+ Reply to Thread
Page 253 of 590 FirstFirst ... 153 203 243 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 263 303 353 ... LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,325 of 14738
    Suspended

Re: 2018 Regular Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    I think there's a good chance we're going to see Sheffield with the next injury to the current 5. Or do they go Rogers first?
    More likely Cole. Also, wouldn't be surprised to see Loaisiga being he's already on the 40

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    More likely Cole. Also, wouldn't be surprised to see Loaisiga being he's already on the 40
    That would surprise me. He just got to AA a few weeks ago. He also appears to be on some kind of innings limit, as he never goes past 5 innings.

By the way, i think he's pitching tonight.

Yankees will put Monty to the 60 day DL eventually which would give them an open spot on the 40 for someone

Zack Littell making start today. That depth we needed. Salt in the wound.
    If they lose the division by a few games it most likely will be a direct result of Cashman's negligence in obtaining rotation depth during the offseason. No excuses, he had the financial and player resources to add depth and he dropped the ball.

Zack Littell making start today. That depth we needed. Salt in the wound.
    How about Caleb Smith down in Miami? He is doing great down there. Leads all rookies in Ks. His ERA was 3.5 before getting blown up his last start.

Man we need pitching bad...
    The Continuance of Being Great, is Getting Number Twenty-Eight

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vanderlay View Post
    If they lose the division by a few games it most likely will be a direct result of Cashman's negligence in obtaining rotation depth during the offseason. No excuses, he had the financial and player resources to add depth and he dropped the ball.
    They need to fire Cashman right now! Gross negligence by Cashman.

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vanderlay View Post
    Agreed. No excuses for not upgrading the rotation in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    I really think he was banking on Adams, Sheffield and/or Warren this season. Maybe even Green.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBombers View Post
    How about Caleb Smith down in Miami? He is doing great down there. Leads all rookies in Ks. His ERA was 3.5 before getting blown up his last start.

Man we need pitching bad...
    Caleb's ERA was higher because we destroyed him one time I think...

anyhow, both Littell and Caleb were gonna be Rule 5 casualties anyways.

I really think he was banking on Adams, Sheffield and/or Warren this season. Maybe even Green.
    http://www.espn.com/mlb/freeagents/_/position/sp

Were any of these FAs attractive signings?

I know everyone's gonna harp on Cole, but Pittsburgh asked for too much and didn't want to trade to us. What could we do?

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by mbn007 View Post
    That would surprise me. He just got to AA a few weeks ago. He also appears to be on some kind of innings limit, as he never goes past 5 innings.

He's on a PC limit around 80, he can get bumped up pretty quickly.

I wouldn't be all that concerned with it if I'm the Yankees. All these guys are going to explode at some point. Let them help you before they do.

NYYF Legend

He's on a PC limit around 80, he can get bumped up pretty quickly.

I wouldn't be all that concerned with it if I'm the Yankees. All these guys are going to explode at some point. Let them help you before they do.
    I disagree. Look at his career. He has no solid innings foundation under him. I am positive there is no way he gets over 100 innings this year, even with perfect health. i do not think he is any kind of option for 2018, unless it's a spot start in , say, one of those upcoming DHs.

Quote Originally Posted by nyy42 View Post
    http://www.espn.com/mlb/freeagents/_/position/sp

Were any of these FAs attractive signings?

I know everyone's gonna harp on Cole, but Pittsburgh asked for too much and didn't want to trade to us. What could we do?

I don't necessarily think either of those are true though but I also don't think that it really matters to this point. Cashman admittedly went into the off-season wanting to address the rotation and repeated that going into spring training; if there's one thing to critique him over it'd be that.

IF the asking price for starting pitching was absurd in Jan/Feb, it's probably going to be equally as hefty in July.

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    I remember games where Sanchez caught and Romine played 1B. But he can't DH?
    What's wrong with Romine catching and Sanchez DH'ing? Isn't defense important too?

NYYF Legend

I know we've been talking a lot about Harper in here - it's been a tale of two seasons for him. He's had a crazy low BABIP on the whole so there's some bad luck involved, but that is a complete about face in the BB:K ratio.

Buster Olney @Buster_ESPN 11h11 hours ago
    Bryce Harper March 30-April 30: 29 games, 23 runs, 8 homers, 38 walks, 21 strikeouts, .458 OBP
    May 1-June 4: 29 games, 14 runs, 10 homers, 9 walks, 34 strikeouts, .280 OBP
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Quote Originally Posted by nyy42 View Post
    Caleb's ERA was higher because we destroyed him one time I think...

anyhow, both Littell and Caleb were gonna be Rule 5 casualties anyways.
    They could have both have been protected if someone like Gio wasn’t.

