+ Reply to Thread
Page 350 of 364 FirstFirst ... 250 300 340 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 360 ... LastLast
Results 8,726 to 8,750 of 9090
    NYYF Cy Young

Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by aeromac76 View Post
    How about "record against the $^$%$% Baltimore Orioles"?

Reporter---- So Aaron, why is it that you struggle so much against the Orioles ???

Aaron----What can I say. I'll just tip my cap, and call the Orioles my daddy.
    [

Between us, Boston, Houston, Seattle and Cleveland, we have the worst record against sub-.500 teams.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by trentonthunder View Post
    Reporter---- So Aaron, why is it that you struggle so much against the Orioles ???

Aaron----What can I say. I'll just tip my cap, and call the Orioles my daddy.
    Keep diggin' that hole, Soxie.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vanderlay View Post
    Bird has to make that play, it was an error all the way.
    And Andujar has to stop that double down the li e that netted the first 2 oriole's runs. He showed no range on that play.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmg32 View Post
    Between us, Boston, Houston, Seattle and Cleveland, we have the worst record against sub-.500 teams.
    and how do we stand vs clubs with plus 500 records

I'll take it

come on guys we haven't even lost the series yet

it's all good every game we lose now will just make the 2nd 1/2

when we get the Gmen back gary & gleyber more fun / interesting

and gawd save the rest of the league once we got ellsberry back

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNewman View Post
    Keep diggin' that hole, Soxie.

LOL. Metsy
    [

Quote Originally Posted by pinstripezac View Post

I'll take it

Your consolation is that we haven't lost the series yet? At best, we'll split. At worst, we'll lose three of four to the lowly O's yet again. We should've swept these bums. No excuses. This series has been a colossal failure even if we don't lose the series.

NYYF Legend

What is really troubling is 4 out of the 5 losses have been close games. 2 extra inning games at YS and 2 one run losses at Baltimore. We should be blowing away their pitchers and we do not and keep the games close giving the Orioles the chance to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by pinstripezac View Post

I'll take it

Not much of a difference in our records against teams over .500 between us Boston. 34-16 and 32-19. Right now what's costing us the division is our record against sub-..500 teams.

Quote Originally Posted by albo4lyfe View Post
    Your consolation is that we haven't lost the series yet? At best, we'll split. At worst, we'll lose three of four to the lowly O's yet again. We should've swept these bums. No excuses. This series has been a colossal failure even if we don't lose the series.
    Yeah, is this the standard? We haven't yet lost this series to the worst team in baseball?

NYYF Legend

Agreed. Even taking 3 out of 4 would be not that great. We should be sweeping these guys. Not having death struggles every game where even one mistake costs us the game.

consolation ? ok sure

winning and not loosing series is what it's all about

we can't win them all

surely you are all familiar with the line the best team is going to lose at least 50 gms

and the worse is going to win at least 50 gms,.......................... that's baseball

I agree with ymike that's loosing all these close gms makes it worse

but any true BB fan must enjoy a little pain

If I'm not mistaken the only series the O's have won this year outside of us are 2-0 against the Mets, 2-1 against KC, and 2-1 against the Braves(what happened there? SSS, I guess). They have a winning record against us in 9 games! We're down in the division because of our inability to beat the O's.

NYYF Legend

If I'm not mistaken the only series the O's have won this year outside of us are 2-0 against the Mets, 2-1 against KC, and 2-1 against the Braves(what happened there? SSS, I guess). They have a winning record against us in 9 games! We're down in the division because of our inability to beat the O's.
    I believe we had leads in 4 of the 5 losses. We should be 8-1, not 4-5 against them.

NYYF Legend

In 9 games this yr vs NYY, Machado .378/.465/.919. The rest of the #Orioles .227/.300/.384.
    https://twitter.com/Joelsherman1/sta...35508004909056

Quote Originally Posted by Yanks12009 View Post
    But its absolutely asinine to write off our chances at the division in mid-July.
    On July 19, 1978, the Yankees were 14 games behind. Less than three months later, they were planning a ticker-tape parade.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

NYYF Legend

which begs to ask the question, why do we keep pitching to him?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    On July 19, 1978, the Yankees were 14 games behind. Less than three months later, they were planning a ticker-tape parade.
    That team had a killer starting roration. And were the defending champions.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yanks12009 View Post
    This. Plus, we will be gaining Sanchez and Torres back fairly soon. Right now we have a .625% vs. teams under .500. Last year, the Red Sox won the division with a .574%.

Are these losses frustrating? Absolutely. Are they costly to the division chances? Yes. But its absolutely asinine to write off our chances at the division in mid-July.
    Games like this are infuriating and ones you don't forget. In 2005 they only won the division via tiebreaker with the Sox, but I still remember they got swept by the Royals who went on to a 56-106 record that year. If they won one of those games they would have won the division outright.

Every team will pretty much win 60 and lose 60, it's the other 42 that really matter, but you never know which ones are those 42.

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Quote Originally Posted by aeromac76 View Post
    Hey I am not saying either are very good choices, but you really want to see Gray get blasted again?
    Emphatically no - I have already advocated for him to be optioned to the minors - there are only a few days that the Yankees could do this task before he gets five years service time.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Games like this are infuriating and ones you don't forget. In 2005 they only won the division via tiebreaker with the Sox, but I still remember they got swept by the Royals who went on to a 56-106 record that year. If they won one of those games they would have won the division outright.

Every team will pretty much win 60 and lose 60, it's the other 42 that really matter, but you never know which ones are those 42.
    If you go back to 1997 they probably lost the division because they were swept by a horrible Phillies team in September. But that and what you mentioned were just one series. Losing 3 out of 4 to the Orioles twice is beyond bad.

NYYF HOF

Quote Originally Posted by trentonthunder View Post
    LOL. Metsy
    Hmm, so where are the Yankee fans on this board?

Doomed.

Calls a tool a tool

QFT. They are winning about 1 game in 4. That's against all comers which includes the TXs, the KCs, the Chi and other bad teams. A 500 club would expect to win 3 out of 4 against Bal. A 667 club is looking to sweep.

NYYF Legend

If they get Machado and a SP, they will win the division, no doubt in my mind... People undervalue the emotional jolt that acquiring a player can do for a team

The Sox have basically been unbeatable since they got Pearce... Yanks are slowly hitting a wall... Cashman needs to send in reinforcements ASAP bc at this rate, they’ll be 5-6 games out by the deadine
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

NYYF Legend

Two beautiful rural acres in Windham, Maine

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post

That team had a killer starting roration. And were the defending champions.
    But yet that team struggled mightily, to the point that they were 14 games out. Turning that around was a major accomplishment for any team, defending champions or not. Just a couple of weeks ago we were three or four games up in the loss column, so this is how quickly things can change. There's lots of baseball left, and this may just be a better second half team. Let's see what happens.
    Yankee fan living in Maine.

Thread Information