+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Re: 2018 Brandon Drury Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Drury isn't a good 2nd baseman and you want him playing SS?
    Drury doesn't need to play SS to platoon with Didi.

Drury to 2B. Torres to SS.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Rob035 View Post
    Drury doesn't need to play SS to platoon with Didi.

Drury to 2B. Torres to SS.
    Exactly. Thanks.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Exactly. Thanks.

didi 2 home runs last night rumors of his demise have been greatly exaggerated..

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by nyyankeefan4life View Post
    didi 2 home runs last night rumors of his demise have been greatly exaggerated..
    Both against a righty. Not a lefty. I'm calling that he and Bird platoon with Drury.

Not to mention, I don't think his demise has been exaggerated. He was 17-111 with 2XBH in a over a month.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

You'd think they'd have the Orioles record with all the sky is falling posts about the majority of the lineup.
    You’re inviting the world to bite your arse when you stick your head in the sand.’- Choss
    Thetripleplay.wordpress.com

NYYF Legend

3-5, now hitting .325 and OPS is over .900.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    3-5, now hitting .325 and OPS is over .900.
    I wish we had a spot for him.

Either he or Andujar has to get traded for a SP, right?

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee01 View Post
    I wish we had a spot for him.

Either he or Andujar has to get traded for a SP, right?
    Not necessarily. I voted on the poll for Drury for a 3rd SP but it's the lesser of 2 evils.
    I would like to keep both Andújar at 3rd and Drury as utility player (Frazier in LF) for next year replacing Walker. I am hoping Tanaka will return. Germán will get better, Sonny needs to pitch better at home (I don't know how it can go so bad so fast and you can see it coming with one borderline ball, then another???). I like what Hal said - we can afford a pitcher so maybe NO.

Him and Clint deserve AB's.

How about they head to San Fran along with Sheff, Abreu, Tate/Swanson/Stephan.

Quote Originally Posted by Melancynic View Post
    Him and Clint deserve AB's.

How about they head to San Fran along with Sheff, Abreu, Tate/Swanson/Stephan.

the giants are not trading bumgarner why should they .. they are in contention in the west bumgarner only making 12 million and signed for next year.. and the giants will resign him..

the giants are not trading bumgarner why should they .. they are in contention in the west bumgarner only making 12 million and signed for next year.. and the giants will resign him..

The Giants are only in contention because the Dodgers and DBacks have taken turns being terrible for a month. They have a -32 run differential and are projected to finish under 80 wins.

https://nypost.com/2018/06/14/the-re...s-versatility/

“We are getting him reps at first and kicking around second [base] as we build versatility,’’ general manager Brian Cashman said at a Hope Week event at P.S. 73, a few blocks north of Yankee Stadium, early Wednesday afternoon before the Yankees hosted the Nationals in the finale of a two-game series. “Obviously, what Andujar has done at third base, we will see if we can create a path to get [Drury] back here if there is an injury at third or on the versatility side of it."

Quote Originally Posted by LouisLitt View Post
    The Giants are only in contention because the Dodgers and DBacks have taken turns being terrible for a month. They have a -32 run differential and are projected to finish under 80 wins.

again even if the giants do not make the playoffs.. why would they trade a ace.. they will need to compete next year and the year after that etc etc etc.. the giants make a lot of money they can easily resign bumgarner...

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post

“We are getting him reps at first and kicking around second [base] as we build versatility,’’ general manager Brian Cashman said at a Hope Week event at P.S. 73, a few blocks north of Yankee Stadium, early Wednesday afternoon before the Yankees hosted the Nationals in the finale of a two-game series. “Obviously, what Andujar has done at third base, we will see if we can create a path to get [Drury] back here if there is an injury at third or on the versatility side of it."
    Interesting part of that article. If he's not going to be able to snag a half year rental, then hold onto him.

By himself, Drury wouldn’t bring back a front-end starter such as Cole Hamels or J.A. Happ, but would be valuable as part of a package with others.

