+ Reply to Thread
Page 494 of 494 FirstFirst ... 394 444 484 491 492 493 494
Results 12,326 to 12,349 of 12349

Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

Why us all the time?
    Why can't Martinez or Betts tear a hamstring?
    Why can't Verlander blow out his UCL?
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

NYYF Legend

How was Didi able to go out and play the infield the next inning? I hope that he did not hurt it more

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
    Why us all the time?
    Why can't Martinez or Betts tear a hamstring?
    Why can't Verlander blow out his UCL?
    If we did not face Verlander we then would get Cole, Keuchel or Morton. Not much defferent.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by primetime714 View Post
    I don't know, not too strange. The whole infield was on the DL at some point last year too. Although the DL stints were shorter last year except for Bird and Castro who were both out a while. We also didn't lose Judge and had Sanchez hitting when he was healthy.
    Also Tanaka and CC on the DL too.

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    If we did not face Verlander we then would get Cole, Keuchel or Morton. Not much defferent.
    I fear Verlander more than any of the others in a post-season game.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

Quote Originally Posted by jeterrules View Post
    A little overboard much?

"He’s got a pretty bad bruise on his heel. So it’s something that we’ll kind of monitor over the next 24 hours. Could potentially be a DL thing.

That is from Boone. so were going from a maybe dl stint to season ending?
    Not at all. This could be a 4-6 week injury. That might be the year. Hope not but it's not out of the realm of possibility.
    I used to think I was crazy... Now I am sure of it..

Did they say bruised heel or bruised heel bone?
    Let the kids play.

Does bother you guys that Yankees not in Little League Classic instead freaking Mets? Mets not in contention this year. Should be Yankees vs Redsox in little league classic.

Quote Originally Posted by OdiN9 View Post
    Does bother you guys that Yankees not in Little League Classic instead freaking Mets? Mets not in contention this year. Should be Yankees vs Redsox in little league classic.
    Last year Cards and Pirates.
    This year Mets and Phils.
    Next year Cubs and Pirates.
    For some reason only picking NL teams.
    Although it’s close to Baltimore as well.

Murphy and Harper cleared waivers.
    Get one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Benefactor View Post
    Seems that way though interestingly enough, they're actually middie of the pack when it comes to injuries.

Thanks for posting this. I'd be curious though about the "lost WAR" calculations used for bubble size. How is that being calculated? For example, are they using some retrospective WAR calculation for Pedroia, even though he was really washed up coming into the season?

https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/disabled...oston-red-sox/

https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/disabled...-york-yankees/

I'd argue that if you just add up the net impact of losing Judge for 24 games and counting, Sanchez for 52 games and counting, and Montgomery for 108 games and counting that it would be more aggregate impact in terms of projected WAR than all of the Boston injuries combined this season to date.

As an aside, I knew the Montgomery injury was going to affect this team, but seeing how the season is playing out it's even more impactful than I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by ag3 View Post
    Murphy and Harper cleared waivers.
    Get one of them.
    Shame Murphy hasn't played OF in eons. He'd be a good get if Washington had a reasonable asking price. He's on a tear, rebounding from a tough start. Scorches RHP.

They should be looking into it regardless. If Didi's injury is serious they should make a push and move Torres to SS.

I reeeeaaaally hope Boston can't pry him away from Washington.

NYYF Legend

Murphy be a real nice get for us. wRC+ 141 since 7/1.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ag3 View Post
    He used the word “significant” bone bruise.
    Very concerning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benefactor View Post
    The words 'bone bruise' is more concerning. If I were Didi, I'd already be asking for a second opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by aeromac76 View Post
    Significant bone bruises are long term injuries. This could be season ending.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    This is a serious injury and shouldn't be taken lightly.
    Quote Originally Posted by neyugnt View Post
    Just curious if anyone can confirm significant “bone” bruise for Didi? I’ve only read he has a significant heel bruise which may not necessarily be the same thing (1-3 week recovery vs up to 6 week recovery).
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Boone said it was a significant "bone" bruise at his post game press conference. We should know more about the injury tomorrow or Tuesday. I suspect he's going on the DL as heel injuries are usually slow healing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    Did they say bruised heel or bruised heel bone?
    Bruised HEEL. "Pretty bad bruise on his heel." "Pretty significant bruise on his heel, there's some swelling in there." "That all [imaging tests] came back clean and fine, but there's a pretty good swelling in there."

