+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: 2018 Oakland Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by fightingirish595 View Post
    What exactly is you’re point. I don’t mean to sound like an a hole. Serious question
    My point is that perhaps the NFL has passed Gruden by like it did with Al Davis. It happens even to NFL greats like Al Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    My point is that perhaps the NFL has passed Gruden by like it did with Al Davis. It happens even to NFL greats like Al Davis.
    I agree. I said that because gruden really didn’t have to do much in Tampa to win.

Im hearing Cooper to the Cowboys for a first round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffman View Post
    Im hearing Cooper to the Cowboys for a first round pick.
    Jerry got swindled

NYYF Legend

But Gruden will waste the pick anyway. It'll probably be a no win trade for both.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fightingirish595 View Post
    Gruden has a big say in the players that are drafted and signed. He took something really good and made it great in 02 with Tampa.
    He coached the talent he had and won with it, give him credit for that. But Tampa went downhill kind of quick after that SB win. He didn't build anything, it was already in place.

His draft record in Tampa is absolutely horrible. Just look at the number of players he drafted while at Tampa and how many made the pro bowl in their career.
    I think the number of pro bowl players he drafted was 3, and I think 2 of them made it after leaving Tampa.

Unless his second run in Oakland at player evaluation improves dramatically, it's going to be a long 10 years for Raider fans, where ever they are playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    He coached the talent he had and won with it, give him credit for that. But Tampa went downhill kind of quick after that SB win. He didn't build anything, it was already in place.

His draft record in Tampa is absolutely horrible. Just look at the number of players he drafted while at Tampa and how many made the pro bowl in their career.
    I think the number of pro bowl players he drafted was 3, and I think 2 of them made it after leaving Tampa.

Unless his second run in Oakland at player evaluation improves dramatically, it's going to be a long 10 years for Raider fans, where ever they are playing.
    Yes I agree with all of that

Three #1s in 2019. Rooting for Dallas and Chicago to lose. Should also have close to 90 million in cap space for free agents. I think they are rebuilding for Vegas.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NYYFAN View Post
    Three #1s in 2019. Rooting for Dallas and Chicago to lose. Should also have close to 90 million in cap space for free agents. I think they are rebuilding for Vegas.
    That was clear the day they traded Khalil Mack. Honestly, would not surprise me one bit to see them shop Carr in the off season. And I think Reggie Mckenzie's days are numbered, regardless of what Gruden says to the contrary.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

That was clear the day they traded Khalil Mack. Honestly, would not surprise me one bit to see them shop Carr in the off season. And I think Reggie Mckenzie's days are numbered, regardless of what Gruden says to the contrary.
    They should just trade Carr today if that's their plan. He'd fit in very well in either NY or Jacksonville.

Reggie is definitely gone after the year.

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    They should just trade Carr today if that's their plan. He'd fit in very well in either NY or Jacksonville.
    If he isn’t traded he will cut this offseason

Where are the Raiders going to play in 2019? Their contract in Oakland is up at the end of this year, and the City of Oakland will take them to the cleaners if they want a one-year deal. I've heard rumors they could stadium-share with the 49ers. I sure don't see them playing in Sam Boyd Stadium in Vegas for a year. That would make the opening of the permanent Vegas Stadium less impactful. How about San Diego?

NYYF Legend

The can be the London Raiders next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    Where are the Raiders going to play in 2019? Their contract in Oakland is up at the end of this year, and the City of Oakland will take them to the cleaners if they want a one-year deal. I've heard rumors they could stadium-share with the 49ers. I sure don't see them playing in Sam Boyd Stadium in Vegas for a year. That would make the opening of the permanent Vegas Stadium less impactful. How about San Diego?
    Save everyone time and effort, and just forfeit the season.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    The Rams and Chargers are playing in temporary homes and I don't see how that will impact the opening of their new shared-stadium in a few years.

Thread Information