+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7

Re: 2018 International Free Agency

https://nypost.com/2018/07/14/yankee...ield-prospect/

“Dexter Fowler and Devon White with more power,” Rowland said of Alcantara, whom the Yankees ranked as the fourth-best Latin American prospect. “He is a really interesting guy.”

Devon White had 208 career HRs, although admittedly he only broke 20 twice in a single season, but people are silly. Don Mattingly had 222 career, for refernce. Alcantara turned 16 this week, he's as likely to be me as he is to be Devon White, let alone a better version.

Quote Originally Posted by jon abbey View Post
    Devon White had 208 career HRs, although admittedly he only broke 20 twice in a single season, but people are silly. Don Mattingly had 222 career, for refernce. Alcantara turned 16 this week, he's as likely to be me as he is to be Devon White, let alone a better version.
    I understand why they make these comparisons, but it's much too early to seriously take this specific comparison seriously. A lot of development and adding more muscle mass lies ahead for this just turned 16 year old. Let's see where he is in 2020/2021 as we've seen so many busts beforehand and will so again in the future.
    To all, life is too short, enjoy the baseball season even those that hate me.

Yeah, my only issue there was Devon White wasn’t Billy Hamilton, 208 career HRs is a pretty high bar.

Donny usually make comparisons to kids he previously scouted at the same stage.

Thread Information