+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 478 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TorreFan66 View Post
    The Yankees should win a lot of games by simply making it a battle of the bullpen. I trust our lineup and bullpen over the other teams lineup and bullpen.
    Even with the Betancesís 1-pitch blemish, at gameís end we still had Warren/Kahnle/Robertson in the chamber. Over the course of a season - no offense to Tyler Clippard fans - we should be in much better shape than last year.

Itís just one game but man iíd take tonightís result over the alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by neyugnt View Post
    Even with the Betancesís 1-pitch blemish, at gameís end we still had Warren/Kahnle/Robertson in the chamber. Over the course of a season - no offense to Tyler Clippard fans - we should be in much better shape than last year.

Clippard's mom posts here?

Clap clap, clap-clap-clap ArodEra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by albo4lyfe View Post
    Clippard's mom posts here?
    I'm not even sure if she's a fan of his.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    I'm not even sure if she's a fan of his.
    Clippard was one of my favorite Yankees prospects at the time when the farm was still mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
    Clippard was one of my favorite Yankees prospects at the time when the farm was still mediocre.
    "The Yankee Clippard"
    The Continuance of Being Great, is Getting Number Twenty-Eight

Suspended

Boston losing was the cherry on top of the day.

Let's keep it rolling tonight. Stanton is a monster.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by neyugnt View Post

Nice. Our pen is one of our strengths (and we have depth in minors) and liked Betrances outing yesterday even with the HR. I think it was his first pitch but still good compared to end of last year. I hope Betrances get back to how he pitched and we see a lot of Green - Betrances - Chapman during the year. It was a Great Opening Day - Great Win and BoSox lost with Joe Kelly (6 runs?). I think we may see Holder, Kahnle, Robertson today. (I don't know if I like Didi 4th (?) but that's me)

Tanaka's outing vs Jays, which of optioned below will happened?

1) He will struggle and gave up more than 5 runs today, giving hr to Donaldson, Granderson and Morales, and Diaz, or Solarte.
    2) He will be out by third inning and Holder replaced him
    3) He will pitch a complete game and pitches shut out
    4) He will pitch no-hitter against Jays Lineup.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
    I still remember him mowing down the Mets when he was a rookie starter.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

That play by Tyler Wade yesterday was a thing of beauty. With his speed and defensive ability if he can hit a little he can be a real asset to this team. On a side note, my son and I had an opportunity to chat with him a bit in Trenton two years ago, seems like a really good kid.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by OdiN9 View Post

1) He will struggle and gave up more than 5 runs today, giving hr to Donaldson, Granderson and Morales, and Diaz, or Solarte.
    Probably somewhere in between options 2 and 3. He'll keep us in the game but will probably give up a couple of HRs. I don't see him pitching a complete game.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vanderlay View Post
    That play by Tyler Wade yesterday was a thing of beauty. With his speed and defensive ability if he can hit a little he can be a real asset to this team. On a side note, my son and I had an opportunity to chat with him a bit in Trenton two years ago, seems like a really good kid.
    It was an unbelievable play but I am worried about Walker playing 2nd. Right now Walker is splitting time with Austin at 1B so we will see Wade at 2nd with backup with LHP with Torreyes. But when Bird returns it will be mainly Walker at 2nd because they both hit RHP so it gives him 6-8 weeks (like Austin) to show hitting. Probably wrong but I thought this when we got Walker with Torres banging on the door . I thought he had one of the best ST. He was used as defense yesterday (good move by Boone).

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by bucky View Post
    It was an unbelievable play but I am worried about Walker playing 2nd. Right now Walker is splitting time with Austin at 1B so we will see Wade at 2nd with backup with LHP with Torreyes. But when Bird returns it will be mainly Walker at 2nd because they both hit RHP so it gives him 6-8 weeks (like Austin) to show hitting. Probably wrong but I thought this when we got Walker with Torres banging on the door . I thought he had one of the best ST. He was used as defense yesterday (good move by Boone).
    Meh, I trust Boone to figure it out. As you noted, we'll likely see a lot of Wade at 2B with Walker at 1B against RHP. If Wade plays well he'll continue to get some starts at 2B after Bird comes back. And if all goes well, Gleyber da Gawwwd will eventually render this discussion moot.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

NYYF Legend

I vote for #5 - 6IP, 2 runs, 5 hits, 3 BB 6 Ks
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Quote Originally Posted by bucky View Post

I don't disagree with any of this which is why I stated its important Wade hit when he gets opportunities. With Walker on the roster and Gleybar knocking on the door, Wade is not going to see significant time unless he hits.

I agree about Wade's great defensive play. I love watching great defensive plays, even more than monster HRs. I am really rooting for this athletic kid to hit during this pre-Torres period so that he can stay on the club as a super utility guy. He seems to have a much higher ceiling than Toe's.

The performance of a lot of these guys is going to matter to Yankee decisions when Bird returns and when (and I guess if) Torres and/or Andujar, or perhaps Frazier, demand attention by their performance. Austin and Drury in particular, in addition to Wade, and even Walker and Hicks, clearly have shorter leashes than do the core stars. The season is exciting because of the power and the expectations. But it also is an interesting one for Yankee decision making.

Don't let Stanton beat you from Jays Fan on twitter. They will walk him in 4 pitches to get to Sanchez or Didi?

Don't let Stanton beat you from Jays Fan on twitter. They will walk him in 4 pitches to get to Sanchez or Didi?
    Pick your poison
    The Continuance of Being Great, is Getting Number Twenty-Eight

I still can't believe what Stanton did in his Yankees debut, wholly chit man, that was surreal.
    "Owning the Yankees is like owning the Mona Lisa." -- George M. Steinbrenner III

Hicks to the DL... Mckinney up.

The Yankees today made a roster move, placing CF Aaron Hicks on the 10-day disabled list with a right intercostal muscle strain (near the rib cage). Outfielder Billy McKinney was recalled from Triple-A.
    Let's Go Yankees!

Forum Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Pakimobzta View Post
    Hicks to the DL... Mckinney up
    A good opportunity for him, let's see what he can do

Quote Originally Posted by Pakimobzta View Post
    Hicks to the DL... Mckinney up
    Seriously?

Whats wrong with Hicks? Is it a serious, long term thing?
    "Owning the Yankees is like owning the Mona Lisa." -- George M. Steinbrenner III

Quote Originally Posted by Battingly View Post
    Seriously?

Right intercostal muscle strain
    Let's Go Yankees!

Quote Originally Posted by Battingly View Post
    Seriously?

Just 10 days with a muscle strain. He’ll be back soon. Better to be cautious and take him out now than make the injury worse.

Thread Information