+ Reply to Thread
Page 352 of 566 FirstFirst ... 252 302 342 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 362 402 452 ... LastLast
Results 8,776 to 8,800 of 14130
  1. #8776

    Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

    Okay, Yanks are 3-0 against the Indians so far this season. Is it too much to ask for 3 of 4 in Cleveland and make up some ground on the Sox?

  2. #8777
    2009 WORLD CHAMPIONS aeromac76's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Huntington, NY

    Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Portbb View Post
    Okay, Yanks are 3-0 against the Indians so far this season. Is it too much to ask for 3 of 4 in Cleveland and make up some ground on the Sox?
    Need that and for the Blue Jays to show up..
    At least Sale will not pitch, he went last night..
    I used to think I was crazy... Now I am sure of it..

  3. #8778

    Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by aeromac76 View Post
    Need that and for the Blue Jays to show up..
    At least Sale will not pitch, he went last night..
    I think I saw a weird stat the other day that the Sawx have a better record in games not started by Sale than the ones started by him. Go figure.

  4. #8779

    Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Portbb View Post
    Okay, Yanks are 3-0 against the Indians so far this season. Is it too much to ask for 3 of 4 in Cleveland and make up some ground on the Sox?
    How do the Yanks make up ground when the Sox wont lose? They most likely will beat up the Blue Jays every game. Then they will beat up the Tigers and Orioles out of the break too. The only time we can start making up ground on them is when we play them. I think they have a tougher September schedule too.
    The Continuance of Being Great, is Getting Number Twenty-Eight

  5. #8780
    NYYF HOF


    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Stony Brook, NY

    Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BabyBombers View Post
    How do the Yanks make up ground when the Sox wont lose? They most likely will beat up the Blue Jays every game. Then they will beat up the Tigers and Orioles out of the break too. The only time we can start making up ground on them is when we play them. I think they have a tougher September schedule too.
    Like death and tax, Red Sox will lose again this season, hopefully in the hands of NY Yankees.

  6. #8781
    Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Dallas, Tejas

    Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BabyBombers View Post
    How do the Yanks make up ground when the Sox wont lose? They most likely will beat up the Blue Jays every game. Then they will beat up the Tigers and Orioles out of the break too. The only time we can start making up ground on them is when we play them. I think they have a tougher September schedule too.
    There's like 100 games left.
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

  7. #8782
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by LIYanks View Post
    Like death and tax, Red Sox will lose again this season, hopefully in the hands of NY Yankees.
    Yankees can beat Boston head to head. Trouble is we can't seem to trust any other team to beat them.

  8. #8783

    Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread


  9. #8784
    NYYF HOF


    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Stony Brook, NY

    Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePinStripes View Post
    There's like 100 games left.
    71 games to make up 3.5 games. Very doable.

  10. #8785
    Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Dallas, Tejas

    Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by LIYanks View Post
    71 games to make up 3.5 games. Very doable.
    Not just doable, it's not even concerning. Heck, we've played 3 less games. We can make up about half of that just by winning those 3 games.
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

  11. #8786

    Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePinStripes View Post
    There's like 100 games left.
    So youre saying we have to win about 90? lol. I really think the RS win 115 games this season at least.
    The Continuance of Being Great, is Getting Number Twenty-Eight

  12. #8787

    Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

    I really wish Wade was playing over Walker.... I really do. I dont get why we are trying so hard to get Walker right. Wade looks like he may have turned the proverbial corner.
    The Continuance of Being Great, is Getting Number Twenty-Eight

  13. #8788

    Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BabyBombers View Post
    So youre saying we have to win about 90? lol. I really think the RS win 115 games this season at least.
    The record is 116 wins. You really think the Sawx are going to win 115 at least? Yeah, you can put me down for "that ain't happenin'".

  14. #8789
    NYYF HOF


    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Stony Brook, NY

    Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by albo4lyfe View Post
    The record is 116 wins. You really think the Sawx are going to win 115 at least? Yeah, you can put me down for "that ain't happenin'".
    Beantown boys have 68 games left and they have to win 50 of them to get to 115.

    There's better chance of Mets trading DeGraom to us than BoSox winning 50 of the next 68 games.

  15. #8790
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

    So Wade gets 2 hits and a HR last night. So he sits for the great Walker tonight.

  16. #8791
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BabyBombers View Post
    I really wish Wade was playing over Walker.... I really do. I dont get why we are trying so hard to get Walker right. Wade looks like he may have turned the proverbial corner.
    Has a good game. Sits the next night.

  17. #8792

    Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BabyBombers View Post
    I really wish Wade was playing over Walker.... I really do. I dont get why we are trying so hard to get Walker right. Wade looks like he may have turned the proverbial corner.
    ^ this

  18. #8793
    NYYF Legend

    ClownPickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Diego

    Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

    Playing Walker is so very dumb on many levels. I've said this after he was called up, Wade offers actual upside and the ability to be a chip.
    Calmer than you are

    7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

  19. #8794

    Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by albo4lyfe View Post
    The record is 116 wins. You really think the Sawx are going to win 115 at least? Yeah, you can put me down for "that ain't happenin'".
    Yeah, maybe a stretch, but they are playing incredibly well right now. I think 105-110 is a real shot as long as they dont start getting hurt. Devers just went on the DL. They do have a tough September schedule although its 6 games vs the Yanks. I think 9 more vs the Indians, Braves and Astros. So 15 of their 26 games are vs 1st place teams.
    The Continuance of Being Great, is Getting Number Twenty-Eight

  20. #8795
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn

    Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

    I really can't believe that Wade is benched tonight. It makes absolutely no sense. He's a much better defender than Walker and he just had a career night last night. Give the kid a chance.

  21. #8796
    NYYF Legend

    NelsonMuntz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Alexandria, VA

    Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    I really can't believe that Wade is benched tonight. It makes absolutely no sense. He's a much better defender than Walker and he just had a career night last night. Give the kid a chance.
    Walker is the new Stephen Drew.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

  22. #8797
    Administrator Bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    The Boonies

    Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    Walker is the new Stephen Drew.
    This team misses Torres badly. I hope he doesn't have any lingering issues after his return.
    Let the kids play.

  23. #8798

    Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    Walker is the new Stephen Drew.
    At least he's follow in for an injury, not blocking someone from playing.

    An the Sawx, I'll say it again: remember how they couldn't lose at the start of the season and then they did. Guess what, that's going to happen again
    You’re inviting the world to bite your arse when you stick your head in the sand.’- Choss
    Thetripleplay.wordpress.com

  24. #8799
    NYYF Legend

    longtimeyankeefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

    Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePinStripes View Post
    There's like 100 games left.
    Actually, at the ASB, the team's will have between 65 & 70 games left.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

  25. #8800

    Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Has a good game. Sits the next night.
    It is incredibly bizzare that Boone continues to do this.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 34 users browsing this thread. (8 members and 26 guests)

  1. philleotardo
  2. Mickey7Mo42fan
  3. KayForPresident
  4. kan_t
  5. Yankee Tripper
  6. Obnoxio

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts