+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14

Re: 2018 Brandon Drury Performance Thread

^^ Dis.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisLitt View Post
    I liked the Walker signing and was okay with his performance through May -- he was fairly good during that 17-1 run. But I think it's time to look at cutting bait. He's just not gonna be playing enough for his bat to make any substantial impact.

Could easily find Drury 4-5 starts a week.
    I was meh with it. It was kind of greed and unnecessary. Wade was having a big ST and they knew Torres was close.
    All it's done is clog things up.

I thought he would be the one to go when Bird got back. But his May saved him.

Agreed, concerning Drury. His bat will likely be better and he plays the same positions as Walker. I hope the Yankees aren't holding on to Walker due to his LHB when they built a heavy RH lineup...I mean if they really cared about the LHB, why so many righties...

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    I was meh with it. It was kind of greed and unnecessary. Wade was having a big ST and they knew Torres was close.
    All it's done is clog things up.

I thought he would be the one to go when Bird got back. But his May saved him.

Agreed, concerning Drury. His bat will likely be better and he plays the same positions as Walker. I hope the Yankees aren't holding on to Walker due to his LHB when they built a heavy RH lineup...I mean if they really cared about the LHB, why so many righties...
    I think the Yanks like a veteran for the postseason. If not, then I agree Drury should be on the roster instead of Walker

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinStripes View Post
    Give Bird a minute. He basically had no spring training, is just coming off recovering from an injury and has a very small sample size.
    No! Patience isn't allowed on these forums. Produce every at bat or get outright released.
    You’re inviting the world to bite your arse when you stick your head in the sand.’- Choss
    Thetripleplay.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by poneil2321 View Post
    I think the Yanks like a veteran for the postseason. If not, then I agree Drury should be on the roster instead of Walker
    I think the reason why Drury is not on the roster right now is because the Yankees want to get that extra year of control, which is very valuable in a trade or even if we keep him. If we're winning at this clip without Drury, why wouldn't we keep him down for another 2 weeks to get an extra year of control on him?

NYYF Legend

He's cooled off in the past handful of games, now 1-18 after his 0-2 to start today's game.

Also, his inspiring walk rates that had visions of all-star potential dancing in my head have diminished. In his last 11 games entering today he's got a 166 wRC+, but it's entirely BA/SLG driven as he's got just 2 walks in those 49 PAs, and one of those was intentional.

So he's still hitting well, but his walk rate has nosedived. Counting the 0-2 today, he's got 1 legit BB in his last 50 PAs. That's equates to a 2.0% walk rate exactly.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

NYYF Legend

Aaaaaaand he hits a HR in his 3rd AB of the day after the 0-2 to start the day.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Thread Information