+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 359 FirstFirst ... 18 58 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 78 118 168 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 8952

Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    If a rain out keeps Cessa from pitching I am all for it.
    Just trying to understand how this works. Cessa is on the 40 man roster? Is that why he gets chosen over a pitcher at AAA who may get a look otherwise ?
    " You can't think and hit at the same time. "
    - Yogi Berra

NYYF Legend

Bryan Hoch Retweeted
    James Schmehl
    ‏ @jamesschmehl
    3m3 minutes ago

All indications suggest today's game has been postponed. No official announcement. Yankees players were informed.
    https://twitter.com/jamesschmehl/sta...71593042182145

@jamesschmehl
    4m4 minutes ago
    More
    All indications suggest today's game has been postponed. No official announcement. Yankees players were informed.

NYYF Legend

Pete Caldera
    ‏Verified account @pcaldera
    5m5 minutes ago

Word is weíre postponed at Detroit. Split doubleheader tomorrow. Weather permitting.
    https://twitter.com/eboland11/status/985171777478451201

Quote Originally Posted by OdiN9 View Post
    @jamesschmehl
    4m4 minutes ago
    More

@beckjason
    44s44 seconds ago
    More
    Tigers and Yankees will try to make up rainout with a split doubleheader tomorrow. Games times at 1:10 and 7:10. Yes, they are aware of the forecast for tomorrow.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by billybojangles View Post
    Just trying to understand how this works. Cessa is on the 40 man roster? Is that why he gets chosen over a pitcher at AAA who may get a look otherwise ?
    The pitcher who should have got the start already on the roster. German. They sent him down to be stretched out for a start and then they still give the start to Cessa.

NYYF Legend

Billy Witz
    ‏ @billywitz
    4m4 minutes ago

Tigers and Yankees have off days 5/24 and 6/4, 6/11, 6/18.
    https://twitter.com/billywitz/status/985172125328830464

@beckjason
    44s44 seconds ago
    More
    Tigers and Yankees will try to make up rainout with a split doubleheader tomorrow. Games times at 1:10 and 7:10. Yes, they are aware of the forecast for tomorrow.
    They might get one game in late tomorrow night as the rain is just awful here in Michigan.
    To all, life is too short, enjoy the baseball season even those that hate me.

Also weíre bracing for power outages due to high winds at 50 mph and ice in some communities.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Also weíre bracing for power outages due to high winds at 50 mph and ice in some communities.
    Frozen rain/ice is far worse than snow. Stay safe out there.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

@JackCurryYES
    Follow Follow @JackCurryYES
    More
    Yankees-Tigers has been postponed today. Reporters in Detroit say the teams will try to play a split DH tomorrow at 1:10 PM and 7:10 PM. Our coverage on YES will start at noon.

8:13 AM - 14 Apr 2018

Really dumb postponement. The rainís supposed to end later, and itís suposed to rain all day tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
    Frozen rain/ice is far worse than snow. Stay safe out there.
    Yeah, itís pretty bad out there as I wonít be leaving my home until Monday at the earliest. The wind is howling like a banchee.

@JackCurryYES
    Follow Follow @JackCurryYES
    More
    Yankees-Tigers has been postponed today. Reporters in Detroit say the teams will try to play a split DH tomorrow at 1:10 PM and 7:10 PM. Our coverage on YES will start at noon.

8:13 AM - 14 Apr 2018
    I’ll be shocked if they play one game on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Portbb View Post
    3 starts, in all 3 he pitched 7 innings. A really good start for a player that's gone from the NL with the pitcher hitting to the AL with stronger lineups. New league shouldn't be this easy. It could change shortly, but for now Wow.
    For some reason, I get the feeling that he wouldn't be pitching this well here, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyyankou View Post
    Really dumb postponement. The rainís supposed to end later, and itís suposed to rain all day tomorrow.
    They should have played tonight at 8:00 p.m. and forget about tomorrow.

Word of the Year is Complicit ojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dannyyankou View Post
    If thereís frozen rain / ice / sleet, then itís not a dumb postponement. Sounds like the roads need to stay clear so that EMTs can get where they need to be.
    This is not America...No! https://youtu.be/neLXqbR_r0E

Word of the Year is Complicit ojo's Avatar

Would have been a massive overpay. The Astros ultimately sacrificed far less talent than that.

I love how everyone is playing armchair GM about trading for Cole. All this after 2 starts.
    It would not have been a massive overpay, particularly when viewed by eyes not so emotionally attached to prospects, anyway.
    This is not America...No! https://youtu.be/neLXqbR_r0E

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    It would not have been a massive overpay, particularly when viewed by eyes not so emotionally attached to prospects, anyway.
    In the end, not trading for Cole might turn out all right in the long-term, but not doing so could come back to bite them this season.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimeyank View Post
    Frazier got 2/$17, he didn't break the bank mn would not hold up any Machado signing and he would have covered us at several spots. At least Cashman was smart enough to get Walker and Drury. Watching Cole shine and thinking about Stanton being here for TEN YEARS is
    nauseating. We had plenty of power, we needed pitching especially one who is young and durable and goes long. Pray he opts out
    We have one of the best players in baseball at a very reasonable rate(22/year) for 10 years. Oh, the horrors!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Yeah, itís pretty bad out there as I wonít be leaving my home until Monday at the earliest. The wind is howling like a banchee.
    So when does it get warm where you are? July?

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    So when does it get warm where you are? July?
    It's been a rough winter. Not so much snow-wise, but just cold and dreary all winter long. We never got more than 5-6 inches of snow in any storm, but it's been bitterly cold. Michigan weather is weird!

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    Yes, it really would have been a massive overpay. Emotional attachment to prospects has nothing to do with it and everything to do with common sense. It was the right call to make at that time.

You simply don't trade two blue-chip prospects with the ceiling of Frazier and Andujar unless you're packaging them for a slam-dunk #1 starter. Cole was coming off a two-year stretch where his peripherals and performance were trending in the wrong direction. And you'll note Houston didn't give up one single player who ranks as highly as either Frazier or Andujar. Not one.

You're playing armchair GM now because Cole has pitched a grand total of 3 terrific games with Houston and you're having visions of Roger Clemens circa 1997. Give it a break.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by albo4lyfe View Post
    We have one of the best players in baseball at a very reasonable rate(22/year) for 10 years. Oh, the horrors!
    People do not seem to understand that getting Stanton has no relationship to the pitchers Yankees were not able to Acquire. Ohtani did not want to come here. Cashman thought the price to get Cole was too high. Darvish salary would not fit with them getting under the Cap and Cobb would mean compensation. If we didn't get Stanton we have the same rotation right now.

You're playing armchair GM now because Cole has pitched a grand total of 3 terrific games with Houston and you're having visions of Roger Clemens circa 1997. Give it a break.
    When the trade went down, some of us we're saying it could hurt us this year when Houston acquired Cole. With that said, I'm not going to whine about it because it would have been a massive over pay as you stated and what's done is done.

Thread Information