+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2018 Oakland Raiders

I want DL Vea Vita in our draft...

'Kick ass. Pop champagne. And get some ho's.'

Re: 2018 Oakland Raiders

So are Crabtree and/or Lynch staying or going? I have seen so many contradicting reports I dont know what to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffman View Post
    So are Crabtree and/or Lynch staying or going? I have seen so many contradicting reports I dont know what to believe.
    My impression is they are staying. Probably need to redo contracts for cap space though.

Well from what I have just seen, Crabtree is out.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by geoffman View Post
    Well from what I have just seen, Crabtree is out.
    Yep - Crabtree out - Nelson in.

Lynch is getting his bonus and staying.

Suh to visit...

Day one was a head scratcher but really like the Hurst and Key picks.

For better or worse it looks like Gruden is in total control of the football operations including personnel decisions. They've been acquiring high reward/high risk players all off-season. So it's either going to get better or a lot worse for Raider fans.

Calls a tool a tool

Is Gunther the right man for the job?

Quote Originally Posted by ChinMusic View Post
    Is Gunther the right man for the job?
    Time will tell, but here is an interesting read:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/06/21/oa...mpaign=themmqb

As I Raiders fan, I don't know what Gruden is doing to the Raiders organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    As I Raiders fan, I don't know what Gruden is doing to the Raiders organization.
    I understand the Mack deal. I understand the Cook release and AJ trade, but what the hell happened in the Bryant deal?

I think Jon likes Hall, Key and Hurst a lot and Mack was going to kill the team cap wise. Time will tell if this was a smart move. On a bright note the next two drafts are going to be fun!

Quote Originally Posted by NYYFAN View Post
    I understand the Mack deal. I understand the Cook release and AJ trade, but what the hell happened in the Bryant deal?

I think Jon likes Hall, Key and Hurst a lot and Mack was going to kill the team cap wise. Time will tell if this was a smart move. On a bright note the next two drafts are going to be fun!
    I'm worry now that today's NFL has passed Gruden by similar to what happened to Al Davis several years ago.

The Mack trade was a debacle. You can’t trade him then say it’s hard to find good pass rushers. Just awful by gruden. The guy is a game wrecker

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fightingirish595 View Post
    The Mack trade was a debacle. You can’t trade him then say it’s hard to find good pass rushers. Just awful by gruden. The guy is a game wrecker
    Speculation on local radio is Gruden is still upset people say he won the SB with Dungy's players so he's cleaning house and starting from scratch since his $100M - 10 year contract basically makes him unfireable. Further speculation is he'll look to deal Carr in the off season and really burn it to the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Speculation on local radio is Gruden is still upset people say he won the SB with Dungy's players so he's cleaning house and starting from scratch since his $100M - 10 year contract basically makes him unfireable. Further speculation is he'll look to deal Carr in the off season and really burn it to the ground.
    That would be something, I thought he was high on carr. He hasnt shown much improvement this year.

They arent wrong though, He won with Dungy's players. That 02 defense had 5 or 6 All Pro players on it, just on defense alone, Most of them All Pro caliber before and during his time there

Oh not to mention Sapp and Brooks are in the hall of fame, And the others are in the discussion

My fear is that Gruden is going to set the Raiders back another ten years before he departs in another 4-5 years.

My fear is that Gruden is going to set the Raiders back another ten years before he departs in another 4-5 years.
    Time will tell. Really important that he hits on these newly acquired draft picks obviously. In the nfl you can go from bad to good really quickly.

As for Mack the price was too high with Carr's contract.

NYYF Legend

They arent wrong though, He won with Dungy's players. That 02 defense had 5 or 6 All Pro players on it, just on defense alone, Most of them All Pro caliber before and during his time there

Oh not to mention Sapp and Brooks are in the hall of fame, And the others are in the discussion
    He wasn't a GM though, he was a coach. So what if he won with Dungy's players. Dungy didn't win with Dungy's players, but Gruden did. It's kind of a cheap snipe to demean what he did with TB based on that, IMO.

As far as here and now, I am agnostic although I admit he seems to be screwing up royal, from what I can tell from afar as a non-Raider fan.

Time will tell. Really important that he hits on these newly acquired draft picks obviously. In the nfl you can go from bad to good really quickly.
    The Raiders have been awful with the draft except for Mack and Carr.

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNewman View Post
    He wasn't a GM though, he was a coach. So what if he won with Dungy's players. Dungy didn't win with Dungy's players, but Gruden did. It's kind of a cheap snipe to demean what he did with TB based on that, IMO.

As far as here and now, I am agnostic although I admit he seems to be screwing up royal, from what I can tell from afar as a non-Raider fan.
    Gruden has a big say in the players that are drafted and signed. He took something really good and made it great in 02 with Tampa.

Gruden has a big say in the players that are drafted and signed. He took something really good and made it great in 02 with Tampa.
    That was sixteen years ago.

That was sixteen years ago.
    What exactly is you’re point. I don’t mean to sound like an a hole. Serious question

Thread Information