+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MLB Food Fest

Addicted Member

MLB Food Fest

Re: MLB Food Fest

Since Iíll already be in the area for the game vs Toronto on 4/21 Iím attending this too. Will either be incredible or a complete bust. Itís a $28 risk.

a 20,000 calorie MLB experience?

YankeeJimBeam, thanks for posting this!

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeJimBeam View Post

It looks like the event is sold out

NYYF Legend

Did anyone go? Mo was there! (So was a celebrated ex-player from the Red Sox.)

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-foodfes...am/c-273150048

Mariano Rivera spent his entire two-decade career pitching in ballparks around the Majors, but until Friday night, the legendary closer didn't realize just how much he missed over the years.

Rivera was among the celebrities in attendance at Opening Night of the MLB FoodFest, a weekend-long event on Fifth Avenue in Manhattan that features one signature concession item from each of the league's 30 teams.

"I thought there would be more junk food, but it's not," Rivera said after stopping at a few different stands to sample some of the offerings. "It's interesting. I'm going to enjoy this."
    Ortiz jumped behind the Red Sox concession stand to hand out Lobster Rolls, while Rivera did the same at the Yankees station, serving "Adobo Bao" (chicken and pork rinds in a bun) to fans.

I had a ticket, but was unable to go. I'd love to hear any reports from folks here that did go.

NYYF Legend

I'm going tomorrow (Sunday), I'll let everyone know how it went
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

Went yesterday in the 5:00 - 7:00 window after attending the game. It was well worth the $25 although I only did it because I was coming up for the game. Other than the Diamondbacks, Rangers, and Astros I didnít experience much of a wait for anything. I tried 22/30 items (sorry Mets, Brewers, Reds, Rockies, Padres, Tigers, Angels, and Royals). I didnít pace myself because I ate the entire offering from the first 15 or so in the first 45 minutes. My favorites were the Aís, Nationals, Rangers, and Cubs. My least favorite were Phillies, Yankees, Red Sox, and Pirates. Surprisingly this event was not overly crowded and worth the $25. The grasshoppers were spicy and not bad. Took two helpings if the grasshoppers home to show my son.

NYYF Legend

I went to last window of the day 7:00PM - 9:00PM and it was a fun event. I tried a ton of food but didn't get to try everything cause I was so full. It was a good chance to talk with other fans, and eat ballpark style food. I'd say the crowd was 65-35 split of baseball fans and the other half were foodie hipsters just there to try food. Most fans were Yankees or Mets but there was also a good spread of other teams which was nice to see. My personal fav was the Oakland Athletics ó Monte Khrush Davis Christo

It was all you can eat with no limit. Here is a visual list of food for those that missed it:

http://www.businessinsider.com/mlb-foodfest-menu-2018-3
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

Thanks for the reports, nagledm and BronxYanks45!

NYYF Legend

damn, how did I miss this

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Don't feel super bad, it sold out in less than a week

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Also, this was billed as the "first annual" MLB Food Fest, so it appears likely this will take place next year if this year's event was successful (which, guessing from the reports, it was). Don't know if they'll host it in other cities, though. I'm sure those of us who ordered tickets for this one will probably be notified of any future Food Fests.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by njyankeesfan View Post
    Also, this was billed as the "first annual" MLB Food Fest, so it appears likely this will take place next year if this year's event was successful (which, guessing from the reports, it was). Don't know if they'll host it in other cities, though. I'm sure those of us who ordered tickets for this one will probably be notified of any future Food Fests.
    Yea, I mean hosting it in NY is obvious for the population but this totally can also work in other major cities like LA, Miami, Chicago, Bay Area etc...

Thread Information