+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 126 FirstFirst ... 51 91 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 111 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 3129
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2018 Aaron Boone Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNewman View Post
    I agree on this one, the Rays series worries me more than the 6 Sox games, the Sox will have the division and home field clinched and may not go hell-bent for leather in those games. The Rays may be out of contention but they are a young team getting a taste of winning and they obviously like the taste very much. I expect them to play VERY hard those games at the Trop.
    Back when the Yankees still had a chance to catch Boston I looked at those 4 games at Tampa Bay as a bigger problem than the 3 games at Fenway.

NYYF Legend

The Coaching Staff's Positives!!!!

The Yankees Coaching Staff... Headed up by Aaron Boone.
    We all know the deficiencies. The Pitchers are all pitching worse than they have in the past. The hitter are all hitting worse than they have in the past (mostly). The baserunners are not running the bases well. The fielders are making errors and, worse, mental errors, above and beyond what they should be erroring (have they performed a successful rundown). The lineups are insane. The use of the 25 man roster is wrong. Relievers used improperly. The list goes on and on. Do they know the gravity of the situation?

For this little sub-topic of the Aaron Boone thread, let's put all the negativity aside for a quick moment and concentrate on what they do well.

Here is my extensive list, let's see if anyone can add anything.

1) They do a pretty good job positioning defenders.
    Do not fear, all we want to do is talk.

Only words, and then your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    We all know the deficiencies. The Pitchers are all pitching worse than they have in the past. The hitter are all hitting worse than they have in the past (mostly). The baserunners are not running the bases well. The fielders are making errors and, worse, mental errors, above and beyond what they should be erroring (have they performed a successful rundown). The lineups are insane. The use of the 25 man roster is wrong. Relievers used improperly. The list goes on and on. Do they know the gravity of the situation?

For this little sub-topic of the Aaron Boone thread, let's put all the negativity aside for a quick moment and concentrate on what they do well.

2) Iím told theyíre very conscientious about sending birthday cards to players' wives and kids.

They do a good job of benching healthy, hot-hitting players and playing injured and/or slumping players.

3) Always remaining positive and finding positives even when rational logic shows otherwise
    4) Sticking with the rookies, it may have been obvious, but there hasn't been a strong veteran bias as Torres played over Walker, Andujar played over Drury. Holder was given a shot to earn a key role in the bullpen.

Re: The Coaching Staff's Positives!!!!

Headed by Brian Cashman. Boone wasn't qualified enough to bring in his own coaching staff. I wonder if there is any constructive conversation going on between any of them.....

I mean, they hit homeruns. Isn't that what everyone wants to see?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by primetime714 View Post
    3) Always remaining positive and finding positives even when rational logic shows otherwise
    4) Sticking with the rookies, it may have been obvious, but there hasn't been a strong veteran bias as Torres played over Walker, Andujar played over Drury. Holder was given a shot to earn a key role in the bullpen.
    Right about Torres. But had Drury not had blury vision Andujar might have spent the year at Scranton.

NYYF Legend

2) Iím told theyíre very conscientious about sending birthday cards to players' wives and kids.

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

It won't even be a long ride home from Oakland after the WC loss. Boone will feel good about what they accomplished.
    Standings: Big Inning 32-16; Blue Cut 27-21; Shoo Fly 26-22; Husk 22-26; Frank Pierce 21-27; Iowa City 16-32.

not really... I have to count on my hands & feet how many times a ball was hit down the 1b & 3b line with two outs for extra base hits & scored runs ...this is baseball you learn in Little league to protect the lineS NEVER seen any team like tihs one when it comes to that

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Hook I View Post
    not really... I have to count on my hands & feet how many times a ball was hit down the 1b & 3b line with two outs for extra base hits & scored runs ...this is baseball you learn in Little league to protect the lineS NEVER seen any team like tihs one when it comes to that
    How many hands and feet do you have?

Like a student who was expecting to score an "A" on the final exam only to be very surprised when seeing the exam questions, that student then downgraded his projected grade to a "C", principal owner Hal Steinbrenner told the New York Post today the following:

"Iím not sure disappointed would be the word I would choose regarding [playing in] Oakland. I would certainly prefer to play in NY of course. Having said that, if it is to be the wild-card game then the focus of our players will be to beat whatever team is in front of them."

NYYF Legend

boone was on the michael kay show today and actually said, "despite almost being no-hit, i thought it was our best game of the series in terms of AB's and approach"

it'd be nice to actually hear a manager trying to light a fire under his team's ass instead of trying to sugarcoat things
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

The O's just gifted the Yankees with an additional 0.5 game lead over the A's.

Boone is KOTITE

Quote Originally Posted by flymick24 View Post
    boone was on the michael kay show today and actually said, "despite almost being no-hit, i thought it was our best game of the series in terms of AB's and approach"

it'd be nice to actually hear a manager trying to light a fire under his team's ass instead of trying to sugarcoat things
    Kick ass coaches like Mike Ditka, Lou Pinella, Tom Coughlin, Bill Cowher, etc., get short term results through the fear factor. Laid back coaches like Lovey Smith, Tony Dungy, Joe Gibbs, Joe Torre, etc., don't need to throw chairs and scream and rant to get their point across. Both manners of coaching/managing succeed when the common denominator is respect from the players. I just don't see the Yankees players respecting Aaron Boone just yet maybe due to his greenness.

NYYF Cy Young

How many hands and feet do you have?
    Thanks - I needed a laugh.

In this morning's New York Post is the following:

ďOn this 13th of September, after watching last nightís latest debacle, that I think this might be the worst 90-win team the Yankees have ever had,Ē Mike Francesa said.

Francesa ó who stated the Yankees have had 62 teams in their history win at least 90 games ó hasnít been impressed with this group, to say the least.

