+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast

Re: 2018 Aaron Boone Performance Thread

Judge was drafted as a center fielder and says he is quite comfortable playing the position. It will be interesting to watch.

not as far from yankee stadium as i once was

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Steve View Post
    Judge was drafted as a center fielder and says he is quite comfortable playing the position. It will be interesting to watch.
    frequently, guys get drafted at position only to be moved. i don't think we see him in CF much.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Steve View Post
    He is too big and bulky. He's not a CF. All this will lead is to him getting hurt.

Regardless of the outcome of this game Boone’s bullpen management in the game made no sense. Where have you gone Joe Girardi, Yankee fans turn their lowly eyes to you!

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vanderlay View Post
    Regardless of the outcome of this game Boone’s bullpen management in the game made no sense. Where have you gone Joe Girardi, Yankee fans turn their lowly eyes to you!
    Agreed about Holder. Disagree about Dellin. I’d love to see our top relievers going 2 innings at a time if they’re pitching well. No need to burn multiple relievers. You’re only screwing yourself for extra innings if necessary and using pitchers for 1 inning increases the odds of bringing someone in that doesn’t have it that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Carsten Charles View Post
    Agreed about Holder. Disagree about Dellin. I’d love to see our top relievers going 2 innings at a time if they’re pitching well. No need to burn multiple relievers. You’re only screwing yourself for extra innings if necessary and using pitchers for 1 inning increases the odds of bringing someone in that doesn’t have it that day.
    I’m glad you’re loving it, I can think of another word.

Lol at some people still being upset Girardi got let go.

Quote Originally Posted by Yanks12009 View Post
    Lol at some people still being upset Girardi got let go.
    Lol at those who criticized his bullpen management.

Definitely not a fan of having dellin go two, but don't mind Boones thinking behind it.
    You’re inviting the world to bite your arse when you stick your head in the sand.’- Choss
    Thetripleplay.wordpress.com

NYYF Legend

Holder in that spot. Dumb.

Betances going two. Dumb.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Holder in that spot. Dumb.

Betances going two. Dumb.
    Green never getting in game. Dumb

Considering this is a move you would have supported from Girardi last year, its pretty hypocritical of you to now complain about it.

Judge is fine in center. The only area where he's out of place is in the No. 2 spot in the lineup. He has no business there. I don't know why they're insistent on this.

Piss-poor, mind-boggling management of the bullpen by Boone today.

Lol at some people who continually disparage posters or fan bases instead of discussing the topic at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by spanky185 View Post
    Definitely not a fan of having dellin go two, but don't mind Boones thinking behind it.
    Look, I like Boone and want him to succeed and we’re having some fun here. But the point is if Girardi would have managed the bullpen the way Boone did today all hell would have broken loose.

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Shows Muscle View Post
    Judge is fine in center. The only area where he's out of place is in the No. 2 spot in the lineup. He has no business there. I don't know why they're insistent on this.
    Analytics show that the 2 spot is the best spot for your best hitter. That said, I don’t expect you to accept that just because it doesn’t fit your narrative.

Considering this is a move you would have supported from Girardi last year, its pretty hypocritical of you to now complain about it.
    Discuss the topic instead of disparaging fan bases and posters. It's getting old and tired.

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    Discuss the topic instead of disparaging fan bases and posters. It's getting old and tired.
    Exactly, thank you.

Pretty disappointed he opted to go with Didi at cleanup today over Sanchez -- given Sanchez's overall dominance of Estrada. A hitter of Sanchez's caliber shouldn't be hitting 5th, especially behind a guy with poor on base skills.

That was secondary to bringing in Holder's gimpy ass to preserve the tie.

Look, I like Boone and want him to succeed and we’re having some fun here. But the point is if Girardi would have managed the bullpen the way Boone did today all he’ll would have broken loose.
    Wasn't any worse than watching him blow games last year by putting clippard in important innings. Or having Mitchell play first base. Or the Fenway meltdown in 2016. Girardis bullpen management had spiralled down to horrible from 8/1/15 straight through to the end of last season. It was a clear trend. I'll worry when we see a trend develop from boone.
    You’re inviting the world to bite your arse when you stick your head in the sand.’- Choss
    Thetripleplay.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    Seeing people being hypocritical for an agenda is also old and tired. It's like some people have forgotten the Clippard Debacle last year.

Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    Pretty disappointed he opted to go with Didi at cleanup today over Sanchez -- given Sanchez's overall dominance of Estrada. A hitter of Sanchez's caliber shouldn't be hitting 5th, especially behind a guy with poor on base skills.

That was secondary to bringing in Holder's gimpy ass to preserve the tie.
    I couldn't agree more. I just don't see the rationale.

Quote Originally Posted by Carsten Charles View Post
    Analytics show that the 2 spot is the best spot for your best hitter. That said, I don’t expect you to accept that just because it doesn’t fit your narrative.
    So why is Judge there?

Is your definition of "best hitter" based strictly on power or overall ability to make contact?

If it's the latter, which it should be, then the hitter who led the AL in strikeouts last year shouldn't bat second. Hitting Gregorious cleanup instead of in the 2-hole is equally senseless. Gregorious strikes out less than anyone on the team, posted the highest batting average last year among all regulars and runs the bases well enough to justify batting second. I'd even argue for Stanton batting 2nd over Judge based on your assessment of what a No. 2 hitter should be. You can't possibly believe Judge is a better hitter than Stanton.

Released Outright

Exactly, thank you.
    Wish you took your own advice. You’re a long time poster and I can sense you’re a proper Yankee fan but you were the one who started disparaging other fans for not criticizing Boone enough as compared to Girardi. Why bring up the past? Boone was bad today.

Seeing people being hypocritical for an agenda is also old and tired. It's like some people have forgotten the Clippard Debacle last year.
    The only agenda here is that many of us believe Boone mismanaged the game today. You have not added anything to the conversation but personal attacks.

Thread Information