+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 12 13 14 15
Results 351 to 363 of 363
  1. #351

    Re: 2018 Didi Gregorius Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    He should really stop trying to steal bases. Even though the umps screwed him tonight, I think he should know when to stop trying... which was probably about 3 attempts ago.
    Kinda bizarre. He has a many stolen bases this year as he did the last 2 years (10). He also has 6 caught stealing this year and has had 7 total all the years prior...

    https://www.baseball-reference.com/p...regodi01.shtml

  2. #352
    NYYF Legend

    JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Still under the unfinished breezeway

    Re: 2018 Didi Gregorius Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    I still hate the awy banning.
    Equally as calm as ClownPickle ~(+/- 1)

  3. #353

    Re: 2018 Didi Gregorius Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    I still hate the awy banning.
    Me too. But I find it very interesting that he suddenly found the time for capitalization and punctuation. Very interesting indeed.

    That said, the article is very insightful.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

  4. #354
    Administrator Bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    The Boonies

    Re: 2018 Didi Gregorius Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    Me too. But I find it very interesting that he suddenly found the time for capitalization and punctuation. Very interesting indeed.

    That said, the article is very insightful.
    The article says in great detail what we all have been talking about since the end of May. Makes you want to force Didi, Boone and Thames into a room and talk about this for 3 hours.
    Let the kids play.

  5. #355

    Re: 2018 Didi Gregorius Performance Thread

    Didi = Higashioka in the clutch.

    High leverage 24 wRC+

    Men on base 68 wRC+

    RISP 45 wRC+

  6. #356
    Calls a tool a tool
    Join Date
    Nov 2004

    Re: 2018 Didi Gregorius Performance Thread

    Pop up to SS on the first pitch. I guess that was the pitch he was waiting for.

  7. #357

    Re: 2018 Didi Gregorius Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Benefactor View Post
    Didi = Higashioka in the clutch.

    High leverage 24 wRC+

    Men on base 68 wRC+

    RISP 45 wRC+
    2017:
    High leverage 94 wRC+

    Men on base 130 wRC+

    RISP 104 wRC+

  8. #358

    Re: 2018 Didi Gregorius Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yanks12009 View Post
    2017:
    High leverage 94 wRC+

    Men on base 130 wRC+

    RISP 104 wRC+
    Last year was anomaly. Thanks for sharing though.

  9. #359

    Re: 2018 Didi Gregorius Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Benefactor View Post
    Last year was anomaly. Thanks for sharing though.
    2016:
    high leverage 123 wRC+

    Men on base 99 wRC+

    RISP 67 wRC+

    Bottom line, these stats change year to year because the sample is so small.

  10. #360

    Re: 2018 Didi Gregorius Performance Thread

    The dude singlehandedly beat Kluber in game 5 of the ALDS, that gives him at least a one year pass from non-clutch accusations.

  11. #361

    Re: 2018 Didi Gregorius Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jon abbey View Post
    The dude singlehandedly beat Kluber in game 5 of the ALDS, that gives him at least a one year pass from non-clutch accusations.
    Lets not forget the WC game homer too.

  12. #362

    Re: 2018 Didi Gregorius Performance Thread

    Yeah, good point. Plus he carried us this April, the AL Player of the Month.

  13. #363
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Yanks12009 View Post
    2016:
    high leverage 123 wRC+

    Men on base 99 wRC+

    RISP 67 wRC+

    Bottom line, these stats change year to year because the sample is so small.
    Exactly. Small slices of data arenít meaningful. The more complex a stat is, the more error it has built in, and the larger the sample has to overcome the noise.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts