying to get fat off bad teams again while we are rained out.
    The Continuance of Being Great, is Getting Number Twenty-Eight

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBombers View Post
    Anyone know the last time the Yankees didnt play for 4 straight days in the regular season, not including the Allstar break? Was it 9-11?

Man, Im hungry for baseballs. Red Sox trying to get fat off bad teams again while we are rained out.
    I guess the possible silver lining is that Baltimore can hit s little and Price hasnít been great.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    Last I heard, the Yankees were unable to secure acceptable hotel rooms in DC to stay the extra day.
    In DC, all it takes is one big convention and you have to go to Richmond or Baltimore to find a hotel with vacancies. May is peak tourist time in DC, with tons of senior trips, etc. Graduations are starting.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by neyugnt View Post
    Tanaka's player option was this recent offseason where he opted in. He's signed through the 2020-2021 season.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/t...ontracts.shtml
    Thru 2020 (3 seasons including this one), baseball seasons obviously are fully within a calendar year. He's a FA as of November 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    In DC, all it takes is one big convention and you have to go to Richmond or Baltimore to find a hotel with vacancies. May is peak tourist time in DC, with tons of senior trips, etc. Graduations are starting.
    Ha, ha, so much for not having a 4 or 5 star available Wednesday night. Wow, I thought this only happens to common folks like us getting stuck in an airport for the entire night. Time for a PA grievance, but God doesn't care about grievances.

https://www.newsday.com/sports/baseb...ort-1.18591599
    God, I love Yankee fans as they're never satisfied!

Thread Information