Boone NEVER said "bone bruise," and neither did anyone else, as far as I'm aware. I've just listened, and re-listened, to the postgame presser. I have no idea where "bone bruise" came from.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    Bruised HEEL. "Pretty bad bruise on his heel." "Pretty significant bruise on his heel, there's some swelling in there." "That all [imaging tests] came back clean and fine, but there's a pretty good swelling in there."

Boone NEVER said "bone bruise," and neither did anyone else, as far as I'm aware. I've just listened, and re-listened, to the postgame presser. I have no idea where "bone bruise" came from.
    I wonder where those who insisted Boone said bone bruise heard him say bone bruise?
    Equally as calm as ClownPickle ~(+/- 1)

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    I wonder where those who insisted Boone said bone bruise heard him say bone bruise?
    Maybe on the alternate universe, or NO channel.

Quote Originally Posted by aeromac76 View Post
    Not at all. This could be a 4-6 week injury. That might be the year. Hope not but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Granted that is worse case but some people act like it is already a done deal. And BOONE NEVER SAID BONE BRUISE. HE ALSO SAID MAYBE A DL STINT THEY HAVE TO SEE THE swelling on it. People called me a troll but people are adding words to this that were never said. I never in listening to it a few times heard the word bone bruise so please show me thanks.

This is from espn and has everything that was said. Where is bone bruise?

• ESPN
    New York Yankees shortstop Didi Gregorius was taken to the hospital Sunday with what manager Aaron Boone called "a pretty bad bruise" on his left heel that could send him to the disabled list.
    Gregorius suffered the injury in the first inning of Sunday's 10-2 Yankees win, when he collided with Toronto Blue Jays first baseman Kendrys Morales while beating an infield single. He received attention from Yankees medical personnel but remained in the game and scored a run later that inning.
    "It's something that we'll kind of monitor over the next 24 hours. It could potentially be a DL thing," Boone said. "So not great there, but we'll just kind of see where we are tomorrow. Nothing broken or anything like that, but he's got a pretty significant bruise on his heel. There's some swelling in there."
    Gregorius, who is batting .270 with 22 home runs and 74 RBIs, took the field in the top of the second inning, but Ronald Torreyes replaced him at shortstop before the top of the third.
    The 28-year-old went to New York-Presbyterian Hospital for more tests.

Clap clap, clap-clap-clap ArodEra's Avatar

Valencia and his clubhouse reputation. Hmmm.

On a totally unrelated note, I heard that Cashman was prepared to bring Chad Gaudin back for the 4th (or 5th?) time until somebody reminded him that Gaudin "allegedly" groped a women on a hospital gurney.

https://deadspin.com/police-chad-gau...n-er-733976750

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    Valencia and his clubhouse reputation. Hmmm.
    I wonder if Britton was asked about Valencia - it would seem to make sense to reach out to someone who was recently in the clubhouse with him.

Given that no one else in baseball has touched him, I really think he has serious baggage that no one wants.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

If Didi is going on the DL, let's bring up both Wade and Urshela and DFA Shane at long last. I would feel way better with Urshela around as a defensive caddy for Andujar in the late innings, especially with Didi out but even after he is back.

Also I have no actual idea, but I wonder if TOR is pissed about Drury's injury and that is why the stunningly obvious move of Granderson back to the Bronx still hasn't happened, because they are demanding something ridiculous.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jon abbey View Post
    Also I have no actual idea, but I wonder if TOR is pissed about Drury's injury and that is why the stunningly obvious move of Granderson back to the Bronx still hasn't happened, because they are demanding something ridiculous.
    They can’t be too upset. They had access to his medical records/x-rays.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeyankeefan View Post
    I wonder if Britton was asked about Valencia - it would seem to make sense to reach out to someone who was recently in the clubhouse with him.

Given that no one else in baseball has touched him, I really think he has serious baggage that no one wants.
    The vast majority of MLB teams fit in two categories: those who are out of contention and wouldn't have use for a player like Valencia, or contenders who don't have a huge black hole in their starting outfield and thus wouldn't have a pressing need for Valencia. The Yankees are one of the few that fit in neither category.

He got in a clubhouse fight with Billy Butler in Kansas City a few years ago and there have been rumors of excessive partying IIRC. Interestingly, Buck Showalter gave him a couple of positive talk-ups on the way out; one was while he was still under Baltimore's control so you could argue Buck was trying to help Duquette move him, but one appears to have come after the release.

He's at league minimum so can be pretty quickly kicked to the curb if need be. Again, not sure how much a guy coming in the door can fracture a clubhouse in a few weeks.

Shane Robinson is now batting .114 with an OPS of .405.

Thread Information