I know we've been talking a lot about Harper in here - it's been a tale of two seasons for him. He's had a crazy low BABIP on the whole so there's some bad luck involved, but that is a complete about face in the BB:K ratio.

Buster Olney @Buster_ESPN 11h11 hours ago
    Bryce Harper March 30-April 30: 29 games, 23 runs, 8 homers, 38 walks, 21 strikeouts, .458 OBP
    May 1-June 4: 29 games, 14 runs, 10 homers, 9 walks, 34 strikeouts, .280 OBP
    I dont want Harper. HE\e would be another .240 30-35 HR hitter here. Corner Ofer. With a mega contract. We already have Stanton and his cringe worthy contract.

Word of the Year is Complicit ojo's Avatar

I dont want Harper. HE\e would be another .240 30-35 HR hitter here. Corner Ofer. With a mega contract. We already have Stanton and his cringe worthy contract.
    Oh good grief.
    This is not America...No! https://youtu.be/neLXqbR_r0E

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Quote Originally Posted by OdiN9 View Post
    Yankees will put Monty to the 60 day DL eventually which would give them an open spot on the 40 for someone
    There already one spot open now.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    If they don’t win it all this year... ouch

How many times in the 2000s did this team kill it on offense, just to struggle in the post season, and lack the pitching to over come it. I hope this team doesn’t mirror that
    Baseball games are not won with a formula. If you can hit, they will find a place for you

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by mbn007 View Post

I'm firmly in the camp that Loaisiga is coming to the bigs at some point this year, and it looks like it may be soon.

Matt Kardos @mattkardos
    Jonathan Loaisiga is pitching for Trenton tonight. He hasn't pitched in 9 days. He's healthy and never scheduled last week, Wasn't slated as a probable until yesterday. I firmly believe that he was set-up to be the guy to start for the Yankees yesterday before the rainout Sunday

Greg Johnson @gregp_j 22m22 minutes ago
    Just talked with Jay Bell, and he couldn't directly confirm or deny whether Loaisiga was slated to make a spot start for the Yankees.

"We were just giving him a little bit more time off, but there was a potential of some movement there. You can read between the lines."
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Benefactor View Post
    What's wrong with Romine catching and Sanchez DH'ing? Isn't defense important too?
    We all know that is not going to happen. But there is no reason for Austin being the DH over Romine right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    We all know that is not going to happen. But there is no reason for Austin being the DH over Romine right now.
    Tyler Austin is 3 for 5 off of Estrada, with 3 HRs.

Thats why.

Stats trump hot/cold bat with this Yankee organization.

Lets see if it pays off.

Then again, Judge is 8 for 20 off of him too, while Gary Sanchez is only 4 of 21 vs him. Romine should be catching tonight.

Brett Gardner is 6-44 vs Marco.

I dont know what they are doing to be honest.

Suspended

I'm firmly in the camp that Loaisiga is coming to the bigs at some point this year, and it looks like it may be soon.

Matt Kardos @mattkardos
    Jonathan Loaisiga is pitching for Trenton tonight. He hasn't pitched in 9 days. He's healthy and never scheduled last week, Wasn't slated as a probable until yesterday. I firmly believe that he was set-up to be the guy to start for the Yankees yesterday before the rainout Sunday

Greg Johnson @gregp_j 22m22 minutes ago
    Just talked with Jay Bell, and he couldn't directly confirm or deny whether Loaisiga was slated to make a spot start for the Yankees.

"We were just giving him a little bit more time off, but there was a potential of some movement there. You can read between the lines."
    Do it. No point walking on egg shells with a guy like him. Let him throw whatever.

NYYF Legend

Tyler Austin is 3 for 5 off of Estrada, with 3 HRs.

Thats why.

Stats trump hot/cold bat with this Yankee organization.

Lets see if it pays off.

Then again, Judge is 8 for 20 off of him too, while Gary Sanchez is only 4 of 21 vs him. Romine should be catching tonight.

Brett Gardner is 6-44 vs Marco.

I dont know what they are doing to be honest.
    Romine's average with RISP has been insane this season. Austin plays because of small sample but yesterday Hicks sat against Fiers despite his 2 HRs off him earlier this season. So exactly what is the criteria to play. Judge sitting tonight I understand.

Thread Information