+ Reply to Thread
Page 218 of 218 FirstFirst ... 118 168 208 215 216 217 218
Results 5,426 to 5,437 of 5437

Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by billybojangles View Post
    I would love to see Bumgarner. Just think that the Giants are going to want a big overpay. Seems to me Cash won't get held up and robbed by San Fran. Hamels has to be a more realistic trade.
    Have to overpay for mad bum. If heís available you have to get him if thereís no one else of that caliber available. What is the point of having a good farm system if you canít pull the trigger for a starting pitcher
    Baseball games are not won with a formula. If you can hit, they will find a place for you

Quote Originally Posted by jeterrules View Post
    The problem is trading for a guy in the offseason is way different then at the trade deadline. Cash messed up ny not giving a little more for Cole but that is in the past. The Yankees are not getting BumG because SF will not be sellers i doubt and a guy like that at the trade deadline would be extreme overpay.

Hamels even is going to be a overpay. Yes he is not that good but when teams are desperate they have no choice or stand pat.

Cash should have made some kind of move this offseason as CC everyone kinda knew would not last the season so they might be forced to go with someone on a hunch or someone from below. But the idea that BG is going to beable to get is wishful thinking.

Look what we got at the trade deadline for a rental closer and another semi closer. And you think trades are going to be easy?

You are right, they are not going to be easy, no doubt about that. The only saving grace is that those deals we made were for a guy staring at free agency and another on a crazy team friendly deal. In other words, no bad contracts.. We may have to absorb a bad contract for a pitcher or as part of the deal to reduce the personnel pain going the other way..

But regardless, you are right, any impact starting pitcher is going to weaken the armor a bit with those we send back. Good news is we have a really heavy and good suit of armor here so we can afford to lessen it..
    I used to think I was crazy... Now I am sure of it..

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Quote Originally Posted by fightingirish595 View Post
    Have to overpay for mad bum. If heís available you have to get him if thereís no one else of that caliber available. What is the point of having a good farm system if you canít pull the trigger for a starting pitcher
    Presuming you are making the 25-man roster off limits, I agree with you about using the farm system - we are now facing the issue of having TOO MANY good prospects with nowhere to play them at the ML level, so let's use the asset.

I don't even think you need to look to the future and keep certain assets such as Frazier - right now, the ML lineup appears set for a few years. Yes, we are likely to lose Gardner after this season, but we see Stanton playing more games in LF than was expected, so even LF is covered for next season.

We need starting pitching depth - as much as I would like to argue the issue (I am a contrarian, after all), other than Severino, we are just too inconsistent. The SP was great on the run, but other than that they have been nothing memorable.

I would like to keep Sheffield, as I think he can be a solid middle of the rotation starter, but pretty much everyone else in the minors should be available in the quest for a MadBum.

Of course, I don't believe he will be made available.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

NYYF Legend

Lind release. Kratz traded to Brewers for PTBNL.

Don't get Lind release. Seems like he's a perfect guy to have in the minors if Bird gets injured.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Lind release. Kratz traded to Brewers for PTBNL.

Don't get Lind release. Seems like he's a perfect guy to have in the minors if Bird gets injured.
    Maybe they like what they see in Walker and plan to give him the job if Bird goes down.
    Let the kids play.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    Maybe they like what they see in Walker and plan to give him the job if Bird goes down.
    Agreed......
    Speak softly but carry a big stick.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    What use is Walker in the meantime? He's essentially a dead roster spot until an infielder gets injured.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeyankeefan View Post
    Presuming you are making the 25-man roster off limits, I agree with you about using the farm system - we are now facing the issue of having TOO MANY good prospects with nowhere to play them at the ML level, so let's use the asset.

I don't even think you need to look to the future and keep certain assets such as Frazier - right now, the ML lineup appears set for a few years. Yes, we are likely to lose Gardner after this season, but we see Stanton playing more games in LF than was expected, so even LF is covered for next season.

We need starting pitching depth - as much as I would like to argue the issue (I am a contrarian, after all), other than Severino, we are just too inconsistent. The SP was great on the run, but other than that they have been nothing memorable.

I would like to keep Sheffield, as I think he can be a solid middle of the rotation starter, but pretty much everyone else in the minors should be available in the quest for a MadBum.

Of course, I don't believe he will be made available.
    Yeah 25 man off limits. Iíd be willing to include basically whatever 3 players a team wants, including Clint as much as I like him if Iím getting a top 10 pitcher back. Hopefully one becomes available
    Baseball games are not won with a formula. If you can hit, they will find a place for you

NYYF Legend

Rumor has it Austin being sent down for Bird.

Again, don't get this. What purpose does Walker serve on this roster as constructed?
    Calmer than you are

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Rumor has it Austin being sent down for Bird.

Again, don't get this. What purpose does Walker serve on this roster as constructed?
    He really should be the 3B against righties for the rest of the year.

vs. RHP: Gardner, Judge, Stanton, Bird, Sanchez, Didi, Torres, Walker, Hicks

vs. LHP: Torres, Judge, Stanton, Sanchez, Bird, Austin, Didi, Hicks, Drury

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Carsten Charles View Post
    He really should be the 3B against righties for the rest of the year.

vs. RHP: Gardner, Judge, Stanton, Bird, Sanchez, Didi, Torres, Walker, Hicks

vs. LHP: Torres, Judge, Stanton, Sanchez, Bird, Austin, Didi, Hicks, Drury
    I guess you have Andujar going to Scranton?

I think Neil Walker is a great fit for this team and gives Boone even more versatility & some proven veteran presence.
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Quote Originally Posted by sjb23 View Post
    I guess you have Andujar going to Scranton?

I think Neil Walker is a great fit for this team and gives Boone even more versatility & some proven veteran presence.
    Yeah. He needs to learn to take some pitches or he's never going to last. I don't want a sub .300 OBP guy in this lineup costing our big guys at bats because he doesn't want to take a ball in the dirt. He honestly has one of the worst approaches I've ever seen at the plate. I think an OBP of about .340 is fair to assume from Walker for the rest of the year, especially if he is barely getting any at bats against lefties.

Thread Information