+ Reply to Thread
Page 563 of 563 FirstFirst ... 63 463 513 553 560 561 562 563
Results 14,051 to 14,075 of 14075

Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeyankeefan View Post
    Why do I feel that, regardless of the lineup posted, someone on this forum would be unhappy?
    Your never going to make everyone happy. Just the nature of the game.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by KayForPresident View Post
    That said, I do agree that making Didi the regular #3 hitter (if such a thing exists in the Boone era) doesn't seem like a good plan. But slotting him there when he's hot against a pitcher that he has good numbers against isn't a bad move. Sometimes you play the hot hand (isn't that something we've been talking about here a lot?) Otherwise, maybe they should just sort the list of hitters by OBP in descending order and use that as the everyday lineup.
    That's a good idea. You don't use SSS (12 ABs) to make lineup decisions.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Walker over Voit at 1B tonight. Judge batting second.

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Walker over Voit at 1B tonight. Judge batting second.
    Going with a lefty bat here, which also means Walker over Bird.
    Let the kids play.

What about Chapman?

He pitched in a simulated game today too. Any chance he's activated this week?
    "Owning the Yankees is like owning the Mona Lisa." -- George M. Steinbrenner III

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Battingly View Post
    What about Chapman?

He pitched in a simulated game today too. Any chance he's activated this week?
    It is possible.

when the going gets tough ... JSG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    It is possible.
    https://www.sny.tv/yankees/news/yank...pman/295101656

Quote Originally Posted by Bauer View Post
    Does this all not show that the Yankees, a very good team indeed, just weren't the equal this year of a great Red Sox team. Somehow the chemistry on that latter team was perfect this season.
    At the half way point in the season (81 games), The Yankees and Red Sox were tied for the best record in baseball. They then played without Judge, Didi, Sanchez, Torres, Tanaka, and Chapman for varying stretches.

So, they were the equal of the Red Sox for the first half of the season. My hope is that if they are whole and if they are firing on all cylinders, they will again be the equal of the Red Sox in the playoffs.

Has anyone in the history of baseball had a worse year than Gary Sanchez? I would rather watch my family be tortured than having to endure seeing this guy play. Going to find something else to do because there is zero fun in watching this team.

We need a new offensive coach. We need a new defensive coach. We need a new pitching coach. We need a lot of new coaches.
    Let the kids play.

NYYF Legend

Pretty telling that they went with Walker over Bird at 1B tonight If they’re not going to start Bird against Eovaldi then he’s probably not going to play much the rest of this season.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Wow, did this team try to throw the game away tonight.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

Yup, although pretty impressive that Britton was able to generate 3 straight tailor made double play balls including 2 straight to himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Marsh View Post
    At the half way point in the season (81 games), The Yankees and Red Sox were tied for the best record in baseball. They then played without Judge, Didi, Sanchez, Torres, Tanaka, and Chapman for varying stretches.

So, they were the equal of the Red Sox for the first half of the season. My hope is that if they are whole and if they are firing on all cylinders, they will again be the equal of the Red Sox in the playoffs.
    If we don't have anymore setbacks with injuries AND we get Chapman back, we're gonna smoke this overrated Red Sox team in the ALDS.

MARK IT DOWN, but thats provided we get by the A's in that one game playoff. That game scares me more than the overrated Red Sox, cause anything can happen in one game. But get me a piece of the Bosox in the ALDS, when we are whole again, thats all I want, and Im confident we will kick their asses.
    "Owning the Yankees is like owning the Mona Lisa." -- George M. Steinbrenner III

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    Pretty telling that they went with Walker over Bird at 1B tonight If they’re not going to start Bird against Eovaldi then he’s probably not going to play much the rest of this season.
    Yeah his Yankee career is on life support. He'll get another shot in ST but he'd better be healthy and he'd better be VERY good because i have a hunch they'll have a Plan B in place. And if by some wacky happenstance Bryce comes here to play 1B, Bird is Plan Get-rid-of.

Quote Originally Posted by primetime714 View Post
    Yup, although pretty impressive that Britton was able to generate 3 straight tailor made double play balls including 2 straight to himself.
    He's the bowling ball man, just needs to hit the strike zone.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mixwell View Post
    Has anyone in the history of baseball had a worse year than Gary Sanchez?
    Yeah. Many. Not trying to minimize his suckage but yes.

One of the guys BOS traded for Ian Kinsler on July 31 was 25 year old AAA reliever Ty Buttrey who currently looks like a dominant closer for the Angels, getting a 5 out save to preserve a 9-7 win against OAK just now. Good thing BOS doesn’t need anyone ahead of Kimbrel...

NYYF Cy Young

That was exciting.... I was so relieved with that DP but couldn't help but think (I think) last week on how we lost the game with a walk (PR, stole 2nd, pass ball to 3rd, sac fly for the win in 8th) and NO HIT. BoSox had NO HIT.

As blew a 7 run lead. 4 game lead on loss side now (we have the tie breaker).

Quote Originally Posted by Battingly View Post
    If we don't have anymore setbacks with injuries AND we get Chapman back, we're gonna smoke this overrated Red Sox team in the ALDS.

MARK IT DOWN, but thats provided we get by the A's in that one game playoff. That game scares me more than the overrated Red Sox, cause anything can happen in one game. But get me a piece of the Bosox in the ALDS, when we are whole again, thats all I want, and Im confident we will kick their asses.
    I like the confidence, but they almost beat us last night at home without even really trying and with one of our best starters on the mound. A lot of things will need to start going right come playoff time to make that happen, but I sure hope you're right.

My biggest concerns right now are Sanchez, Stanton, Severino, and the defense. We need more from them. Boone also, but if the players step up he hopefully won't be able to blow it.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ag3 View Post
    As blew a 7 run lead. 4 game lead on loss side now (we have the tie breaker).
    If Yankees had only swept the Jays they would have had a nice cushion right now. Need to increase the WC lead before those four games at the Trop next week.

NYYF Legend

Happ's last two starts should be this Sunday and than next Friday at Fenway. Which would set him up to pitch the WC game on normal rest.

NYYF Legend

Is it just me or does it feel like this team really struggles to score before the 6th inning?
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    Is it just me or does it feel like this team really struggles to score before the 6th inning?
    It feels the same way to me as I watch the games lately.

Quote Originally Posted by jon abbey View Post
    One of the guys BOS traded for Ian Kinsler on July 31 was 25 year old AAA reliever Ty Buttrey who currently looks like a dominant closer for the Angels, getting a 5 out save to preserve a 9-7 win against OAK just now. Good thing BOS doesn’t need anyone ahead of Kimbrel...

That was an interesting trade considering they already had Brandon Phillips playing really well at AAA.

Thread Information