+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 568 FirstFirst ... 25 65 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 85 125 175 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 14176
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Portbb View Post
    Not this week but in general one will be home while the other is away. They both obviously have plenty of money to afford NY rents but since they're both single I guess they don't mind having a roommate.
    It should be interesting the two weekends they share the apartment when the Yankees play the Mets. Especially if Stanton happens to homer off Ramos in the game.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    It should be interesting the two weekends they share the apartment when the Yankees play the Mets. Especially if Stanton happens to homer off Ramos in the game.
    They'll draw a line down the middle of the apartment and make the other stay on his side. Like in I Love Lucy and 40 other sitcoms.
    Equally as calm as ClownPickle ~(+/- 1)

NYYF Legend

He's a 28 year old in Manhattan. I know he's rich and famous, but it's fun to have roommates sometimes (until it's not, but he's clearly not there yet)

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    They'll draw a line down the middle of the apartment and make the other stay on his side. Like in I Love Lucy and 40 other sitcoms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jace View Post
    He's a 28 year old in Manhattan. I know he's rich and famous, but it's fun to have roommates sometimes (until it's not, but he's clearly not there yet)
    I’d be willing to bet their apartment is bigger than most houses. Never understood why the Ricardo’s lived in such a small place.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by CalYankeeFan View Post
    I’d be willing to bet their apartment is bigger than most houses. Never understood why the Ricardo’s lived in such a small place.
    And leave Fred and Ethel?
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    And leave Fred and Ethel?
    Fred and Ethel could have tagged along. In fairness, now that I think about it, they did eventually all move to the country together.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Ricky made a lot of money at the Tropicana Club, but Lucy pissed a lot of it away with multiple harebrained schemes.

NYYF Legend

I
    Fred and Ethel could have tagged along. In fairness, now that I think about it, they did eventually all move to the country together.
    Originally the Ricardos did not make a lot of money. When they did become more wealthy they bought a house in the suburbs and rented their guest house to Fred and Ethel. Also Fred had money. He owned the building the Ricardos had their apartment in.

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

Fred Mertz had some serious game. He was a WWI vet and he saw the great Dimaggio patrol center field for his beloved Yanks.
    Standings: Big Inning 32-16; Blue Cut 27-21; Shoo Fly 26-22; Husk 22-26; Frank Pierce 21-27; Iowa City 16-32.

Quote Originally Posted by hardrain View Post
    Fred Mertz had some serious game. He was a WWI vet and he saw the great Dimaggio patrol center field for his beloved Yanks.
    William Frawley had a provision in his contract with the show that he would get time off if the Yankees were in the world series.

Oh, and the show had jumped the shark when they moved to Westport. (not to mention Desi and Lucy's real marriage was all but over by then)
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

We really need the Yankees to start playing again.

NYYF Legend

And William Frawley (Fred) had a claus in his contract that he could take off every October to go watch the Yankees play in the World Series.

And William Frawley (Fred) had a claus in his contract that he could take off every October to go watch the Yankees play in the World Series.
    now there is a man's man. He KNEW the Yanks would be in the series
    Standings: Big Inning 32-16; Blue Cut 27-21; Shoo Fly 26-22; Husk 22-26; Frank Pierce 21-27; Iowa City 16-32.

Maybe some of you baseball history buffs can help out on this, but does anyone know the last time it didn't rain at the stadium where the Yankees were scheduled to play that day?

If we are done talking about I Love Lucy, can we move on to F Troop? (Will the Yanks ever play again?)

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

If we are done talking about I Love Lucy, can we move on to F Troop? (Will the Yanks ever play again?)
    There are smoke signals in the distance.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

I'm more an Odd Couple guy for rain delays. F Troop stunk.

F Troop did not "stink," sir, it represents the zenith of American creative expression.

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeyankeefan View Post
    There are smoke signals in the distance.
    No, it is BALLOOOOOOOOOON

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by The_Man_With_No_Plan View Post
    Maybe some of you baseball history buffs can help out on this, but does anyone know the last time it didn't rain at the stadium where the Yankees were scheduled to play that day?
    I think it was the last game Fred Mertz attended.

F Troop did not "stink," sir, it represents the zenith of American creative expression.
    It was pretty much McHale's Navy and neither was as good as Bilko or Top Cat.

So has Aaron Boone screwed up any bullpen moves yet today?

NYYF Legend

I liked the Honeymooners. But I think that was more after the game.

NYYF Legend

If Fred Mertz were alive today, the current price of a Yankee ticket would kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    If Fred Mertz were alive today, the current price of a Yankee ticket would kill him.
    He live in perpetuity on that big rerun in the sky

NYYF Legend

William Frawley had a provision in his contract with the show that he would get time off if the Yankees were in the world series.

Oh, and the show had jumped the shark when they moved to Westport. (not to mention Desi and Lucy's real marriage was all but over by then)
    After Lucy kicked Ricky out, the Mertz' also broke up. Fred changed his name to a famous NYYFansdotcom Administrator and moved in with the Douglass family to help raise those three motherless boys.

Thread Information