+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2018 Roster Moves Thread

Quote Originally Posted by gdn View Post
    In all seriousness. Zimmerman isn't on your roster this week. When did you pick him up? I'll have to fix that.

why is Zimmerman in his starting lineup now ?? rosters were locked ?? he had sabathia in his lineup when the yanks started playing; should be replaced with worst FA starters points this week, not Zimmerman.

Quote Originally Posted by The FUTURE View Post
    why is Zimmerman in his starting lineup now ?? rosters were locked ?? he had sabathia in his lineup when the yanks started playing; should be replaced with worst FA starters points this week, not Zimmerman.

So because I requested a DL guy be replaced with a starter I picked up, I get the worst FA starter's points? Get it together man, that's for an illegal roster, not a missed DL guy.

I'm asking for an assist since Sabathia to the DL wasn't announced until rosters locked on a Monday and I made the Zim move immediately upon hearing it. If it's too late, it's too late, but I thought we made exceptions for Monday DL guys right at roster lock.

NYYF Legend

What’s the point of roster locks if we can just make retroactive changes ??

Either we have rules or we don’t; this stuff effects the playoffs.

The negative pts might be extreme but I shouldn’t get double screwed by you getting to replace him with a new starter after the fact

NYYF Legend

It’s like oh hey I didn’t realize Sevy was going to throw up negative pts; I’d like to swap him for matz

It’s like oh hey I didn’t realize Sevy was going to throw up negative pts; I’d like to swap him for matz

That's not even a mildly accurate comparison, stop with the straw man.

Like I said, I thought we had made exceptions for last minute Monday DL moves right before or after the lock, but if it's going to upset you, then the commish can reverse it. You're going to beat me by triple digits anyway, it's frankly irrelevant.

Flip it back GDN, not worth my or anyone's time to get into a pissing match about this.

Quote Originally Posted by PinstripePride View Post
    That's not even a mildly accurate comparison, stop with the straw man.

Like I said, I thought we had made exceptions for last minute Monday DL moves right before or after the lock, but if it's going to upset you, then the commish can reverse it. You're going to beat me by triple digits anyway, it's frankly irrelevant.

Flip it back GDN, not worth my or anyone's time to get into a pissing match about this.
    we had this situation two weeks ago with gdn. Once rosters lock for anyone on your team you can’t pick anyone up for that week. If you had a replacement on your roster already that’s the only way you can switch guys in and out.

This situation is unique though, if your roster was illegal. We don’t want to be handing wins away, just not fair to everyone else in the league fighting for the playoffs.
    I dunno, I would defer to gdn on this. We had a win handed out last week which really kind of sucked. I’d like to avoid that if at all possible. It skews the standings.

I didn't have an illegal roster, I just wanted to avoid the 0. Flip it back and be done with it, I'll take the 0 from CC.

I didn't have an illegal roster, I just wanted to avoid the 0. Flip it back and be done with it, I'll take the 0 from CC.
    oh I was just following the conversation I thought you were going to have an illegal roster.

Unfortunately the move can not be retroactive. I know it’s a pain in the ass when CBS doesn’t notify you early enough. But when that first game starts the only changes you can make are with players who are on the roster for that current week. Any adds are for the following week.

NYYF Legend

Not trying to be a dick; I think it's fair. I know its not your fault he got added to the DL on a Monday but it sure as heck ain't my fault either.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    oh I was just following the conversation I thought you were going to have an illegal roster.

Unfortunately the move can not be retroactive. I know it’s a pain in the ass when CBS doesn’t notify you early enough. But when that first game starts the only changes you can make are with players who are on the roster for that current week. Any adds are for the following week.

Maybe that's what I'm thinking - we gave a pass if you had a guy on your bench you could swap out with a DLed guy.

All good. Undo it and it's water under the bridge.

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

OK - Trevor Bauer was just put on the DL - this will kill my playoff run. Please put him on DL this week and let me pick up a guy for this week?

I had to deal with that with Sale two weeks ago. Not trying to be an ass or anything, and I totally understand your frustration, but as the rules stand right now it needs to stick.

In my other league we do have injury subs. Where if a guy hits the DL mid week you can sub him out for an active player. We use it A LOT. Maybe we can put it to a vote if people want it, but it will be a lot of work for the commissioner. Just a warning. We would probably need someone to back the commish up. Have someone dedicated to injury subs.

I had to deal with that with Sale two weeks ago. Not trying to be an ass or anything, and I totally understand your frustration, but as the rules stand right now it needs to stick.

Ya, I was being facetious. I believe rules are rules and lock times are lock times. We have ALL had a guy roll an ankle on a Monday. Sucks. But it the cost of doing business.

It's time for fantasy baseball gdn's Avatar

What’s the point of roster locks if we can just make retroactive changes ??

Either we have rules or we don’t; this stuff effects the playoffs.

The negative pts might be extreme but I shouldn’t get double screwed by you getting to replace him with a new starter after the fact
    I thought he was on the roster prior to lock but went on the DL after lock? Did I misunderstand that?

I'll reverse it, I guess. I'm still confused. I thought he was on the roster but on the bench after lock but before DL? I need sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by hardrain View Post
    Ya, I was being facetious. I believe rules are rules and lock times are lock times. We have ALL had a guy roll an ankle on a Monday. Sucks. But it the cost of doing business.
    Oh I know. It's frustrating as hell. I feel like every day someone is hitting the DL for something. Every year it seems to get worse.

OK - Trevor Bauer was just put on the DL - this will kill my playoff run. Please put him on DL this week and let me pick up a guy for this week?
    This I can confidently say no to.

Quote Originally Posted by gdn View Post
    I thought he was on the roster prior to lock but went on the DL after lock? Did I misunderstand that?
    If someone picks a player up and he doesn't go on that current week's roster then you can safely assume that at least one position has locked due to a game starting. It's the only reason why that would happen.

This 10-Day DL has significantly affected fantasy leagues.

If someone picks a player up and he doesn't go on that current week's roster then you can safely assume that at least one position has locked due to a game starting. It's the only reason why that would happen.
    Good point. Not sure what I was thinking.

On one hand I'm glad because you don't sit there wondering if your guy is going to start or not. I remember sitting there on Mondays with a player teetering on the edge of the DL or not. They say he'll miss a game or two and then he hit's the DL. So the 10 day DL gets teams to do place the guy on it quicker. On the other hand I feel like players hit it for bumping their funnybone on a table or something. It's abused.

NYYF Legend

From 4/2/17:

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    Note:
    I think the new 10 day DL rule will play havoc on Fantasy Baseball.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    From 4/2/17:
    What’s number favorite lotto numbers to play lol ?!?

After all that, Zim tosses a -4. God, if I win by 3 that would be the most amazing thing ever. Too bad I probably won't even break 100.

NYYF Legend

After all that, Zim tosses a -4. God, if I win by 3 that would be the most amazing thing ever. Too bad I probably won't even break 100.
    I wouldn’t even be mad; I’m a big believer in karma lol

Thread Information