+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 108 FirstFirst ... 40 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 60 100 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 2677
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2018 Aaron Boone Performance Thread

I canít believe Boone let Tanaka come out for the fifth. Then he gives up a homer, and he leaves him in to face Trumbo. Is he watching the same game as me?

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    I canít believe Boone let Tanaka come out for the fifth. Then he gives up a homer, and he leaves him in to face Trumbo. Is he watching the same game as me?
    He wanted him to pitch 6 more pitches to get to 80.... and it blows up in his face.
    Let's Go Yankees!

NYYF Legend

And now he’s taking Holder out after he threw 5 pitches the previous inning. What.

5-3 lead going into the 7th inning... What was wrong with the Dellin Drob Chapman finish? Is he never going to use Chapman? put him on the DL if you're scared to use him when he says he is fine otherwise there was no reason to have green pitch the 7th.

This was a win until he decided to try and get another inning out of Green

this was an unacceptable loss Boone. Take some blame and yell at the damn players for once

needed to get tossed....far too timid. no one cares that you cry from the bench

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by nyy42 View Post
    this was an unacceptable loss Boone. Take some blame and yell at the damn players for once
    I asked in the other thread about your obsession with their meals and now I'll ask here too. Why do you think yelling at grown men will do anything to make them play better?

I'd like to think it's a running joke that's just not that funny. But this idea that not feeding millionaires or yelling at them is going to make a difference is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by JeterForPresident View Post
    I asked in the other thread about your obsession with their meals and now I'll ask here too. Why do you think yelling at grown men will do anything to make them play better?

I'd like to think it's a running joke that's just not that funny. But this idea that not feeding millionaires or yelling at them is going to make a difference is silly.
    there has to be a level of accountability for not being able to crush a bad team.

What's the explanation?

NYYF Legend

there has to be a level of accountability for not being able to crush a bad team.

What's the explanation?
    I'd definitely make sure the guys know to run everything out. Didi not hustling didn't really matter but it could have.

I just don't see how yelling helps. They're all headcases nowadays. I think the days of the fiery old manager are gone.

Iím less concerned with Boone yelling at players and more concerned with his gross mismanagement of this pitching staff.

I'm sure Bird's inability to field a ground ball had nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by JeterForPresident View Post
    I'd definitely make sure the guys know to run everything out. Didi not hustling didn't really matter but it could have.

I just don't see how yelling helps. They're all headcases nowadays. I think the days of the fiery old manager are gone.
    the players need to take this loss hard. The pitchers should take accountability for their failures, apologize, and make sure to crush bad teams.

No good team is losing to the Orioles.

Hal & Cash need to meet with the team to make that certain. If that means changing the routine for tomorrow, do it.

Boone seems to be managing just to secure the 1 game playoff. He's banking on the historical unlikeliness that the best record in baseball wins the WS.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vanderlay View Post
    Iím less concerned with Boone yelling at players and more concerned with his gross mismanagement of this pitching staff.
    This is the learning curve I was worried about. At least he took Tanaka out during the 5th but the BOSS was right. He was tiring in the 4th and should NOT have started the 5th. I am getting upset because Larry has to know this and doesn't say anything. I don't feel Tanaka will pitch 7 innings routinely (which everybody wants) and it was his first game back. It's nutty to think it was an 80 pitch count he was on and that's the reason but I can't understand anything anymore. Like BOSS said: it like Boone is watching another game.

I do feel Boone wants to be "liked" by his players too much but this his suppose to be his strong point in his hiring: communication.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by Benefactor View Post
    I'm sure Bird's inability to field a ground ball had nothing to do with it.
    Agree it was a difficult play for him. not happy and watched the replay on video several times. Bird is NOT a defensive 1B and right now now an offensive 1B even if he had a good game (Cashner should have threw a changeup) and Andķjar HAS to play closer to the line (why his defense WAR is low). I still feel we should have won this game by taking Tanaka out in the 4th went Larry goes to the mount to buy time.

Quote Originally Posted by bucky View Post
    Agree it was a difficult play for him. not happy and watched the replay on video several times. Bird is NOT a defensive 1B and right now now an offensive 1B even if he had a good game (Cashner should have threw a changeup) and Andķjar HAS to play closer to the line (why his defense WAR is low). I still feel we should have won this game by taking Tanaka out in the 4th went Larry goes to the mount to buy time.
    I noticed that too about andujar. He seems to not get any ball that comes down the line at 3rd. I'd much rather have him play closer to the line.

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

We need Carsten Charles back from suspension to lend some level headed objectivity here
    Standings: Big Inning 32-16; Blue Cut 27-21; Shoo Fly 26-22; Husk 22-26; Frank Pierce 21-27; Iowa City 16-32.

Quote Originally Posted by bucky View Post
    This is the learning curve I was worried about. At least he took Tanaka out during the 5th but the BOSS was right. He was tiring in the 4th and should NOT have started the 5th. I am getting upset because Larry has to know this and doesn't say anything. I don't feel Tanaka will pitch 7 innings routinely (which everybody wants) and it was his first game back. It's nutty to think it was an 80 pitch count he was on and that's the reason but I can't understand anything anymore. Like BOSS said: it like Boone is watching another game.

I do feel Boone wants to be "liked" by his players too much but this his suppose to be his strong point in his hiring: communication.
    The problem with being the nice guy first, it's almost impossible to become hard on the players later. Much easier to be harder on the players first then loosen up. See tom Coughlin coaching the giants.

NYYF Cy Young

FYI: I always check Rotoworld to see what's happening and this is what they posted on Tanaka.

"It could have been worse, as Tanaka gave up two runs in the fourth inning but then stranded the bases loaded. He probably shouldíve been pulled after that when the Yankees took the lead, but manager Aaron Boone left his righty in and Tanaka served up a game-tying homer to Manny Machado on his first pitch of the fifth. Heís now allowed 17 dingers over 77 innings this season. Tanaka will take the ball again Sunday in Cleveland."

To post above. I loved (still like him, great football guy - huge mistake to lose him) Tom Coughlin and I think Shurmar will a million times better than our last coach. One he came from Cleveland like Bill Bellichek for a learning curve as what not to do and went to Vikings.

NYYF Legend

Why pull Holder after just 5 pitches when he has been a lot more effective than Green? If they think Chappy is hurt put him on the DL. If not our big three should have pitched the 7,8,9. Not Green in the 7th. Maybe get a better pitching coach who will tell Boone it is time to change the pitcher. Larry obviously does not.

Boone's response post-game was too lackluster. Not enough anger and frustration.

Needs to be tough on Tanaka

NYYF Legend

Boone's response post-game was too lackluster. Not enough anger and frustration.

Needs to be tough on Tanaka
    More needs to know when to pull a starter. And they had a two run lead after Tanaka left the game.

Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar

what an absolutely idiotic move to tell Judge to steal 2nd- and it's obviously coming from Boone since Judge did it twice in a row.
    You're down by 2 in the 8th inning with one out. Someone behind Judge has to score anyway. WTF.
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

I am not an Aaron Boone fan.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinStripes View Post
    what an absolutely idiotic move to tell Judge to steal 2nd- and it's obviously coming from Boone since Judge did it twice in a row.
    You're down by 2 in the 8th inning with one out. Someone behind Judge has to score anyway. WTF.
    Especially when you have HR threat Stanton on deck.
    Let's Go Yankees!

Thread Information