+ Reply to Thread
Page 566 of 566 FirstFirst ... 66 466 516 556 563 564 565 566
Results 14,126 to 14,138 of 14138

Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

Yeah, I'm not worried about Judge at all. He's scorching everything he hits. The results will come.
    /sarcasm
    KayNOTForPresident

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    I still think that game will be played at Oakland. The A's have a far easier schedule the rest of the way. Not complaining about that. Yankees losing to Jays, Twins and the Tigers put us in this position.
    I don't see that happening unless we go into a total meltdown and lose 3 of 4 in Tampa.

If:
    We lose tonight, lose one against the Os, lose 3 in Tampa and Two in Boston, that's playing bad and adds up to 7 losses. (4-7)
    If:
    The As win tonight, take two from the Twins, take 2 from Seattle and 2 from the Angels, that's playing very good and adds up to 3 losses. (7-3)

That's how the A's get in. Seems like a longshot, especially with Judge back and looking comfortable at the plate, Britton looking sharp and Chapman ready to go, not to mention 3 starters all pitching well.
    Let the kids play.

Happ, Tanaka & Sevy trending in the right direction. I BELIEVE!

I still think that game will be played at Oakland. The A's have a far easier schedule the rest of the way. Not complaining about that. Yankees losing to Jays, Twins and the Tigers put us in this position.
    But the As have lost their Ace. Their final schedule suddenly became harde. I can only see them clearly favored in the pitching matchups in only 6 of those final 10 games. The way the Yankees have been pitching, I can only see their opponents clearly favored in 2 of their final 11 games.

Meanwhile the As have a 2 1/2 game deficit and a Yankee tie breaker to overcome. Id much rather be in the Yankees shoes going down the stretch right now.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Marsh View Post
    But the A’s have lost their Ace. Their final schedule suddenly became harde. I can only see them clearly favored in the pitching matchups in only 6 of those final 10 games. The way the Yankees have been pitching, I can only see their opponents clearly favored in 2 of their final 11 games.

Meanwhile the A’s have a 2 1/2 game deficit and a Yankee tie breaker to overcome. I’d much rather be in the Yankees shoes going down the stretch right now.
    A's have not had their ace for weeks. Only lost Monday because umpires blew an interference call. Will probably win today and then sweep the Twins. I hope Seattle can beat them two games. Then they play Angels again. Yankees have to sweep the Orioles who have given us trouble all year. We have been historically bad at the Trop where since June Rays have been unbeatable against all teams. Boston won't care next weekend but Fenway never an easy place to play at. Like I posted before losing to the Tigers, Twins and Jays is going to cost us big time.

After these two wins vs Boston I am feeling much better about our chances of hosting the WC game. September baseball is funny.
    /sarcasm
    KayNOTForPresident

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    I don't see that happening unless we go into a total meltdown and lose 3 of 4 in Tampa.

If:
    We lose tonight, lose one against the Os, lose 3 in Tampa and Two in Boston, that's playing bad and adds up to 7 losses. (4-7)
    If:
    The As win tonight, take two from the Twins, take 2 from Seattle and 2 from the Angels, that's playing very good and adds up to 3 losses. (7-3)

That's how the A's get in. Seems like a longshot, especially with Judge back and looking comfortable at the plate, Britton looking sharp and Chapman ready to go, not to mention 3 starters all pitching well.
    as of this morning 9/20, Magic number to clinch the homefield for wildcard for Yanks is 9.
    https://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf...ontende_1.html

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Marsh View Post
    But the As have lost their Ace. Their final schedule suddenly became harde. I can only see them clearly favored in the pitching matchups in only 6 of those final 10 games. The way the Yankees have been pitching, I can only see their opponents clearly favored in 2 of their final 11 games.

Meanwhile the As have a 2 1/2 game deficit and a Yankee tie breaker to overcome. Id much rather be in the Yankees shoes going down the stretch right now.
    Fiers got injured?

The A's have been losing pitchers all year (I think the count is over 10!) and it's starting to tax their bullpen.

They have Mike Fiers and ???? You're looking at Edwin Jackson, Brett Anderson?, is Trevor Cahill back or still injured?, Chris Basset maybe is he healthy these days.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Thumbs up Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

A's have not had their ace for weeks.
    Manaea Missed his first start on August 29. The As lost that day. The As have been 11-8 since the. Not the pace they need to catch the Yankees.

[QUOTE] Only lost Monday because umpires blew an interference call. Will probably win today and then sweep the Twins.

Check the matchups. Not likely at all.

QUOTE]I hope Seattle can beat them two games. Then they play Angels again. Yankees have to sweep the Orioles who have given us trouble all year.
    Some trouble. The Yankees are 10-6 against the Os and swept a 4 game series last time they met. The Os are inept and. Got lucky in a couple of extra inning games earlier in the season. Chances are things will revert to the norm and the Yankees will feast on them in The Stadium.

We have been historically bad at the Trop where since June Rays have been unbeatable against all teams.
    37-13 since June, so not exactly unbeatable.

Boston won't care next weekend but Fenway never an easy place to play at. Like I posted before losing to the Tigers, Twins and Jays is going to cost us big time.
    Are you secretly an As fan? They have lost 4 of their last 6 and their Ace is done for the season but you like their chances? Tanaka and Happ have been pitching great. Severino is rounding into form, but you see impending disaster around every corner for this team? Go, As!

NYYF Legend

ymike often sees gloom and doom.

Oakland is a good team and their lineup is really, really deep and they have a damn solid back of the pen (though it seems to be stretched to its limits right now), because they've had a TON of SP injuries.

They can be scary in the WC game especially with Fiers pitching well then handing the ball off to Trivino, Famila, Treinen.

With the past few days looks like the WC game will in fact be at Yankee Stadium and not O.co.
    Baseball is life;

What's their magic number to clinch a WC spot?

Boston won't care next weekend but Fenway never an easy place to play at....
    Who do you think the Sox would rather play in the first round, the Yankees or the A's? Depending on the answer, they might care enough to try to keep the Yankees from playing the wild card game at home by fielding a tough lineup in that last series.
    Let the kids play.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by shadyridr View Post
    What's their magic number to clinch a WC spot?
    I believe with 11 left to play it is ...

2 to eliminate Seattle
    4 to clinch over Tampa
    9 to clinch HF over Oakland.
    Baseball is life;

Thread Information