Word of the Year is Complicit ojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YanksBeatBraves1996 View Post

ďOn this 13th of September, after watching last nightís latest debacle, that I think this might be the worst 90-win team the Yankees have ever had,Ē Mike Francesa said.

Francesa ó who stated the Yankees have had 62 teams in their history win at least 90 games ó hasnít been impressed with this group, to say the least.
    Iíve been saying this for months now. This just isnít a 100 win team. More like 87. I attempted to get at why that was by pointing out the rest of the league just sucks this year, but it came off conspiratorial.
    This is not America...No! https://youtu.be/neLXqbR_r0E

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    Iíve been saying this for months now. This just isnít a 100 win team. More like 87. I attempted to get at why that was by pointing out the rest of the league just sucks this year, but it came off conspiratorial.

I don't disagree, but then it weights the same for other teams..

If our record is inflated by a bunch of bad teams, then aren't those of the other teams as well, like Boston, Hou and Oak? And to be honest, we probably played consistently better against the better teams than we have against the bad ones.

I mean Boston has devoured bad teams this year.
    I used to think I was crazy... Now I am sure of it..

MLB Mgr or Camp Counselor? ArodEra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YanksBeatBraves1996 View Post

“On this 13th of September, after watching last night’s latest debacle, that I think this might be the worst 90-win team the Yankees have ever had,” Mike Francesa said.

Francesa — who stated the Yankees have had 62 teams in their history win at least 90 games — hasn’t been impressed with this group, to say the least.

I don't always agree with Francesa, but he's spot on. A couple of weeks ago, even Pedro said this Yankee team lacks fire and hustle, despite their record. He said that they lack the energy of a winning team.....and he's 100% correct.

I've said it many times, that those who keep repeating the same mantra about this team's record aren't paying close attention to how flawed this team is from the entire FO (particularly the GM), to the manager, to the coaching staff, to the starting rotation, to the once lock down bullpen, to Stanton (I'm hating this trade more by the day), to Severino, to Sanchez to Bird, to some absolutely disgraceful defense from 3B and C (Sanchez), to too many hitters who don't make contact, to living and dying by the homerun, to relying on two rookies.

And yes, there are injuries, but all teams have them and it's not as if this Yankee team was playing with impressive spark when Judge was in the lineup.

Before the season started, I was looking forward to watching this 2018 team (especially after 2017 and the addition of Stanton), but instead I can find 100 other things I'd rather do than watch this unwatchable team. They could win the World Series this year (after all, it's a crapshoot) and my impression of this 2018 team won't change.

Audio of Francesa:

Call me an anti-Semite? Stop it! Iím anti-termite :
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DmRm7jfVAAANxs4.jpg

Give me your tired, your poor, your rock throwers...

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    I don't always agree with Francesa, but he's spot on. A couple of weeks ago, even Pedro said this Yankee team lacks fire and hustle, despite their record. He said that they lack the energy of a winning team.....and he's 100% correct.

I've said it many times, that those who keep repeating the same mantra about this team's record aren't paying close attention to how flawed this team is from the entire FO (particularly the GM), to the manager, to the coaching staff, to the starting rotation, to the once lock down bullpen, to Stanton (I'm hating this trade more by the day), to Severino, to Sanchez to Bird, to some absolutely disgraceful defense from 3B and C (Sanchez), to too many hitters who don't make contact, to living and dying by the homerun, to relying on two rookies.

And yes, there are injuries, but all teams have them and it's not as if this Yankee team was playing with impressive spark when Judge was in the lineup.

Before the season started, I was looking forward to watching this 2018 team (especially after 2017 and the addition of Stanton), but instead I can find 100 other things I'd rather do than watch this unwatchable team. They could win the World Series this year (after all, it's a crapshoot) and my impression of this 2018 team won't change.

Audio of Francesa:

I donít think winning comes from having the energy of a winning team. I think winning creates the energy.

Word of the Year is Complicit ojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aeromac76 View Post
    I don't disagree, but then it weights the same for other teams..

If our record is inflated by a bunch of bad teams, then aren't those of the other teams as well, like Boston, Hou and Oak? And to be honest, we probably played consistently better against the better teams than we have against the bad ones.

I mean Boston has devoured bad teams this year.
    Bostonís better than NY this year. No two ways about that. Iím saying that while the Yankees are probably an 87 win team, the Red Sox are probably Just beyond 100 than wherever they wind up (111?).
    This is not America...No! https://youtu.be/neLXqbR_r0E

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    Bostonís better than NY this year. No two ways about that. Iím saying that while the Yankees are probably an 87 win team, the Red Sox are probably Just beyond 100 than wherever they wind up (111?).

I don't disagree there.. All I am saying is that when people say "this is an 87 win team in a normal year" that may be correct. But it is stated with the air of it meaning the team is barely above average because 87 wins in THIS year is barely above average. If this year's Yankees team was an 87 win team in a normal year (at least by past standards) then those 87 wins probably make the playoffs.

Example, the 2000 NY Yankees, specifically the 2000 WORLD CHAMPION NY Yankees, were an 87 win team..
    I used to think I was crazy... Now I am sure of it..

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by aeromac76 View Post
    I don't disagree there.. All I am saying is that when people say "this is an 87 win team in a normal year" that may be correct. But it is stated with the air of it meaning the team is barely above average because 87 wins in THIS year is barely above average. If this year's Yankees team was an 87 win team in a normal year (at least by past standards) then those 87 wins probably make the playoffs.

Example, the 2000 NY Yankees, specifically the 2000 WORLD CHAMPION NY Yankees, were an 87 win team..
    Yankees caught a break that season in that Boston had an off season. But through August that season Yankees looked like a 95 win team.

Thread Information