+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 27 28 29 30

Re: 2018 Aaron Boone Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    I generally agree with that, but I bet there is a minuscule difference between the amount of at-bats between the 8th and 9th position in the batting order. Now, if you're talking about the top half of the batting order that's different as to the number of at-bats between the top half and bottom half.
    I think there is something to wanting your leadoff hitter to hit after a real position player. So in a way, your 9 hitter becomes your leadoff guy and your 8 spot becomes the bottom of the order.
    But the sample size to see any real benefit is probably larger than the Interleague allows.

Ultimately, NL sucks
    "Owning the Yankees," Steinbrenner once said, "is like owning the Mona Lisa."

NYYF Legend

Regardless of how it works out, I absolutely LOVE him pulling Severino after 6 despite him throwing only 77 pitches. Against a terrible team, with a well-rested bullpen, this is the way to take care of your ace who is going to shoulder a huge load this year on a night he clearly wasn't himself.

Let him rock out to 110 when he's rolling, but there's no need to go to a pitch max when he obviously doesn't have his best stuff/command and you've got a full pen and 3 run lead against an inferior team.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    Regardless of how it works out, I absolutely LOVE him pulling Severino after 6 despite him throwing only 77 pitches. Against a terrible team, with a well-rested bullpen, this is the way to take care of your ace who is going to shoulder a huge load this year on a night he clearly wasn't himself.

Let him rock out to 110 when he's rolling, but there's no need to go to a pitch max when he obviously doesn't have his best stuff/command and you've got a full pen and 3 run lead against an inferior team.
    TBH, I thought before the game Severino was only going six innings due to the lack of bullpen work.
    God, I love Yankee fans as they're never satisfied!

Thread Information