+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 34 of 34
  1. #26
    NYYF Legend

    longtimeyankeefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

    Re: 2018 to be Ken Singleton's last in the booth

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Yankee Fan View Post
    Singleton will drop from 55 games this season to about 24 in 2019. He plans to work two of the Yankees' three road trips to Baltimore and Tampa Bay - he has homes in both places - plus work a couple series in New York and pick one other road trip.
    Anyone want to bet against the other road trip being Toronto?
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

  2. #27
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The Bronx

    Re: 2018 to be Ken Singleton's last in the booth

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Yankee Fan View Post

    Great! he's returning
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

  3. #28
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I live by the Sound

    Re: 2018 to be Ken Singleton's last in the booth

    Quote Originally Posted by longtimeyankeefan View Post
    Anyone want to bet against the other road trip being Toronto?
    Not sure I follow. Why Toronto in particular? Because it's a comparatively short trip? But you've got Customs. Why not Boston?

    anyway glad he's back. 24 games of Singleton sure beats 0. They should make him PBP for those games and cut Kay from 125 to 101 (I know they won't but I can dream).

  4. #29

    Re: 2018 to be Ken Singleton's last in the booth

    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNewman View Post
    Not sure I follow. Why Toronto in particular? Because it's a comparatively short trip? But you've got Customs. Why not Boston?

    anyway glad he's back. 24 games of Singleton sure beats 0. They should make him PBP for those games and cut Kay from 125 to 101 (I know they won't but I can dream).
    Kenny absolutely loves Toronto. If I had to bet, I'd put my money on Toronto as well.

    Great news that Kenny's coming back even if on a shorter schedule.

  5. #30
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I live by the Sound

    Re: 2018 to be Ken Singleton's last in the booth

    Quote Originally Posted by albo4lyfe View Post
    Kenny absolutely loves Toronto.
    OK, thanks. He has good taste.

    (I'm sure he knows by now to exchange your money before you cross the border. They WILL screw you on the exchange rate if they can lol. )

  6. #31
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNewman View Post
    OK, thanks. He has good taste.

    (I'm sure he knows by now to exchange your money before you cross the border. They WILL screw you on the exchange rate if they can lol. )
    His job was based in Canada for 15 years (3 as a player and 12 as a broadcaster), So im guessing hes got the crossing-the-border thing down. And yeah, he loves Toronto.

  7. #32
    NYYF Legend

    theDurk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Basking Ridge, NJ

    Re: 2018 to be Ken Singleton's last in the booth

    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNewman View Post
    OK, thanks. He has good taste.

    (I'm sure he knows by now to exchange your money before you cross the border. They WILL screw you on the exchange rate if they can lol. )
    Last time I went, just using my Visa card either directly or at an ATM was cheaper than changing money on either side of the border. In general, US banks give really crappy FX rates.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

  8. #33

    Re: 2018 to be Ken Singleton's last in the booth

    Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    Last time I went, just using my Visa card either directly or at an ATM was cheaper than changing money on either side of the border. In general, US banks give really crappy FX rates.
    Yeah. Just use a credit card that doesn't charge a foreign transaction fee. It's not rocket science.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

  9. #34
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: 2018 to be Ken Singleton's last in the booth

    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNewman View Post
    Not sure I follow. Why Toronto in particular? Because it's a comparatively short trip? But you've got Customs. Why not Boston?

    anyway glad he's back. 24 games of Singleton sure beats 0. They should make him PBP for those games and cut Kay from 125 to 101 (I know they won't but I can dream).

    When Yankees play a weekend series at Boston many times only one game is aired on YES. So Ken might only do one game.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts