+ Reply to Thread
Page 303 of 374 FirstFirst ... 203 253 293 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 313 353 ... LastLast
Results 7,551 to 7,575 of 9346

Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

What is the status of Tanaka's UCL? Can he avoid surgery throughout hos remaining contract?

And can Gray have surgery to add some more guts and balls?

NYYF Legend

Boston throwing 3 lefties so why exactly was Frazier sent down? At least we miss their knuckle ball pitcher Wright. Our big swingers probably would not have touched him.

The Rays just shut out the Nationals for the second day in a row, this time being 1-0. Scherzer a hard luck loser again without any run support.
    To all, life is too short, enjoy the baseball season even those that hate me.

NYYF HOF

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    The Rays just shut out the Nationals for the second day in a row, this time being 1-0. Scherzer a hard luck loser again without any run support.
    Did our recent sweep in the hands of the Rays just turn them into the newly anointed Beast of the East?

When do the Rays play Boston again?

NYYF HOF

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Boston throwing 3 lefties so why exactly was Frazier sent down? At least we miss their knuckle ball pitcher Wright. Our big swingers probably would not have touched him.
    Surely Boone knows something you don't. I expect to see Bird in beast mode at Fenway Park this weekend.

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

Honest question: Has Boone stated a reason why Cessa is starting Wednesday? Why employ a 6-man rotation with a day off Thursday? There has to be some rationale.
    Standings: Big Inning 32-16; Blue Cut 27-21; Shoo Fly 26-22; Husk 22-26; Frank Pierce 21-27; Iowa City 16-32.

Quote Originally Posted by LIYanks View Post
    Surely Boone knows something you don't. I expect to see Bird in beast mode at Fenway Park this weekend.

Considering that the series is at YS - I wonder what Bird will be up to.
    Standings: Big Inning 32-16; Blue Cut 27-21; Shoo Fly 26-22; Husk 22-26; Frank Pierce 21-27; Iowa City 16-32.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by hardrain View Post
    Honest question: Has Boone stated a reason why Cessa is starting Wednesday? Why employ a 6-man rotation with a day off Thursday? There has to be some rationale.
    So that CC can start against Boston.
    Last edited by NelsonMuntz; 06-26-18 at 08:41 PM.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Man_With_No_Plan View Post
    Did I miss a roster move this morning? Surely this two man bench was only for yesterday because of the overused bullpen right? What's the move? Shreve DFA'd? Gallegos sent back down? I had to have missed it... right???
    With the 7pm start we won't hear about roster moves until around 4 if there are any
    You’re inviting the world to bite your arse when you stick your head in the sand.’- Choss
    Thetripleplay.wordpress.com

NYYF HOF

Considering that the series is at YS - I wonder what Bird will be up to.

Maybe I subconsciously want Bird to be away from YS.

Boston struggles against LHP.

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    So that CC can start in Boston.

okay - I guess that makes sense -- they are at home this weekend.just sayin

Tonight:

Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNewman View Post
    Well the urgency is that Bird isn't hitting so Walker is getting reps at first vs. lefties due to handedness. Since we're within a week or so of getting that extra year on Drury I realize they're going to ride it out, it's just a damn shame that Boston and their 3 lefties are coming up within that time span.

Cashman is trying to figure out a way to work a 15th pitcher on to the roster. Stay tuned.
    If we had Ohanti, I think we'd have 17 pitchers.
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

With no bench to speak of, there really is not much Boone can do with the lineup. Earl Weaver and his 9-man pitching staff would hate not being able to platoon. Earl was saber before it existed. He had notecards on all the splits and OBP. Take me back to the 70s!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by LIYanks View Post
    If he is at Fenway we will not see him since the games are at YS this weekend.

NYYF Legend

So when I go to Philly tomorrow I can see the worst possible Yankees starting pitcher.

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    So when I go to Philly tomorrow I can see the worst possible Yankees starting pitcher.
    Lucky you. I understand the desire to get CC to pitch against Boston. But it is not as if we are talking Verlander or Snell here. I'd rather keep the rotation as is -- particularity with a day off Thursday. All the games count.

Yankees your 27 time WS Champs MyBoysKaosHavoK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    So that CC can start in Boston.
    Quote Originally Posted by LouisLitt View Post
    Boston struggles against LHP.
    I understand the want to beat Boston. But CesSucks hasn't pitched in a long time and chances aren't great the Yankees win. In fact I bet he won't last 4. If Boston then beats the Angles the Yankees just gave a game away in the standings CC now has to win back...

Maby its just me and I guess its pick your poison but I rather have CC against Phil and get the W....
    In the Land of the Blind. The One Eyed Man is King......

With no bench to speak of, there really is not much Boone can do with the lineup. Earl Weaver and his 9-man pitching staff would hate not being able to platoon. Earl was saber before it existed. He had notecards on all the splits and OBP. Take me back to the 70s!
    It's a different game now. The days of 4 man rotations and starters throwing 320 innings with 25 complete games are long gone. Even if Earl was managing today he would have to adapt.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    It's a different game now. The days of 4 man rotations and starters throwing 320 innings with 25 complete games are long gone. Even if Earl was managing today he would have to adapt.

Say it ain't so, Fred. Say it ain't so.

Boland

Verified account

@eboland11
    Following Following @eboland11
    More
    Though Brandon Drury is getting more action at first base in the minors, Aaron Boone indicated that's a move in the big leagues not happening any time soon. "That's not on the front burner with us," he said.

Quote Originally Posted by OdiN9 View Post
    Boland

Verified account

@eboland11
    Following Following @eboland11
    More
    Though Brandon Drury is getting more action at first base in the minors, Aaron Boone indicated that's a move in the big leagues not happening any time soon. "That's not on the front burner with us," he said.

I admit I was against the Drury trade. But now that you got him why not use him?? Walker must have something on Cashman he's blackmailing him with....

Quote Originally Posted by JoePepitonesHair View Post
    What is the status of Tanaka's UCL? Can he avoid surgery throughout hos remaining contract?

And can Gray have surgery to add some more guts and balls?
    Gray is AJ Burnette V2.0. Only with less talent... I wish the Yankees would trade him. He's never going to make it as a Yankee....

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by MyBoysKaosHavoK View Post
    I admit I was against the Drury trade. But now that you got him why not use him?? Walker must have something on Cashman he's blackmailing him with....
    They "lucked" into getting an extra year of control on him, and with the deadline just a handful of days away now, it would be totally irresponsible NOT to pursue it in my opinion.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Thread Information