+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 104 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 101 102 103 104
Results 2,576 to 2,598 of 2598

Re: 2018 Aaron Boone Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    So you want Boone fired?
    No, I want Hal to give him a 20-year contract extension.....

Of course I want him fired. Problem is, we know that’s not happening.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
    No, I want Hal to give him a 20-year contract extension.....
    So I take that as a yes then youíre in agreement with my thinking as I donít have any confidence in Booneís managerial ability. With that said, I donít expect Hal and Cashman to fire Boone. I do expect some major coaching changes.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    So I take that as a yes then youíre in agreement with my thinking as I donít have any confidence in Booneís managerial ability. With that said, I donít expect Hal and Cashman to fire Boone. I do expect some major coaching changes.
    I agree with you that Boone is not going anywhere but I wonder if there will be major coaching changes. I mean it was pretty obvious that if you hired a person to manage with no previous experience that you should surround him with the most experienced coaches available. How did that work out. I could easily see Cash blaming the injuries for the poor play and giving everyone another season.

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
    Well stated, Bub. Every single one of your points are spot-on.
    This is why I find Halís recent comments deeply disturbing. They basically gave a teenager the keys to the Ferrari, watched him burn the clutch, ding it up multiple times, and conclude that heís a great driver.
    Hal in under the threshold and the people who he is ripping off are ok with it. And he is probably saving another 5-6 million with an inexperienced manager and coaches. He is swimming in money, he is not going to lose sleep if they get knocked out early in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vanderlay View Post
    Hal in under the threshold and the people who he is ripping off are ok with it. And he is probably saving another 5-6 million with an inexperienced manager and coaches. He is swimming in money, he is not going to lose sleep if they get knocked out early in the playoffs.
    The following is well known:

Joe Girardi was making $4M annually.

Dusty Baker $2M annually.

John Gibbons $1.7M annually.

Aaron Boone? I suspect $1.25M to $1.5M annually. Chump change.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YanksBeatBraves1996 View Post

And I would guess keeping Girardi would have been a bump up on his salary.

NYYF Cy Young

Close. May not be a bad thing. I think it's 1.15M but it's 3 years that bother me. I thought the 2020 club option was maybe 2 years but I was corrected here. If next year he has another under-performing year (my opinion) the money is so low Cash can replace him. George would.

Quote Originally Posted by bucky View Post
    Close. May not be a bad thing. I think it's 1.15M but it's 3 years that bother me. I thought the 2020 club option was maybe 2 years but I was corrected here. If next year he has another under-performing year (my opinion) the money is so low Cash can replace him. George would.
    You would think after 148 games of Major League experience under his belt, Boone would have learned from his bullpen management and roster construction mistakes that veteran managers seldom make.

moronic move by boone taking andujar out for defense.. and when the yanks were trailing they had to use walker in andujar spot.. just terrible... managing..

Quote Originally Posted by nyyankeefan4life View Post
    moronic move by boone taking andujar out for defense.. and when the yanks were trailing they had to use walker in andujar spot.. just terrible... managing..
    You don't take out your best hitter for defensive purposes when your team is BEHIND by only one run unless he's injured, dummy Boone!

Devoted Member

You don't take out your best hitter for defensive purposes when your team is BEHIND by only one run unless he's injured, dummy Boone!
    He didn't do that. They were ahead. Were they not up 2-1?

Quote Originally Posted by 24Rickey View Post
    He didn't do that. They were ahead. Were they not up 2-1?
    And lots of teams do this. This is an overkill.

Check the score of the game when he was taken out. I would have done the same.

Quote Originally Posted by jeterrules View Post
    Check the score of the game when he was taken out. I would have done the same.
    it was 2-1 top of the 8th inning he took him out... this is not the first time he took him out and the yanks blew the lead andujar would have led off the 9th inning not neil walker...

Boone pushed all the right buttons today, the offense just fell flat...again.
    Let the kids play.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    And Dellin choked up.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by CalYankeeFan View Post
    And Dellin choked up.
    He had that rookie beat with a 99mph fastball, then tried to get him out with the curve. Bad call by somebody.
    Let the kids play.

NYYF Legend

He had that rookie beat with a 99mph fastball, then tried to get him out with the curve. Bad call by somebody.
    Agreed. They outsmarted themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by CalYankeeFan View Post
    Agreed. They outsmarted themselves.
    Gary Sanchez most likely called for that pitch and Betances like an obedient Cylon centurian said, "by your command".

NYYF Legend

Yes. At least in this game Boone really did not do anything wrong. All on another stagnant day by our world class offense. This team should be able to score off pitchers like Pannone even with Judge still out.

I’ve come to this conclusion. By batting Glayber ninth Boone is either a complete moron who has no idea what he’s doing or he’s a genius who is managing at such a high level it’s beyond my ability to understand.

Clap clap, clap-clap-clap ArodEra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vanderlay View Post
    I’ve come to this conclusion. By batting Glayber ninth Boone is either a complete moron who has no idea what he’s doing or he’s a genius who is managing at such a high level it’s beyond my ability to understand.
    I'm going with genius based solely on how he blows bubble gum bubbles and then quickly removes it from his face after they burst.

The "kid" (Andujar) STAYS in the game until it's completed!
    If you want his defense to develop he needs "game reps"! Thats how you learn.
    You don't bring in a guy who won't even be on the team next year and is colder than cold coming off the bench!
    Torres makes more errors than the Kid and if you remember Jeter kicking the ball all over the field in his rookie (when he won rookie of the year) also why leave the worse defensive catcher in the game and leave the teams best first basement on the bench and have a first baseman who is NOT a first basemen!

It might be time to bring in a "real manager" for the last inning too!

Can you imagine the scene that Billy Martin would score when Hicks our dog it center fielder
    displayed tonight. Remember Reggie not hustling on a ball in front of him?
    This guy Hicks is a crybaby on balls and strikes and has started catching fly balls at his chest, off his shoulder and he will drop one eventually.

Cashman has his work load ahead of him this winter.

Sanchez & Stanton could bring back pitching that is sorely needed.

Give the Angles anything and everything they want! Bring the "current day" Mick home!
    Give him number #6 Joe Torres did nothing to retire a number. Just do it, without a certified veteran this team will do NOTHING!

They don't grind they don't hit against the shift they ALL swing for the fences and have two rookies who are the best hitters on the team!

Wake up................look at their record since the all star game..........ordinary!

Thread Information