Added versatility to the big league roster with Drury likely would cost Tyler Austin his roster spot because first base is the right-handed hitter’s only position, though he has dabbled in the outfield in the minor leagues. Backup infielder Ronald Torreyes could be a victim but he plays short, a position not suited for Drury.

And don’t ignore the fact the Yankees believe they gave up solid prospects in Taylor Widener, a right-handed pitcher, and infielder Nick Solak to get Drury, when the industry suggested the Yankees didn’t part with much in the three-team deal that included Tampa Bay.
    Calmer than you are

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Interesting part of that article. If he's not going to be able to snag a half year rental, then hold onto him.
    I'm not inclined to agree with King's opinion (or most sports writers for that matter) on the actual trade value of players - they're almost always incorrect at this stage of the conversation - but if he's somehow right then I totally agree on holding him.

I really think King is wrong here though. Maybe not specifically about Happ, but just that he couldn't bring back a solid/good rental.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Hamels/Happ, front end? They're rentals. I wouldn't give up Drury for either. Not after what they gave up to get him(Solak and Widener)...not to mention that he has put the migraines/blurry vision behind him, so he could be even better than before.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by albo4lyfe View Post
    Hamels/Happ, front end? They're rentals. I wouldn't give up Drury for either. Not after what they gave up to get him(Solak and Widener)...not to mention that he has put the migraines/blurry vision behind him, so he could be even better than before.
    I have to agree with you, I wouldn't give him up for a rental.
    God, I love Yankee fans as they're never satisfied!

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post

Thanks for posting. He's on fire and we're getting little to no production at 1B. Call him up pronto.

Quote Originally Posted by bucky View Post
    Why not try it in SWB and start with taking grounders. I saw this when we got him but he was playing 2nd (I like Drury over Wade). Wade is mostly playing 2nd at SWB with some OF. I feel his spot is a utility player/ DL situation and I don't like a starter (Torres) being a backup for Didi. Torres and Andújar need more days off (1/5) in fact so do all big 4 in the pen.
    If u want to sit didi vs lhp you move Torres to SS and drury can play 2B
    My Top 100 Films of 2015: http://funnylookinfilms.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    Thanks for posting. He's on fire and we're getting little to no production at 1B. Call him up pronto.
    Yankees have to be thinking about getting that extra year of control; otherwise, it doesn't make much sense not to have him up now playing all over the field.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by 21stAmendment View Post
    If u want to sit didi vs lhp you move Torres to SS and drury can play 2B

Not really. I think Torres did back up Didi while Toe was down and I didn't like it. It was a reply to an earlier post about 'trying' Drury at SS (versatility) because before last week all we saw him was at 3rd at SWB. I am very happy to see him play 1B last week in SWB. I don't have a problem with Didi playing against LHP (maybe not great but it's better than Walker). Toe at SS is the answer. Now we need to see Drury play more 1B and 2nd at SWB.

tonight - Drury at 3rd 2 for 5 with 1 HR. need to play him at 1B (I know Ford/McBroom are doing fine but this will help our club - Frazier too)
    Last edited by bucky; 06-14-18 at 09:31 PM. Reason: SWB

Quote Originally Posted by albo4lyfe View Post
    Yankees have to be thinking about getting that extra year of control; otherwise, it doesn't make much sense not to have him up now playing all over the field.

Agreed.

Thanks Mr. Sabean.

1. You don't know if he'll be made available.
    2. I don't expect him to be available and my post was tongue-in-cheek.

again even if the giants do not make the playoffs.. why would they trade a ace.. they will need to compete next year and the year after that etc etc etc.. the giants make a lot of money they can easily resign bumgarner...
    Because their ML roster is old and awful. Longoria just broke his hand and their minor league system is in desperate need of replenishing. And Bumgarner is literally the only valuable trade chip that can begin to solve those issues. Did you not realize any of this? They don't need to "compete" next year. They need to begin the process of a massive rebuild. They could keep MadBum but they could also just as easily and smartly begin the overhaul.

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post

Interesting, he's not wearing the eye glass, at least in this game. The solo shot was to left center. The offseason revised swing was evident on that HR against a hard thrower.

Thread Information